Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
20160529_142103.jpg

Found the Steelcase at Costco for $10.

Not exactly recent purchases but we don't have an all-purpose General Hobbies or General Collectors thread, do we?

My slightly unorganised money collection is coming along nicely. The red book has all the banknotes in it apart from the Austro-Hungarian ones you can see and the black book underneath the laden bags contain mainly pre-decimal British money.

Things you can make out:

2002 United Kingdom Euro prototype set.
1993 Slovak crown proof set.
United Kingdom £20 silver coin.
Greek drachma set.
1883 British crown.
Canadian silver maple leaf ($5 face value).

The bags have loads of stuff in it mainly from Britain and the rest of Europe.

13315519_10154054556851131_6199348601606336966_n.jpg

71lYTxYjXHL._SL1500_.jpg

A VGA Splitter for the double racing rig.

20160511_174624.jpg
20160511_185232.jpg
There is a computer setting underneath in the center. So I also bought this...
819I0QBsMgL._SL1500_.jpg

I think Netbooks have now morphed into Ultrabooks. Ahh Netbooks.. 2007, takes me back.

I thought netbooks were like tablets with a keyboard, an underpowered laptop, if you like, that was only adequate enough to browse the net and do less intense work.

I consider my thingy a netbook because although it runs Windows it's far from the size or spec of a proper work laptop.

41fnx1%2BGwnL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have my panic attacks pretty much under control after the meds and some counselling, but every now and then the anxiety sticks its ugly head around the corner. Seeing that there was once a time in my life that those words didn't even exist in my vocabulary I figured I could need a bit of help to get that last bit of crap out. Meds are out of the question, therapy can't help me further. This book seems to have helped a lot of people so why not.

I feel shamefully because most of the stuff I post here were about video games.

And on video games, I have bought this:
٢٠١٦٠٦٠٦_٢٣٣٨٣٠.jpg

Since i've been hearing rumors about a new sequel and that plenty enjoyed this one so I decided to pick it up for around 9 US dollars because it was the cheapest one I have found over here.

And also I have bought Vice City on Steam.

I feel shamefully because most of the stuff I post here were about video games.

And on video games, I have bought this:
View attachment 555687
Since i've been hearing rumors about a new sequel and that plenty enjoyed this one so I decided to pick it up for around 9 US dollars because it was the cheapest one I have found over here.

And also I have bought Vice City on Steam.
Not a bad choice, though I never completed the full game. The controls will probably be the hardest thing to get used to. But if you are familiar with GTA PS3 Era, I bet they will come quickly.

I said it was not a bad choice, but really it was an excellent game. Good story, good missions, and great overall feel.

upload_2016-6-8_12-5-21.png

Honestly, I really don't care about all the organic/vegan/rainbow-unicorn stuff. I just really love the taste of this. And to balance out the healthiness:

upload_2016-6-8_12-17-26.png

Whoops.

I bought both as a little celebratory pat on the back. Finally did my tax return and I'm getting significantly more than expected, so the 21.5" 4K iMac is being spec'd (a year after first mentioning it in this thread). Bumping it up to 16GB RAM, with a 256GB SSD as per @F1GTR's suggestion (I'll be buying an external alongside it). I'm excited. Thanks to @Saidur_Ali and @TheCracker for your input last year as well.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but also looking at getting a supercar experience for my dad for Father's Day. Just shopping around first. Might make more sense for his birthday in August, though.

I found the Season Pass for DC on PSN after some more searching, so I'm grabbing that after I'm done work today. It's all @Brend's fault, of course. :P

View attachment 556238

Honestly, I really don't care about all the organic/vegan/rainbow-unicorn stuff. I just really love the taste of this. And to balance out the healthiness:

View attachment 556241

Whoops.

I bought both as a little celebratory pat on the back. Finally did my tax return and I'm getting significantly more than expected, so the 21.5" 4K iMac is being spec'd (a year after first mentioning it in this thread). Bumping it up to 16GB RAM, with a 256GB SSD as per @F1GTR's suggestion (I'll be buying an external alongside it). I'm excited. Thanks to @Saidur_Ali and @TheCracker for your input last year as well.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but also looking at getting a supercar experience for my dad for Father's Day. Just shopping around first. Might make more sense for his birthday in August, though.

I found the Season Pass for DC on PSN after some more searching, so I'm grabbing that after I'm done work today. It's all @Brend's fault, of course. :P
I didn't do nuffin'! :P

Latest Posts

Back