Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
Jay
Nice one, how's the phone going for you? I just ordered one myself looks like a great phone.
It's fantastic. I've always been a fan of LG's lack of pre-loaded software to weigh the phone down, and there are loads of little features throughout the thing that you discover over time. And this one being on a "software diet" feels about as close as can be to a purely Android experience without buying a Nexus, and all of the LG extras can be turned off or ignored, but none of them are intrusive(see: Samsung's battery devouring default features), so there's not really any reason not to give them a try.The case I just bought for it* feels really solid, too, if you're going to be looking for one. I'm loving the case options I have open as opposed to the limit and fairly ugly options I had with the Z1S.

*The case I bought being this:
7251018cv6a.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

The kickstand is one of the few that feels really solid on a phone case.

Even though I don't normally buy anything on DVD anymore, only the last few seasons are available on Blu-ray, so I grabbed the box set...

Smallville_zps52778b27.jpg

62-discs of Superman goodness!

My Purchases with in the last week.

A Karcher K2.100 Pressure washer for $88
5384c38545e048dca71565c883c8cf9b.jpg

A water Inlet filter for $19
filtro-ingresso-acqua-tipo-karcher-small-cdr-7247.jpg

A Karcher Dirt Blaster Lance for $51
karcher-dirtblaster-lance-for-series-1-4.jpg

A Snowfoam lance for $99
foam-lance-pa.jpg

Autobrite Magifoam for $16
tzsghuw2.JPG

As well as a 10m extension cable, plug protection box, a new hose for the tap i will be using.

Apart from car washing and the like. Cleaning stuff in the garden with a pressure washer is like an addiction.

I know.

I first started with the normal lance you get.
Started to clean the driveway which was dark gray and was a originally a light blueish color and thought this is taking too long, went out and got the dirt blaster, made it much easier.
Done 90% of the driveway.

Last edited:
I actually saw one of these in person. Gorgeous, gorgeous display.

Would've waited for the Nexus 8 though.
I don't like the bloated Samsung software, but I like the One True Android Google hardware/software package even less. Seeing one in person is what made me take the plunge, because I was hoping that I would hate it but omg I didn't. The demo one Best Buy had even had a feature that my Sony used to have that I really liked before it was removed following the 4.3 rollout.

I don't like the bloated Samsung software, but I like the One True Android Google hardware/software package even less. Seeing one in person is what made me take the plunge, because I was hoping that I would hate it but omg I didn't. The demo one Best Buy had even had a feature that my Sony used to have that I really liked before it was removed following the 4.3 rollout.

Generally, the reason why people like the Nexus line is because it updates quickly when Google sends the updates out. I like the bare bones feeling of stock Android, It's all personal preference. That Samsung is a banger though.

Is it the Note or Tab?

I have the tab pro, and almost regret not getting the note because I really love the S Pen features, but the Tab doesn't support fine tip stylus.

It's a Tab. Stylus just seemed like a thing I would lose or break wotj little real gain, since my handwriting is atrocious and artistic talent nonexistent.

Generally, the reason why people like the Nexus line is because it updates quickly when Google sends the updates out. I like the bare bones feeling of stock Android, It's all personal preference. That Samsung is a banger though.
I need external storage, though. I really don't like bloat, and I'm aware that Samsung is one of the worst at updating their stuff; but my experience with the Sony with each successive update hasn't been too great, really. Features removed, built in software made more annoying, battery life decreased because of the two things, more internal space used up, occasional new performance hiccups, etc. I'm not really a fan of how little improved the Z2 was over the Z either (especially how it is still too expensive), so when I started hitting the space warning messages I started looking around for a 32GB model of something and since Sony wasn't on the cards that essentially left Samsung. The Sony wasn't as bloated as the Samsung seems to be; but I was able to turn most of the Sony stuff I didn't want off anyway, so I should be able to ignore it on the Samsung.

I need external storage.

That is probably the most frustrating thing about the new generation Nexus/products from Google. I'm only so inclined to get a Nexus 7 because of the fact that it's so tiny and like I said the updates. Google only removed the external storage to justify the prices of the 16gb - 32gb - 64gb upgrade prices.. sucks but I guess people can use Google Drive... ugh.

We'll she'll do a little paint touch up here and there but for the most part there won't be a lot of changes. I'm really anxious to get things put back together.

I forgot how much I hate doing trim.....

208639a.jpg

Decided to buy a flanel, since temperatures are now slowly dropping here in Germany and I just wanted to prepare myself for the coming autumn :D

I always have a terrible time dealing with winter depression. Well my brother came up with a killer idea for me to get some INSIDE plants. I have hundreds of outside plants and flowers but no inside plants at home or in my office at work. So far he was right, it really does boost the moral along with adding color and life to the office and home. So I am going to start with these for now and see how it goes. I will add more for sure. :)
2 Orchids (1 at home 1 at the office)
3 cactus (2 at home 1 at the office)

Also a couple Mums for outside.

IMG_20140814_180125.jpg

Last edited:
Back