SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back from my trip and gave this a go last night, after no GTP5 for a week or even driving (except an ATV in the jungle), this is quite a challenge. After a few laps of pinball, I did a clean 59 and a suspicious 58.xxx. I will have to give this more attention and see what I can do.

Wow, the Yellowbird guy in 3rd is using Automatic!

Timeattack, how are you so quick? Obviously I don't expect you to give your secrets away but do you play GT a crazy amount and have you played GT1 through to GT5:P? Are you a racing driver in real life? :)

Hey bro...sorry for the late reply. :ouch: Yea I've played pretty much the entire line of GT games. Didn't really get serious with it until GT5P came out though. :) I have a lot of karting experience and time trial racing in my real car, so learning the quickest lines and how to throw the car around is the easy part for me. It's just a matter of controlling the car with the 6-axis of course...which is the frustrating part at times.

Good luck with the Time Trial 👍

Last edited:
So it is slowest in group goes through right? Im gonna be gutted if i dont i got a tough group with time attack and rpm im not sure on the other guy his only time publicly is on standard 2 seconds slower but still dont feel safe gotta keep going faster.

So it is slowest in group goes through right? Im gonna be gutted if i dont i got a tough group with time attack and rpm im not sure on the other guy his only time publicly is on standard 2 seconds slower but still dont feel safe gotta keep going faster.

Hehe...hopefully Varconv doesn't take part in this time trial for your sake :). I have a feeling he may be sandbagging it though, judging by his rather slow online time. You definately got placed in one of the tougher groups though. Varcon actually beat me in the first time trial by a few hundreths, so he should undoubhtedly be pretty quick in this one if he puts forth the effort.

Like RPM, I'm done putting in anymore times online. It would take too much time and effort to beat my previous time...especially when considering I only have to place 3rd or better in my group to advance. Good luck bro 👍

Last edited:
Well im happy with my time i think ill go through but i think ive hat a wall cant get faster im struggling to hook it all up but i know i can.

For a knock out group stage time trial I think compulsory online times might not be a bad idea.

I mean if you see that your about to be relegated from a group your obviously going to go out and push again where as if your complacent you might not.

I know the element of surprise is quite fun that someone could have done a cheeky hot lap offline but as someone said earlier if you compare this to F1 qualifying times aren't hidden there and its quite exciting :)

just my 2p

Anyone still competing in this?

I fear we may have lost interest from a few entrants due to the time trial?

Who knows, they might all be keeping their times hush hush - or waiting until an hour before the deadline haha!

Its a damn shame! I didnt knew there was a sexaxis championship GRRRR:grumpy:! But ill be alert next time! Man would be a fight for those top spots!! be ready for the next one coz im coming trought :)

It's a shame that people are withdrawing and not submitting times, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as Timeattack, RPM, Zetec-SS, villainpl, Gadbury and varconv etc (sorry if I left anmyone out :( ) are still competing, they were going to be the top dogs regardless, so the eventual winner should still feel incredibly proud of thir achievement.

It's just nice to compete against a lot more people 👍

I'm still in by the way, but with Fujiwara Kun's withdrawal I guess I'm through by default, as are Profi and Zetec. It would have been great to see the times those guys produced under pressure. Ah well.

All the best
Maz

As of today i have decided to sack GT5Prologue off, had enough and don't find it as much fun as i use too. hopefully jack will continue to run this event and i will check up on how it's going so as to live up to my side of the deal, wheel for the winner.
Good luck to all those still left in this event, and nice racing with those i have met on track
All the best, cya

As of today i have decided to sack GT5Prologue off, had enough and don't find it as much fun as i use too. hopefully jack will continue to run this event and i will check up on how it's going so as to live up to my side of the deal, wheel for the winner.
Good luck to all those still left in this event, and nice racing with those i have met on track
All the best, cya

Sad to hear that matey. Been nice chatting and competing with you, and thanks for the time and effort you put in to this awesome championship.

Damn JP. Sad news to lose another active member. Just PM'ed you. Ill still be running the championship and hopefully JP will still drop by to gives his thoughts. All credit goes to you though man. Your idea to run it and alot of time spent in here :cheers:

All the best, cya

Why mate? you have done a great job here and with the pitlane challenge, you will be missed.

All the best, cya

Hopefully December 25th update turns on your GT5P flame again...thanks for all your efforts organizing interesting events.

Kind regards

Anyone still competing in this?

I fear we may have lost interest from a few entrants due to the time trial?

Who knows, they might all be keeping their times hush hush - or waiting until an hour before the deadline haha!

I believe people are keeping the times for themselves. I am and I think a lot of other people are as well.

Ok, I am down into the 57's (not bad for the effort I have put in). I had one lap I was running against timeattack's ghost and I managed to get about 1.5 seconds ahead in the last few corners and then spun it going to fast through the sweeper. :(

HI THERE

I am uploading my lap time since tomorrow Im going for holiday until mid January...

Lap time: 0:56:906

Merry xmas and happy new year!!

Attachments

• GTP_Lyvan.zip
    133.8 KB · Views: 6
Do you want times pm'd or posted on this thread?

Going to submit mine very soon due to the fact I wont get chance to improve over xmas

Do you want times pm'd or posted on this thread?

Going to submit mine very soon due to the fact I wont get chance to improve over xmas

PM them to me please. Would rather everyone did this so there is still a suprise when I post the results up.

hey guys, i gave it 2 gours this afternoon and came up with a pretty good time. i have been away for a while and i am too excited to try the new online events, so i think this may be my only go at the time trial. my time and video are available online. i hope the next round can take advantage of the awesome new online races. see ya on the track! :dopey:

Is there going to be round 2 for this, because I'm very confident I'd be a serious threath for all sixaxis users when it comes to hotlapping.

You can see yourself how I've done on weekly race series with sixaxis. Starting from week 6 .

regards

MadMax

Is there going to be round 2 for this, because I'm very confident I'd be a serious threath for all sixaxis users when it comes to hotlapping.

You can see yourself how I've done on weekly race series with sixaxis. Starting from week 6 .

regards

MadMax

Not sure about a Round 2 yet. Might be.

As for hotlapping, we try to steer away from that. From day 1 we wanted this to be about racing online but PD havent helped us out to much :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back