Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,618 comments
TB
A 16TB NAS ≠ "a spare hard drive"! :lol:

And if it does... :scared:

:lol:

Cost? Price out x4 4TB NAS drives from seagate, then add about another $350 for a controller/software/box to house them in. To build one with separate parts, you would be up around $1600 or so. The Seagate box with the drives included came to just under $1100 if memory serves me correctly.

With Raid 5 active, my data is safe as long as I only have single drive failure. I should also be good for a while with my storage needs for the household. With everyone backed up, all media migrated over, I still have over 9TB of usable space left.

Nice setup Pako 👍, If memory serves me well you have a pretty kickass computer and home theater setup as well?

I love those shoes too Marc 👍

I went on a little spending spree this week myself actually!
more info in my bike thread

So after cooling off from my TCG collecting addiction, I found my latest addiction: Strategy guide collecting.

I can’t help it though… I love me a good strategy guide. Hell, I even have some fond memories of some pretty terrible strategy guides. Like the Prima guide for Turok 2... :lol:

Anyway, without further ado, here’s the list of all the guides I’ve ordered on Amazon:

BradyGames
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VIII
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III (The DS remake of the actual FF 3, not the US “FF3”)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy Tactics: the War of the Lions
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Folklore
Parasite Eve
Perfect Dark
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire
Resident Evil 0
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Suikoden Tactics
Threads of Fate
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages

DoubleJump
Disgaea Compilation Guide (Somehow covers Disgaea DS, Hour of Darkness, and Afternoon of Darkness in fewer pages than most guides that only cover a single game)

Future Press (These ones are really nice!)
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Killzone 3
Portal 2
Soul Calibur V

Nintendo
Final Fantasy III (AKA FF6)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones
Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Piggyback
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Prima
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior VII
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Hybrid Heaven
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Ogre Battle 64
Pokemon Black 2 & White 2
Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Pokedex
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Yellow
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
Wild Arms 4
Zelda Box Set (Pre-order, contains Ocarina of Time 3D, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword strategy guides)
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Pre-order)

Versus Books
Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon TCG
Wild Arms 3
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora’s Mask

Then lastly, two books that aren’t strategy guides, but are nonetheless about a specific game:
Pokemon Essential Handbook (Scholastic)
Silent Hill: The Terror Engine (University of Michigan Press)

been busting my ass all summer working so finally decided to buy myself some stuff.
JP0013-SEB71-VEC.gif

1.002BLU.gif

And because I'm finding film to be my addiction now...
41hsVlyqHLL._SX385_.jpg

2 Packs of FP-3000B Black and White film for the Polaroid 103
419dU178jVL._SX385_.jpg

5 packs of FP-100C color for the Polaroid (I'm still trying to find more of the Land Cameras)
81IylqT1bfL._SL385_.jpg

and 5 rolls of XP-2 Black and White film.
51W-B7KJRIL._SX385_.jpg

I just bought some windshield wipers for my neighbors truck since I have been driving that this week. $30.00. Nothing worth taking a pic of.

However I will have MUCH more to share in about a week. :sly: Which will put a major dent in my wallet. :ill:

Six shirts in total.
fig,forest,mens,ffffff.jpg

fig,royal_blue,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

fig,red,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg

fig,navy,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg

fig,navy,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

fig,royal_blue,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

3 sleep pants(3 plaid colors of burgundy, blue, and military green):
41J7JEP0dnL._SY246_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

2x Wigwam At Work Crew Black Socks 3-Pack:
pG01-9494482p275w.jpg

Replacing a bunch of clothes that are starting to shred themselves after years of use.

Long story short, I dropped my LG and it was completely killed, AT&T says my phone insurance was canceled during a phone call a few months ago for some mysterious reason, and having the screen repaired was way more expensive than it should be. Considered cancelling and going to another company, figured they would all try and rip me off one way or the other, so I did something else.

I took advantage of AT&T's payment plan and got myself one of these:
Nokia_Lumia_1020_2.pngc878417b-3318-4431-9830-6464c3af13ebLarge.jpg

en-INTL_L_Speck_Candyshell_for_Nokia_Lumia_1020_YellowBlack_C9F-00079_RM1_mnco.jpg

One thing I didn't know about it was that it comes with a camera strap, which is great help in avoiding dropping yet another phone. I'm loving it so far. And this thing is never going to leave it's case, it seems like the moment I remove a phone from it's case for any reason I drop it.

Xbox One is out of the question for me this year now, too. But I'm better off with the phone than buying something I'd only use for a couple games. I still feel ripped off about my LG, but I figured if I was gonna replace it I was better off putting the money toward this instead of an Xbox.

Last edited:
That phone is really nice. My dad uses it daily and he has no problems, I would recommend upgrading the battery personally though. The camera is insane.

sony-playstation3.jpg

Sony Playstation 3

I bought it off my friend who had hardly ever used it and doesn't use it anymore. It's the 80 GB hard drive version of the original PS3.

Is this the one that has backwards compatibility for ps2 games?

I believe it was the 60GB but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Is this the one that has backwards compatibility for ps2 games?

I believe it was the 60GB but I'm not sure anymore.

If it's one of the models listed below it is PS3 compatible.
  • CECHExx
  • CECHCxx
  • CECHAxx
  • CECHBxx
All models built from October '07 on no longer had this feature. There's an exhaustive list of features per model available here (look at PS2-Kompatibilität) which isn't in the English Wikipedia article, sadly.

Xbox One is out of the question for me this year now, too. But I'm better off with the phone than buying something I'd only use for a couple games. I still feel ripped off about my LG, but I figured if I was gonna replace it I was better off putting the money toward this instead of an Xbox.

I suppose you could possibly sell your LG on eBay or the like to recoup a bit of cash...

EDIT
It's my birthday so...
hot-hot-heat---futur_large.jpg

I'd known this from GT5 (see: Implosionatic) and after seeing it at a record store in vinyl I just knew there would come a day when I would own it myself but it wasn't worth $22 in store.
Thanks Discogs for saving me money!

Last edited:
10399010733_2f713e0fae_z.jpg

And, nice choice Minty! 👍 I'm considering that phone as a worthy replacement of my current one, but not until Nokia releases it in lime green. :sly:

Back