Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,680 comments
@Joey D Looks like a great product. If I had known about those back when I was off roading, I would have bought a set for sure just for emergencies if nothing was around. I always had a come along, a high lift jack, and a chain fall. But out in the middle of nowhere, these would be really nice. Especially Silver Lake.

This is my recent purchase for microwaving bacon. 1 minute per piece of bacon. Worked very well.

IMG_20150924_180333.jpg

Last edited:
Piston rings!

Yeah, probably. I'm just going to take it apart and see which parts needs to be replaced. There are lots of rotten Swifts out there on the junkyards, so I figure it won't be hard to find engine parts.

It looks like it was well taken care of within the outside. The inside?

Steering wheel and drivers' seat are somewhat worn (not unusual at 222.xxx kms), apart from that I'd say the interior isn't too bad.

okna76.jpg

34iqzia.jpg

Had a wonderful time at Manhattan today. Too bad this will be my last trip to The Big Apple up until I'd say 2017-2018. Like all my visits to New York, I always stop by the Nintendo World Store to check out what they have for Pokemon Plushies. And here's what I bought over at NWS today.
image.jpg

A great big Shiny Mega Metagross Plushy.
image.jpg

Kyogre Plushy.
image.jpg

Zorua Plush / PokeDoll.
image.jpg

Flareon Plush.

appleIPONE6plus.png

6s Plus, silver.

My 5s is about to die, it conveniently started dying 3 weeks ago...talk about timing, Apple.
Well my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 is still alive but with reduce battery capacity than I first bought it.

Replacement for the crappy stock line that came with my reel. Also I should mention this line is for use in low light conditions hence the colour.

image.jpg

Surefire X300 Ultra.

Haven't mounted it on my Glock yet since I don't have my duty holster yet, this was just a little test to see what it should look like when it is mounted.

Well a very special delivery arrived today.

DJ Krush - Butterfly Effect Ltd double LP

image.jpeg

And a T-Shirt my fiancée bought for me plus a 16gb Sandisk USB 3.0 drive I bought this evening so I can make an OSX boot disk so I can complete a full format of my MacBook.

image.jpeg

Needed a parang. Walking around the jungle with an axe makes me stand out. Now I can blend in with the locals.

There goes the neighborhood.

In my ever-growing quest of brass instrument acquisition, I picked up a C trumpet. Pictured on the far right next to my other trumpet, cornet and flugelhorn.

That a French horn in there, too? F? Or Eflat? I have a Bflat trumpet myself, and a trombone, but the next piece of brass I want is a bugle. I just want to wake everybody up one day with it.
Plus, I used to play it quite well in college.
A cornet has been a craving for a long time, too.

Too many purchases to go into - but I thought this might be interesting enough for a look:

IMG_7538_zpstzo179m3.jpg

There goes the neighborhood.

That was just the start - I've dumped the crappy handle in favour of a paracord wrap and built a sheath from coroplast and tape.

IMG_1084.JPG

And my purchases today were a new fishing pole, reel and line which cost far more than I planned to spend as I only went in to the shop for some lures. Some duct tape and paracord for the parang mods.
IMG_1083.JPG

Edit: After talking with my father, who's grandfather served with the Gurkah of Nepal I'm told this is a Kukri blade, not a parang. The Parang hails from Malaysia while this blade is from Nepal / Pakistan region. I also got some great stories about the blades history but this isn't the thread for those.

Last edited:
That a French horn in there, too? F? Or Eflat? I have a Bflat trumpet myself, and a trombone, but the next piece of brass I want is a bugle. I just want to wake everybody up one day with it.
Plus, I used to play it quite well in college.
A cornet has been a craving for a long time, too.

Yep, that's a double French horn (F and B flat) on the left. My alto trombone is peeking into the top right. Not pictured are my 2 tenor trombones, bass trombone, euphonium, mellophonium, and frumpet. The only reason I can afford all of them is because I get a lot of them for ridiculously cheap on eBay, but bass and tenor trombone are how I make most of my living.

Back