Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,617 comments
Bought me an HP ProBook 4530s, used, for US$400:

284513,xcitefun-hp-probook-4530s-3.jpg

Retail value, apparently, is about around US$729. Has an Intel Core i3, and runs on Windows 7. Pretty neat, eh?

New keyboard, Zalman ZM K300M
ZM-K300M_b_01%5B1%5D.jpg

Element case for my S3
element-case-galaxy-s3.jpg

Playstation 4, Killzone and BF4 bundle
killzone-bundle-610x400.jpg

Cosair 16gb usb 3.0
l_14670692.jpg

Ceberus Anti theft for my Samsung S3
FW-8nz0bdPshPToLU21XTgoxQLybn4P9RNg8wnHyW3BMs9DTkqjLNnv8IC2NkVdTi_SV=w300

$(KGrHqVHJEIFDzo7(iiSBRCnr0W2Gg~~60_57.JPG

Wanted a newer TV with some newer features and a bigger screen (and my old 42" Philips had problems with the component hookup), so I picked this up. It lacks the wide variety of connections my old one had, and it doesn't run 240p content natively like it did (and it turns out that the problem with the component hookup on my old TV was just... interference from my old laptop's PSU); but the picture is fantastic and I did get a great deal on it ($130 off compared to what it's going for right now), so it all balanced out I suppose. 3D is pretty nifty too, I guess.

New keyboard, Zalman ZM K300M

Element case for my S3

Playstation 4, Killzone and BF4 bundle
killzone-bundle-610x400.jpg

Cosair 16gb usb 3.0

Ceberus Anti theft for my Samsung S3

Since I don't game anymore and probably aren't up to date, I want to ask a stupid question.

Is the PS4 already available?

Bought me an HP ProBook 4530s, used, for US$400:

I got the exact same one. I didn't want Windows 8, and it was the last one in the store that had Windows 7. Love the fingerprint scanner. Had it about 6 months or so.

Anyhoo, I finally upgraded to a smartphone last night, a new Droid Mini:

gsmarena_005.jpg

Since I don't game anymore and probably aren't up to date, I want to ask a stupid question.

Is the PS4 already available?

Comes out 29th for Europe, ordered a little late so won't be getting it on release day.

I bought a set of new tires for the Mazda 6 today.

mi_primacy_mxv4_ci2_l.jpg

*Pearl Jam Ten*

Excellence purchase. I love that album, though I've never had the chance to listen to the remastered vinyl anniversary release.

So it turns out that after a month of attempting to get used to it, the lack of multimedia controls on my new laptop are still irreconcilable. So:

1_7.jpg

I always loved these, but I never really had a reason to get one until now. Especially when it was only $40.

Last edited:
Just placed an order for a Zlatan jersey at the new soccer store down the road. The only place I could find online to buy one was directly from PSG and that would have been $140 or thereabouts. The owner had a plain PSG jersey in stock and said he'd press the name on for $10, so I got it for $100. I've only bought cheaper stuff from this store, so I really hope he does a good pressing job. It'll kinda ruin it if the name looks bad.

Bought three Phobya 120mmx20mm thermal pads for $18 w/shipping. I ordered one of each thickness types(0.5mm,1mm, and 1.5mm) as I do not know how thick the pads are in my laptop.

I always go with perfume and dye free. Mine just smells like whatever it's made from, usually aloe.

5LTT8SO.png

Because I could really do with USB 3.0 compatibility when backing up files. It's only 160GB, but I don't need anything bigger right now. So long as it stores more than the USB sticks I have, I'm all good. Not bad for under £30.

Bought a pair of Harmon-Kardon CN-04N567-48220 speakers and a magnet armband(Christmas gift to father). The speakers have a loose connection in the jack and in one of the speakers themselves. Considering either taking it apart and replacing the jack or returning it to the thrift store or exchanging them for a Boston pair of speakers that they got there.

B0000A5BXT.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

12"

St_Elsewhere_Cover_Art.JPG

CD

When-China-Rules-the-World-9781594201851.jpg

Soft cover

!B8GJ!y!BGk~$(KGrHqN,!hMEyroEFryHBM2EoYgdlg~~_35.JPG

Hardback missing jacket

Bought the books for CA$1 because I was getting my US$ Canadianified and there was a books for charity table, and my total CAD was $101, so I made that more even.

UVraJe8.jpg

Lutron Maestro IR Digital Dimmer for the theater room, controlled by the Logitech Harmony Hub.

How many implements of mass dimmation can be controlled with one Logitech Harmony Hub?
The Hub can control up to 8 devices (the Ultimate Hub can do 15). The problem, and I'm just guessing here, is that I doubt it can differentiate between them as the IR signal is almost assuredly the same so all of the lights will turn on and off at the same time. In theory.

Latest Posts

Back