Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
Necessary purchase to replace a dead one.

T6P47EA_1_classic.jpg

HP 250 G4, i5 6500u, 4gb RAM, 128ssd on Windows 10.

Hopefully it'll do for what I need it for.

Bought my first pair of Red Wings... kind of. They are Irish Setters, which are branded by the Red Wing Shoe Company. Hopefully these will be better than the previous boots I have bought. My others boots were much heavier than these and didn't really support my feet very well.

At the store, I was impressed. Time will only tell if the same goes for work.
IS-83600-1-pdp.jpg
IS-83600-5-pdp.jpg

A set of Continental DW's to replace the Pirellis

I found a bubble on the sidewall of one of the tires. The rest of the tires weren't looking in too good of a shape either, and they were a bit loud. Too much F1 technology transfer? :sly:

thumb.jpg

Technically not a 'purchase' but my Girlfriend got me all these GT goodies today for my birthday.

13413069_10208396556864208_867245518366675058_n.jpg
I need to get me those Hot Wheels. 2 of each. So can play with some, and keep the others closed of course.

I'm so torn on opening them or not. :(
It would be punny if you were torn about them being opened...

More seriously, you should definitely get another set if you plan to open them.

I probably wouldn't open everyone of them, so I would only buy a duplicate of the ones I would like to open.

My current cycling shoes while still perfectly functional are starting to look a bit battered and bruised especially after being caught in some heavy rain at times.
Replaced with these.

Giro Empire's.

giro-empire-acc-road-bike-clipless-cycling-shoes-45-3-bolt-carbon-sole-lace-up-8663be8a23b20e2ab6f9472a5dcd6c64.jpg

Old shoes will be kept for wet weather duty while the new Giro's will be worn at other times.

I'm getting sick of paying up to €50 to have a car diagnosed at the dealers so

icarsoft_cr_plus_professioneel.jpg

I bought one myself. An iCarsoft CR Plus Professional.

All obd protocols, Transmissions, ABS, Airbag, Electronic parking brakes and Steering systems are now serviceable by me.

I'm getting sick of paying up to €50 to have a car diagnosed at the dealers so

icarsoft_cr_plus_professioneel.jpg

I bought one myself. An iCarsoft CR Plus Professional.

All obd protocols, Transmissions, ABS, Airbag, Electronic parking brakes and Steering systems are now serviceable by me.
Don't suppose this thing can change codes on 997s? I've had the useless CD changer removed in mine but now I get an error message every time I start up. It goes off and isn't much of an issue, but the dealer can turn it off completely. Trouble is they want £150 for essentially a 5 minute job. :grumpy:

Don't suppose this thing can change codes on 997s? I've had the useless CD changer removed in mine but now I get an error message every time I start up. It goes off and isn't much of an issue, but the dealer can turn it off completely. Trouble is they want £150 for essentially a 5 minute job. :grumpy:

Since you're driving a glorified VW I suppose I could do that for you.

Ah ha. I've ignored your ridiculous joke (for that is what it is!) and ordered one of these. That's half the price of the dealership doing it for me and I'll be able to screw up the car good and proper all on my own! :dopey:
Hopefully their product is better than their web-designer:

Most Porsches made since 1990 have multiple computers built into the car that are capable of self-diagnosis. This way the car knows if there is somethign wrong and illiminates a general indicator light on the instrument panel to notify you.

Porsche dealers charge £120+ just to plug a diagnsotic computer and read/diagnose a fault. With this cable you can simply do it yourself saving you £££'s.

51-30lhlYlL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Bought this book today. It could almost have been designed with me in mind, I mean even the cars on the front and back (Bel Air and MC12 respectively) are some of my favourites. Only goes up to 2012 but there isn't too much I've really loved since then so I'm fine with that. Apart from wishing they'd put in more Evos and one big personal miss, they've got a solid list here.

9781409164739.jpg

Been wanting this for a while, although such is my busy-ness now and potentially in the future that it might end up turning into a holiday read instead.

51jzQ3-BKCL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This one's coming to me tomorrow. Still the sexiest of F1 cars.

Dirt_rally_cover_art.jpg

I'm just ready to try this thing right now, having been eyeing it up since it hit the Xbox One. I'll be back to give my view on it...and having seen something else when buying it, another game might be joining it shortly. Stay tuned on that one...

Picked up/ordered some stuff for a DIY project next weekend:

Insignia 5 cu/ft chest freezer:

Digital temperature controller:

Cable connectors:

All I need now is a ~6-8ft 16ga grounded extension cord in black, you would think that would be easy to find, but apparently not.

EDIT: Found an extension cord that would work at Home Depot, so add that to the list above.

Last edited:
Back