Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,676 comments
image1xxl.jpg

The internet :sly:
Be prepared to pay around $80 USD though, as Sparks have gotten expensive -__-

They are that expensive in USA!? I can get them here in Portugal for €48 (arround $60) A friend of mine has a diecast shop and sell them cheaper to me...

I had to get it in yellow anyway, since that is what color my AUTOart 1/43 Carrera GT is :P

👍

And I just bought Windows 8.1.... for free.
Oh, how I love being a college student :lol:

Win81pro-oem_BigProductImage.jpg
No, no, no, no, ..... no!

When you buy something, you actually have to spend money. Getting Windows 8.1 for free is not buying, so you can't show off something you didn't purchase. :D

:P

Minolta 100-200mm with constant f4.5; 'gets good reviews - how wrong can one go for $60 👍

100200ftfn.jpg

You put some pressure on me. But I made it to cross these two lenses off my list. Expecting them at the end of this week.

Minolta AF xi 28-105 mm f/3.5-4.5
Minolta AF 28-105 mm xi f3.5-4.5.JPG

Minolta AF 100-200 mm f/4.5 AF
Minolta AF 100-200 mm f4.5 AF Objektiv.JPG

Both in very good, used condition. Both for around 80 Euro. I couldn`t resist.

Just picked up this today. My first ever Call of Duty on any console (as i've always been a PC gamer). Only reason why I got it was because some friends are playing it, and it was cheap. 399 NOK whereas normal price is 599/649 NOK.

Or for you others out there, 47 EURO compared to 70 EURO normal price.
6389179.png

In a previous post I purchased CFL bulbs for my garage. Found out they don't work well in the cold so I took @TB advice and purchased some LED bulbs instead. I was also discussing this with @Adamgp

These work extremely well. BUT you have to make sure you get the bulbs that say "Daylight" otherwise they will still have a yellow tint to them. The Daylight bulbs are a very nice clean white light. Now all my outside landscaping lights and garage lights are LED.

2 of the bulbs to the left were not daylights so I need to return them and get the daylights instead.

IMG_20141030_185649.jpg
IMG_20141030_193840.jpg
IMG_20141030_193828.jpg

Last edited:
In a previous post I purchased CFL bulbs for my garage. Found out they don't work well in the cold so I took @TB advice and purchased some LED bulbs instead. I was also discussing this with @Adamgp

These work extremely well. BUT you have to make sure you get the bulbs that say "Daylight" otherwise they will still have a yellow tint to them. The Daylight bulbs are a very nice clean white light. Now all my outside landscaping lights and garage lights are LED.

2 of the bulbs to the left were not daylights so I need to return them and get the daylights instead.

View attachment 249372 View attachment 249373 View attachment 249374

I have also recently changed out all my basement lights with Daylight LED's. Virtually no heat generated and finally white light that I can actually see with. Seems with age, I need more and more light. :(

Been on a bit of a car spending spree. Bought a VW Sport Wagon TDI for my wife. The mileage savings will make the car payment. She was driving a Honda Pilot.

Needing a larger vehicle for hauling, etc, I took the opportunity to acquire a new truck. I haven't had a truck for around 20 years and have always regretted selling mine.

Here's a three generation shot at the dealers just before I took delivery of it. (still waiting on the running boards to get in)
photo.JPG

I have also recently changed out all my basement lights with Daylight LED's. Virtually no heat generated and finally white light that I can actually see with. Seems with age, I need more and more light. :(

Been on a bit of a car spending spree. Bought a VW Sport Wagon TDI for my wife. The mileage savings will make the car payment. She was driving a Honda Pilot.

Needing a larger vehicle for hauling, etc, I took the opportunity to acquire a new truck. I haven't had a truck for around 20 years and have always regretted selling mine.

Here's a three generation shot at the dealers just before I took delivery of it. (still waiting on the running boards to get in)
View attachment 250447
Is that a brand new Ram?

View attachment 250447
Yes all of my house and garage lights are all daylights. Such a nice clean white.

Also congrats on the truck and the 3rd gen shot!! I have always liked Dodge trucks. 👍

Was actually beginning to wonder what happened to you.

Is that a brand new Ram?
Yes it is. 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed tranny. More gadgets than I any truck should have. :)

Yes all of my house and garage lights are all daylights. Such a nice clean white.

Also congrats on the truck and the 3rd gen shot!! I have always liked Dodge trucks. 👍

Was actually beginning to wonder what happened to you.

I love the clean white! I have started replacing all my recessed lighting with them. At 12w consumption vs the 65w blubs and having a much brighter and easier to see environment, the expense has been worth every penny. :)

Yes, it has been a very busy summer. My wife quit her job of 12 years, and was offered a part time job the next day. That part time job later turned into full time work. The owner decided that she could run the business better than he could and made us an offer to buy the business so he could retire. We bought his business that she is running now and he financed the loan. It is doing quite well and has been a huge blessing, but from managing the administrative side of her business, advertising, and building her web presence, I have been very very busy. :-)

Yes it is. 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed tranny. More gadgets than I any truck should have. :)

I love the clean white! I have started replacing all my recessed lighting with them. At 12w consumption vs the 65w blubs and having a much brighter and easier to see environment, the expense has been worth every penny. :)

Yes, it has been a very busy summer. My wife quit her job of 12 years, and was offered a part time job the next day. That part time job later turned into full time work. The owner decided that she could run the business better than he could and made us an offer to buy the business so he could retire. We bought his business that she is running now and he financed the loan. It is doing quite well and has been a huge blessing, but from managing the administrative side of her business, advertising, and building her web presence, I have been very very busy. :-)
Oh wow congrats! As you said it sounds like a blessing in disguise! 👍 Hopefully you were still able to get plenty of time out with the family on the boat this summer too.

Awesome truck! 👍 My dad had been talking about picking up a 3/4 Silverado so that he could get a bigger camper, but in the end, he bought my mom a brand new Chevrolet Traverse instead. Of course, he bought himself a Harley at the beginning of the year, so he really didn't lose on that end. :lol:

Not really a purchase but a donation of $100 to my friends fundraising walk fund. He's been battling Leukemia for the last year and a half and now feeling much better but not clear of his cancer he's trying to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by doing something called Light The Night Walk in Philidelphia.

Dragon_Box_The_Movies_Cover_by_SylentEcho88.jpg
bought it on ebay for $200 and received today. Looks like the seller had never touched it. :)
All DVDs work properly and the image quality is amazingly good, even with an upscale to 1080p.

Back