Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,676 comments
Tell me if it is surviving from normal usage, I'm planning to buy an iPhone 6 at the end of this month

My iPhone 6 + has been in my pocket every day for the last two weeks to and from work and also while I'm at my desk. Granted it's been an Apple case but not so much as any worry of it bending. So far I'm loving it.

I think the bending thing is way out or proportion starts by people who don't look after their stuff and kept up by the Internet trolls.

s32_03_01.png

Nikon Coolpix S32 ready for the holiday, I plan on using it a lot at Discovery Cove to get underwater photos :D

I haven't posted my Petit LeMans stuff yet.

Free Corvette Racing shirt.

image.jpg

Purchased Classic Speed 1970 Porsche 917 Shirt

Front
image.jpg

Back

image.jpg

Purchased Audi R18 shirt

Front

image.jpg

Back

image.jpg

And I got my signed, limited edition hardcover of Scott Sigler's The Champion.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Which came with a free eBook version as well.

image.jpg

I have a rather unnormal interest in vintage programs which bleeds into vintage car magazines.
2014-10-09 00.22.10.png

The first one has a road test with the W196 :D

I don't think I've ever bought two pairs of shoes within a month:

21466%20Converse%20Chuck%20Taylor%20All%20Star%20Matte%20Bac%20etzky2091%20BMRTM2091_3_LRG.jpg

Coated canvas with a heel zipper: why have I not had shoes like this before? No more untying for this lazy guy.

31_26031691_10114_6.jpg

Because I needed something that wasn't another pair of sneakers.

Gonna have to figure out how to display them. I was told by the dealer I could hang them on a wall, but these are far too heavy to just "hang". The dealer had a huge display for these parts to support them. :dunce:

Gonna have to figure out how to display them. I was told by the dealer I could hang them on a wall, but these are far too heavy to just "hang". The dealer had a huge display for these parts to support them. :dunce:
You couldn't hang them from the top with two supports on the bottom? Forming a triangle, of course...

What material are they made of? Never seen those things before.
They're made of the same material the real wheels are made of. The Maserati wheel actually came off a car that had over torqued them. The other one is a wheel Ferrari cut for display purposes.
You couldn't hang them from the top with two supports on the bottom? Forming a triangle, of course...
That may be what I'll have to do. I just need to find something strong enough to do it. These are surprisingly anything but light for being cut in half.
@McLaren if there's some way to mount them with lugs and lug nuts that would look pretty rad.
The guy actually said that was something I could do, specifically with the lug nuts he included, but I have no idea how; they don't pertrude far out enough to go into the wall.

@McLaren Build a metal "Hub" bracket that you can mount to your wall studs for each one and put the bolts through that and tighten up the lugs. I'm sure it's harder than I make it sound...but I know it would look pretty BA. Think something like a TV mount.

How much do they weigh?

@McLaren Build a metal "Hub" bracket that you can mount to your wall studs for each one and put the bolts through that and tighten up the lugs. I'm sure it's harder than I make it sound...but I know it would look pretty BA. Think something like a TV mount.

How much do they weigh?
Probably somewhere between 20-30lbs? They're not heavy enough to need to 2 hands, but they definitely have enough weight to need adequate support on a wall.

Probably somewhere between 20-30lbs? They're not heavy enough to need to 2 hands, but they definitely have enough weight to need adequate support on a wall.
yeah definitely. Well when you get them up on the wall post some pics.

And I just ordered some new in - ear headphones because my Sennheiser CX 300 decided to die on. Bought the Superlux HD381F. Been overwhelmed by their headphones and (supposedly) they sound just as good as some 200+ $ in ear from Shure, UltimateEars and Westone, and all of that for about 30$, we'll see about that.

294464.jpg

Back