Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,618 comments
"I love Android."

"Oh my god Windows Phone is the best."

"Actually, no. I really did miss Android this whole time even when saying how awesome WP8 was."

"Oh wait. Windows Phone is actually really truly the best."

Anyway:

0089867200009_500X500.jpg

0089867200009_AV4_500X500.jpg

Got a cheap-ish Futon for the play room. Gonna go pick it up on the 30th. Never done a site-to-store purchase before.

Last edited:
0061788500309_500X500.jpg

Would have gone for a grey version on eBay, but I was better off getting whatever they had available in town while I was there.

"Oh wait. Windows Phone is actually really truly the best."

I'm sorry, I said that where, exactly?

I bought it because the hardware was good enough for me to not mind the different OS. There are currently things I still miss about Android, but none of them that I really care about enough to mind the change. I mostly preferred it for the customization, Power Amp, and music organization, but my car has it's own storage now, and when I'm at home I use my computer. So lately I'd almost never used the thing for anything more than some web browsing, texting, and phone calls, all of which I've always felt WP8 did perfectly well.

Last edited:
0061788500309_500X500.jpg

Would have gone for a grey version on eBay, but I was better off getting whatever they had available in town while I was there.

Oh, that reminds me:

71bhkA343oL._SL1400_.jpg

I picked one of those up the other day, too.

:P

I'm sorry, I said that where, exactly?
Experience with WinMobile so far is...absolutely phenomenal. Everything is so smooth, so simple, and very pretty. Little touches make it feel warm and welcoming, where Android and iOS both feel kinda dry, speaking in terms of system menus, the home screen on Android can be made to look pretty damn nice. Its the most beautifully simple interface I've ever seen on a mobile device. I love it.

I bought it because the hardware was good enough for me to not mind the different OS. There are currently things I still miss about Android, but none of them that I really care about enough to mind the change.
And I missed most everything about Android OS, even if I did really like the look and feel of WP8.

So I give it about a month.

Last edited:
5 t-shirts, 2 shirts - 118€ & free shipping. People at the local C&A told me "t-shirt season is over"...yeah, so I ordered it from their website and they gotta pay for shipping since they always ship for free. TAKE THAT!

explosion_thumb.jpg

Hmm. I was forced to buy Amazon Prime and these purchases came along with it.

th

Needed to clean my camera sensors properly.

th

I might look like a god damn fool in those glasses.

Black-Warm-Full-Face-Cover-Winter-Ski-Mask-Beanie-Hat-Scarf-Fishing-Hat-free-shipping-TH01.jpg_350x350.jpg

Have to keep my face warm.

I picked up Batman Arkham City GOTY when it was on sale. I also picked up the Humble Bundle featuring Game of Thrones.

So I give it about a month.

No no, where did I say this time that WP is the best? I still never even said it was the best that time, just that I preferred it's lively interface, which was never not true. And after having had my LG I realized the problem was more with Motorola's obsession with dark "mechanical" themes that made it feel lifeless.

The fact that I was emotionally compromised around the time I made that post and just desperate to find something to feel happy about probably played into it a bit. But that's not really a subject for this thread.

Okay. Neither mine nor Greg's controller worked properly, so...

Was yours broken too?

:lol:
Plugged it in, drivers installed, fired up Steam and played a whole one race of Sonic All Star Racing Transformed. So far, so good!

Mine wouldn't work at all, both on the 360 or PC. Even after downloading the missing drivers. it simply wouldn't detect them.

So I went out earlier and got an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. Already had the drivers installed for it last night and it's working perfectly well.

Here's a shocker. I bought more cameras.

Pictures taken off internet because lazy.

Polaroid 100
Polaroid-Polaroid-100.jpg

Argus Automatic
il_570xN.410200097_qfyh.jpg

Kodak Brownie Reflex
5358793354_57702c28b6_z.jpg

Kodak Brownie Six-20
kodak-brownie-junior-six-20-front.jpg

🤬 Kodak with their 🤬 stupid film sizes

And I almost forgot this badass picture.
1374684_10151952024064596_1349955780_n.jpg

Probably will try to reframe it, it's actually in good condition.

For my 69 Camaro.

2ze9v89.jpg

Tow hooks. One for the front one for the rear for road track racing. Just for piece of mind. About $10.00 each.

211ruh0.jpg

2elsbgm.jpg

5fqlaa.jpg

24cumat.jpg

MSD 8.5mm Plug wires. $90.00. Wire looms to hide and organize the wires. Love these things! $30.00 for the pair.

Replacement fan for laptop which sounds like the bearings are going out or something.

$8.09 with free shipping from China:
51U0ESBOocL._SY300_.jpg

Kinda lame that it will be here by the end of the month but the other options would not be quick enough to even consider paying $30 for a fan.

Replacement fan for laptop which sounds like the bearings are going out or something.

$8.09 with free shipping from China:

Kinda lame that it will be here by the end of the month but the other options would not be quick enough to even consider paying $30 for a fan.

I hear you. I need one too and the prices in here are absolutely ridiculous.

I picked up Bioshock Infinite and the Modern Warfare Bundle .

Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite.jpg

51RmOwa2MmL.jpg

Both were on sale for pretty good discounts on Amazon. Bioshock Infinite was on sale for 75% off. The Modern Warfare Bundle was not discounted quite as heavily, but it is the highest discount I have seen on the games. I have wanted to pick up CoD4 for PC and thought I might as well grab the other two also. Just more games to collect dust in the Steam library! :lol:

Hmm. I was forced to buy Amazon Prime and these purchases came along with it.

If you buy enough stuff, then Prime quickly pays for itself. Plus you get access to a lot of streaming TV shows and movies.

When you buy a bunch of old-timey cameras and use them, does it turn everything you take a picture of into an old-timey equivalent like on cartoons?

Latest Posts

Back