Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
Not exactly purchased by me, but a purchase nonetheless.

For $269.99 on Amazon.

It's meant to be my Christmas present and I'm honestly super happy to get this.

The quad core/4gb is more than enough for me and I can upgrade the ram if I need to. Gaming isn't something that I do much of anymore, so having a high end gpu is not really needed. When I do my editing and illustrations, I tend to have tons of tabs and programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc, perfect. :D

Quad core for $270?

Quad core for $270?
Yeah, can't really complain..yet. I hope it's a good laptop. The reviews are iffy, but that's mainly because of inexperienced reviewers on Amazon.

4bc3525c503510628770047cc5458ca6.png

This is the CPU on cpuboss.com

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/Intel-Pentium-N3530

021d21e14d91c5bf42387dbdad20e671.png

What's a Christmas loving geek to do?

Get a Merry Charger and a Firefly Serenity ornament.

image.jpg

Merry Charger is a Christmas light lightning cable iPhone charger.

image.jpg

Then there is my 5 3/4 inch long sculpted Firefly ornament. The image I had in my head was much smaller and not as detailed. What I got was a highly detailed, solid ornament that is one of the largest ornaments on my tree. It's also almost too heavy for the (fake) tree limb to hold it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And now my tree is complete. Deal with it @Danny.

And, being the awesome company that they are, they sent me a bonus item.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Wolfskin Jacket.

jack-wolfskin-jas-stenton.jpg

Because it was on sale, and it is still the most expensive jacket I ever owned. ( not including motorcycle gear) :D

64 + 16 master race.
Ew. That's so last year.

There was about a 9 month period starting from mid 2012 where they continuously produced defective batches of 64GB (and to a lesser extent, 32GB) SD cards, particularly exacerbated by Samsung and GoPro devices.
SanDisk's initial response to the problem was to tell people to not believe what they were reading online with the cards and that the individual usage was the issue. After enough backlash happened that a British technology publication questioned them about it, they claimed to found a problem with the manufacturing and to have fixed the problem in March, but they have still been popping all the way through the beginning of this year. My old Tablet Z would occasionally mount and unmount the one I bought in November of last year (the manufacture date of which was August) if you played music off of it and took a picture to it at the same time or something similarly high use, but generally worked without too much fuss. As soon as I started using it on the Tab S, though, it basically started mount/unmounting and corrupting itself every other day; meaning I basically had to just sell the damn thing with the Sony because it was the only device I had that it worked with.

Last edited:
Ha I'm about 1/2 way through my current tube of Proraso.
Even though it will still last a fair while yet I'll start shopping soon as one can't have enough choice on hand.

No need to have to delve into the top notch stuff on a daily basis that way. ;)

300x238_foo.jpg

Tickets for their London gig with Iggy Pop and Royal Blood supporting. At £75 each though it's seriously expensive, but will be worth it.

2013New-Packaging-Super-Bass-Genuine-font-b-SoundMAGIC-b-font-font-b-E10-b-font-Noise.jpg

Sound Magic E10 headphones to replace my Sennheiser earbuds that have broken after a few years of use.

11737-header.jpg

:D

I was lucky enough to get it for £16.08 on Green Man Gaming. It's already down to £20.09 there but I saved a good 46% because of a voucher I had giving me an extra 20% off. :D

Ordered some items online, once I receive them, i"ll share the photos:
3 plushies, 3 shirts

Plushies: Poochyena, Weavile, and a custom made Ninetales

Shirts: "I love Fire Foxes" Pokemon shirt featuring Vulpix and Fennekin, and two football jerseys Zambia national team (i'm sure I'll get it before AFCON 2015) and Uganda national team

edit: ordered another plush, RJ the Raccoon from the movie "Over the Hedge", so now 4 plushes

Forgot to mention, yesterday I bought a Fennekin Pokemon plush at Walmart, and some AA Batteries. Plush in photo, not the batteries.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i420/DennyPacificNW/My Room/Picture381_zps603ec38a.jpg

Last edited:
Their Torpedo Extra IPA is far better, IMO. (If you like hoppy beers.)

[-snip-]

Yeah, a friend of mine actually said the same thing. After reading into it however I decided to go for the Pale Ale as it has similar taste to the Pilsener I drink. If the Pale Ale is a little too mild, then I probably will try out the Torpedo, fortunenately the shop also offers it.

Back