Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,676 comments
localize_wht_01.jpg

Cause I need more TMM Merch.

I'm a huge Classic Game Room fan so when Mark started his Kickstarter campaign to get his comic book, Lord Karnage, off the ground I had to back it. I dropped $100 a few months ago and everything finally showed up today! Here is everything it came with.

Lord Karnage Shirt

Limited Edition prints, signed by Mark.

And of course the book itself.

Inside cover signed by Mark.

Everything that was in the box.

I also backed his other Kickstarter project, The Best of Classic Game Room on Blu Ray. I went for the Laser Disc edition, I can't wait for that to show up.

Picked up some vinyl

And my first ever gaming headset so when I'm ready for the raids on Destiny then I'm all set to hit it.

Man! You are on top of the Warp/Ninja Tune releases when it comes to vinyls. Check out Dorian Concept's new album (Ninja Tune).

Inb4 you purchase the Flashlight EP on vinyl :lol:.

Genie garage door opener. Mine fried last year with the brutal winter so finally had a chance to install this. Also some CFL lights. I have now officially converted all my house and yard lights to CFL and LED. No more halogen. 👍

IMG_20141018_161305.jpg

IMG_20141018_170035.jpg
Untitled.png

Did you put CFL's in the garage door opener? I had heard they can interfere with the signal or possibly damage the opener.
Yes. I didn't see anything in the instructions that indicated they would damage the opener or interfere. So far its working perfectly but if I have any issues I will keep it in mind. The bulbs I put in the opener are actually 75 watts. These 100w bulbs are for the garage itself.

Yes. I didn't see anything in the instructions that indicated they would damage the opener or interfere. So far its working perfectly but if I have any issues I will keep it in mind. The bulbs I put in the opener are actually 75 watts. These 100w bulbs are for the garage itself.

Ah ok. I remember reading that, but I don't know if that was a rumor or just something that was true when CFL's first came out.

Did you put CFL's in the garage door opener? I had heard they can interfere with the signal or possibly damage the opener.
Yes. I didn't see anything in the instructions that indicated they would damage the opener or interfere.
I haven't heard about CFLs causing interference but I was reading two weeks ago that LEDS can. I haven't had any issues with the ones I installed, though.

I opted for the LED over CFL because the CFLs are terrible in cold environments like garages (assuming you don't have a heater).

TB
I haven't heard about CFLs causing interference but I was reading two weeks ago that LEDS can. I haven't had any issues with the ones I installed, though.

I opted for the LED over CFL because the CFLs are terrible in cold environments like garages (assuming you don't have a heater).
All 35 of my yard lights are LED. All my house and garage lights are CFL. And you bring up a VERY good point about CFL. They truly suck in the cold. I am seeing that instantly because it has been about 33f the last couple mornings. So I might swap out the garage lights from CFL to LED. I will just keep in mind the LED might cause interference.

What LED lights did you get for the garage?

This reminds me. I have also converted all the lights in my 69 Camaro to LED. :)

TB
I'll have to look at the brand when I get home but I want to say it was Feit Electric? It was in a three pack, 60w equivalent from Costco.

Edit: Yes, it was Feit. Link added.
For once you didn't buy the Monoprice product. I'm kind of surprised.

Anyway, my new purchases.

Deadpool video game. It was $3.50.

image.jpg

And a portable disc golf goal for home use. Why go to the crowded noisy park when I can stay home?

It's the Innova DISCatcher that runs about $200 on Amazon. I'm contemplating adding a second set of chains on the inside.

image.jpg

For once you didn't buy the Monoprice product. I'm kind of surprised.
I was walking through Costco when I remembered needing lights for the garage door opener. Made sense to just grab them. :)

And $3.50? Nice! Let me know how it is, if you will. I haven't picked that one up yet.

TB
And $3.50? Nice! Let me know how it is, if you will. I haven't picked that one up yet.
It was $3.50 from Gamefly because I had two $5 coupons, plus my member's 10% discount and free shipping. It's normally $14.99 used.

I've heard it is fairly generic with repetitive one liners, but at $3.50 I decided to grab it.

Basically like this but with Rose Quartz instead of Lapis. It's a necklace that a close friend pointed out to me and I had to get it:)
il_570xN.610656666_lx5t.jpg

Back