Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,617 comments
elton_john_pnau_good_morning_to_night.jpg

12"

I recently ordered these.

Monoprice 8323.

monoprice-108323-premium-headphones.jpg

They have 4.7 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon and are only $33 so I can't refuse buying them. They have a fold-able frame, 90 degree turning direction in nearly all axis, and above all, they have a 35mm jack so that I can remove the cord and replace it if I ever need. These are basically ATH M50's without the name and a few things. Also, they have 50mm drivers.

I'm supposed to be getting them on the 24th. Come on Amazon, be nice.

When you buy a bunch of old-timey cameras and use them, does it turn everything you take a picture of into an old-timey equivalent like on cartoons?
Actually, to a degree yes.

I really like that photo for some reason :drool:

Definitely re frame it, that frame looks disgusting

The current frame kills the shot completely. I want to find a simple squared off black one or something to make it look more badass.

Wrong thread^

Today I got some R/C stuff
Schumacher Yellow Block Rears + Flexlite wheels/inserts
SchumacherBlockTire.jpg

schu4103_1.jpg

Perception Pescador 12 kayak and a Carlisle Magic Plus fiberglass shaft paddle. Gonna be a long 7-14 business days and even longer until it's warm enough to get on the water.

10139168.jpg

10083807.jpg

Coffee-Crisp-Wrapper-Small.jpg

3021267030_1f9e0d0fd1.jpg

Canada was awesome, now on to Seattle, the spiritual home of the Dooblewasur.

what idiot doesn't sell these in the US

Forgot to add these as well

Poundworld-Mini-Desktop-Storage-Drawers.jpg

I bought three of them, one large and two in the size you see above, all in black. Does exactly the same job as this but costs £3 and not £80. And it looks better too IMO (will add pics later).

Well the 3.5mm jack broke on my RHA headphones so I took a trip into town and picked up some Bowers & Wilkins C5 headphones.

C5_overview_fullscreen_image_01.jpg

Well the 3.5mm jack broke on my RHA headphones so I took a trip into town and picked up some Bowers & Wilkins C5 headphones.

Nice 👍, I haven't heard them but if they are up there with the quality of their speakers they will do the job for sure.

For me, an essential purchase really as my current machine is about to die and is spraying steam from places it shouldn't. Can't complain though it lasted and served me well.

3_702.jpg

Long sleeve cycling jersey for the mornings when it's not quite warm enough for short sleeves but not cold enough for full thermal jacket and whatnot.

BLA.jpg

^ First impressions, how does the sound quality of these compare to the RHA's they replaced...?

Nice 👍, I haven't heard them but if they are up there with the quality of their speakers they will do the job for sure.

So far so good. The design is a bit of a departure from the norm, but once in the ear they are quite comfy.

Sound wise there is some good and some bad. The bad isn't really the phones fault, they just show up poor quality recordings and bad encodes. Feed then some quality and they shine. I'll also agree with other reviews and concede they are bass hungry and given a heavy bass track they thunder, but this can be at the expense of the mids and highs.

The good is that when they shine they can be so natural it's quite freaky. Also the built in volume control and mic are nice to have and work as advertised, I've yet to speak in the phone with the mic so I don't know how clear it will be.

Overall I like them but I think that the RHA are great compared to the price. £40 for the RHA vs £150 for the B&W, I defiantly think if RHA charges £80-£100 for thier phones they would be worth it.

For me, an essential purchase really as my current machine is about to die

Nice, no pod machine then :P.

Sprite
I'll add them to the list of one's I am still humming and haa'ing over - I hadn't heard of them prior to your post, so looks like I still have a few reviews to set about reading.

I'll add them to the list of one's I am still humming and haa'ing over - I hadn't heard of them prior to your post, so looks like I still have a few reviews to set about reading.

Giles also has a pair too, he has had them for some time and really likes them.

Sound wise there is some good and some bad. The bad isn't really the phones fault, they just show up poor quality recordings and bad encodes.

That's a good thing isn't it?
Which reminds me, I ordered this a couple of days ago and it should arrive any time now.

Dark Side Of The Moon hybrid SACD.
slogo1.jpg

Nice, no pod machine then :P.

Heathen. :P

Shaun, it's a great thing but it's a curse, as now some CDs I have ripped in the past (when storage was an issue) the MP3s are poor, I need to re-rip to lossless now I have the space. It's more a matter of time. To be honest I've always know they were poor quality but now I listen to more music on the way to work and home again it's become a priority.

DSOTM is one of the best albums in the world. I need the SACD of it though. The mix I have on blu-ray isn't quite the same sound. I would also love to get some Alison Krauss and Rumours.

Last edited:
Sprite
Shaun, it's a great thing but it's a curse, as now some CDs I have ripped in the past (when storage was an issue) the MP3s are poor, I need to re-rip to lossless now I have the space.

Yeah I hear you.
Only time I rip to mp3 is for mixed cd's in the car otherwise it's always flac using EAC.

Back