Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,674 comments
@SlipZtrEm Beware of low GPU power though, however does at least have Intel's best one on desktop. Get the feeling they will have a refresh soon with Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake CPUs and AMD Polaris GPUs.

@SlipZtrEm Beware of low GPU power though, however does at least have Intel's best one on desktop. Get the feeling they will have a refresh soon with Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake CPUs and AMD Polaris GPUs.

Yeah, I was looking at that, but I figure if I keep waiting for something better, I'll never own anything!

It should be more than enough for work, from what I can tell. In terms of video editing, I do very minor stuff (the GTP videos were my crash course), and currently, my phone can handle those better than the laptop I'm on. :lol:

The pickup will be a makeshift flatbed for this summer, and since the original lights won't fit I have to create something!

Bought 4 of these:

mistlamp.jpg

Those will function as 2 running lights and 2 brake/signal.

And bought 2 of these:

achteruitrijlamp.jpg

Backup lights.

Now all I need is a bunch of red reflectors and the pickup is legal enough to drive again.

The pickup will be a makeshift flatbed for this summer, and since the original lights won't fit I have to create something!

Bought 4 of these:

mistlamp.jpg

Those will function as 2 running lights and 2 brake/signal.

And bought 2 of these:

View attachment 556324

Backup lights.

Now all I need is a bunch of red reflectors and the pickup is legal enough to drive again.
Not sure if it is your preferences/legallality, but I do not think reverse lights are required if you don't care about. Although, they are nice for a little light at night.

Not sure if it is your preferences/legallality, but I do not think reverse lights are required if you don't care about. Although, they are nice for a little light at night.

They indeed aren't required here, that starts in 1996. But they only cost me treefiddy a piece so...

New lens! Voigtländer Nokton 40mm F/1.4 M.C. Recommended to me by @Azuremen and @35mm.
IMG_9914.JPG

Terrible picture but whatever, I've been waiting nearly a month for this adapter to arrive while the lens itself sat on my desk, taunting me. I bought the lens itself used for about $100 less than a new one, plus it came with the hood (Normally a $60 extra :yuck:).

New lens! Voigtländer Nokton 40mm F/1.4 M.C. Recommended to me by @Azuremen and @35mm.
View attachment 556591

Terrible picture but whatever, I've been waiting nearly a month for this adapter to arrive while the lens itself sat on my desk, taunting me. I bought the lens itself used for about $100 less than a new one, plus it came with the hood (Normally a $60 extra :yuck:).
Welcome to the club! :cheers:

Mine also came with a hood, but I put it up for sale straight away. :D

View attachment 556591

Welcome to team A7-Nokton :lol:

So, guys, when we gonna get cool form sigs and be a club? :P Though I'm, apparently, the only one not rocking a close focus adapter setup still.

Anyhow, curious to see what you think of the lens now that you can use it. I've still got my hood but rarely use it... though may bring it a festival next week to help with all the absurd stray light sources.

Mine also came with a hood, but I put it up for sale straight away. :D
It just gets in the way, really. But it looks so nice I'm going to keep it on anyway.
Welcome to team A7-Nokton :lol:

So, guys, when we gonna get cool form sigs and be a club? :P
I say we all get the word "Nokton" tattooed, preferably somewhere really visible, like the forehead.

I have a bag of Tri-x sitting in the fridge and no real desire to use my Bessa. Solution - breathe some life into my M42 lenses via a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F. Comes with a SMC Takumar 28/3.5 too.

spotty_zpsq5r72zgc.jpg

I recently took a photo of my Asahi Pentax S3 for Instagram. Such a nice camera to hold. No wonder SLRs took design queues from it for years.

image.jpeg

@Sprite By all accounts that sort of generation of Pentax is the M42 SLR to get. I considered some Fujica's but they have weird shutter speeds (1/700..?) and seem to have lesser build quality. Same with Chinon. Looking forward to this though and using my Jupiter-9 in particular :)

@Mike Rotch the older models have issues with some lenses as the mirror gets caught on the back of the lenses. I think by the time the Spotmatic came about this had been fixed, for example I can't use my Super Takumer on it :(

I bought a couple of things this week:

Got it in my local Target on release. I'm a sucker for Disney movies. Wonderful film. Regained my faith in the film industry's creativity.

I bought another thing, but I would get banned for indecency if I tell...

Its almost a work of art by itself 👍

Thanks mate, also a bit of a reward to myself. You know why.

Nice one... And um... Sorry. :D

👍
Forgot how much more personal (so to speak) it is to spin some records in comparison to just pressing a button to stream the music.
Been doing a bit this arvo since setting it up.

So, beside collecting diecast, I decided to start a totally different (and addictive) new area:

• Banpresto Master Stars Edition The Vegeta DBZ

banpresto-dragon-ball-z-master-stars-piece-super-saiyan-vegeta-action-figure-1.jpg

• Banpresto Master Stars The Vegeta DB Super Super Sayan GOD
banpresto-master-stars-piece-vegeta-deus-12-x-sj-japones-548611-MLB20609073237_022016-F.jpg

• Banpresto Piccolo
Piccolo_f.jpg

👍
Forgot how much more personal (so to speak) it is to spin some records in comparison to just pressing a button to stream the music.
Been doing a bit this arvo since setting it up.

I agree. It's more of an event listening to an album. Hope to see you in the Vinyl thread.

Latest Posts

Back