Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
Bought a 470 litre roof box for the Chrysler just before Christmas so we could take the kids presents away with us and they wouldn't see them. Does make the car 2.2 metres (7' 2") tall, so most car parks with height restrictions are a no-go now... as I found out just in time. :scared:

Last edited:
Bought a 470 litre roof box for the Chrysler just before Christmas so we could take the kids presents away with us and they wouldn't see them. Does make the car 2.2 metres (7' 2") tall, so most car parks with height restrictions are a no-go now... as I found out just in time. :scared:
Chrysler? Have missed something? You still have the 997?

He's had the latest generation of Grand Voyager for a few years now. It's only a matter of time before he upgrades to a 7-seater that's cooler than the Porsche. A GL550, perhaps? :dopey:

Yup, @Wiegert's right, this is my more practical family vehicle. And just as confirmation I still have the 997, I bought one of these today to replace the tired Varta battery it had. The lack of use in the winter plus the lower temps have left the current battery a bit sluggish, so following advice on Rennlist, I've decided to upgrade to the Bosch S5.
bosch-s5-008-096-car-battery-stevenage-car-batteries-352-p.jpg

He's had the latest generation of Grand Voyager for a few years now. It's only a matter of time before he upgrades to a 7-seater that's cooler than the Porsche. A GL550, perhaps? :dopey:
No plans to upgrade, I love the Chrysler. OK, not the best made car in the world, but it's bullet proof, huge, practical, has 7.1 surround sound and still has only 28k on the clock after 5 years.

Do like big Mercs though. ;)

Just bought this truck set made by Winross for $8 at an antique shop. I don't know too much about it, but it caught my eye enough to get it instead of a 1:18 Porsche.

IMG_20150110_172801_834.jpg

Whoops, have you got it yet or is it on order?
To be fair it didn't take much to twist your arm. :lol:

It's on order.

To be fair, it was going to be either the Pro or the S, and the S was only about $40 more. Now I just need a decent case for it. :P

To be fair, it was going to be either the Pro or the S, and the S was only about $40 more.

That was my reasoning also at the time. :lol:

Now I just need a decent case for it. :P

I ended up with the official Samsung book case. Although a bit pricey it is quite slim to cut down on bulk and does the job. Do look around though as there are plenty options out there.

I'm quite tempted to get a keyboard/case combo instead so I can type notes easily. Would make it a bit bulkier though...

Now that I've paid off my :censored:ing student loans (by selling off my original collection), I've saved up some dough to start rebuilding my collection again.

The Holy Grail, 1st Spider-Man
Amazing_Fantasy_15.jpg

1st Venom
The_Amazing_Spider-Man_300.jpg

And a couple raw comics that I'll get graded:

Rare ASM 700 Variant
amazing-spider-man-700-ditko-variant.jpg

1st Spider-Gwen!
Edge_of_Spider-Verse_Vol_1_2_Land_Variant.jpg

One of my favorite covers of all time.
marvel-x-men-issue-25c.jpg

Jerome

Last edited:
@Jump_Ace
You would love the old Mego action figure to the right. Batman is missing his gloves...
$_57.JPG

Daimler Chrysler Swatch. Back in the days when Mercedes-Benz (Daimler) and Chrysler became one company.
$_57.JPG

KION Swatch, when Linde spun out the forklift division and it became together with Still and OM a new company.
$_57.JPG

GUHL (old, still existing shampoo brand founded by Gustav Guhl) is a formerly Swiss company, was a few years under Beiersdorf AG and is now owned by Kao Corporation. This watch is one of the first company Swatch watches. The GUHL logo is just embossed in the lower strap.
The watch is the 1985 Yamaha Racer, even without the logo strap a highly sought after Swatch.
$_57.JPG

The 1993 Xmas Swatch Special "Roi Soleil"
$_57.JPG

Next PS4 game for little money.
$_57.JPG

The Holy Grail, 1st Spider-Man
Amazing_Fantasy_15.jpg

600x330px-LL-69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Rest of the stuff isn't half bad either, specially the Venom, but dude that one is so hardcore. How much? :scared:

PS - yeah I also love that Fatal Attractions issue, still have mine. How much, that one? I'm about clueless with comic prices now.

600x330px-LL-69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Rest of the stuff isn't half bad either, specially the Venom, but dude that one is so hardcore. How much? :scared:

PS - yeah I also love that Fatal Attractions issue, still have mine. How much, that one? I'm about clueless with comic prices now.

AF15 has taken off like crazy in the last 5 years thanks to the new movies. When I bought my first AF15 and got Stan Lee's sig on it, I got a 50%+ profit margin.

But nowadays, his sig is on EVERYTHING so it's lost it's rarity appeal. The price is rather high, let's just say that I had to pay nearly double the price of my old comic.

The X-Men 25 goes for around $100 if it's in NM+ or MT condition for the gold and b/w variants. The regular editions, not too much maybe $5-$10-ish in NM+ or MT condition.

Jerome

Back