SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
London doesnt get used much but is a VERY technical track and as for the Tuscan.... Dont pay attention and it will kill you!

Tbh I should have said no ABS :P The real car doesnt come with it so should you :sly: :lol:

WOW! man this will be insane (fun)!!
That decision is a BOLD move! Thank you guys for keeping GT5P interesting...

By the way...so finally no ABS??

Kind regards

The Tuscan on London Reverse eh?
This is gonna be disgusting!! ...in a good way:)
I have done about ummm, let's see here... oh, i know, ZERO! laps on London Reverse!! :sly: :D
The Tuscan I absolutely love tho, so this will be a blast!!

Great way to keep it interesting (considering what you have to work with), rare car and even rarer track!!

pray the next update has a world event in pro physics!! and I advance! :D

Cheers!

This should be quite a challenge. 👍 I don't think I have but one lap around London and zero seat time in the Tuscan.

Haha, I have done a couple of laps and I can't get the car to go through the turns straight, I gotta get it sideways! This is going to be an interesting match, I really wasn't looking for a TT but this blows my mind. Nice job guys!!

Can anyone clarify acceptable curb usage of this track?

Maybe we could go by the IFTC rules for this track whereby only wall contact is considered dirty. So kerbs (especially at Turn 1) would be ok?

All the best
Maz

Sounds reasonable. T4 and t5 arnt faster by using lots of curb, i dont think but 1, 2 and 3 are. Would like this cleared up asap please!

i would vote for "anything but the wall is ok", if there were a vote for this topic. :)

heck, thats what i would probably be doing if i were racing this circuit in real life, and had a garage full of all these cars :sly:

Wanna_B & Jack: Do you guys mind if I put my times in while I'm online? I personally don't care if others in my group see my time. I just figured since I'm putting in the effort to do a good lap I may as well get my name up on the leaderboard. In the past TT's I've put in a solid time offline, but never felt like going back to put a time in on the online leaderboard, as driving the track was like playing a broken record at that point. AFAIC, it would only hurt ME by letting my time go online, giving my competitors an edge.

:)
Wanna_B & Jack: Do you guys mind if I put my times in while I'm online? I personally don't care if others in my group see my time. I just figured since I'm putting in the effort to do a good lap I may as well get my name up on the leaderboard. In the past TT's I've put in a solid time offline, but never felt like going back to put a time in on the online leaderboard, as driving the track was like playing a broken record at that point. AFAIC, it would only hurt ME by letting my time go online, giving my competitors an edge.

I accidently put a time in whilst online. Basically it was my first run and only realised I was on line when it flashed up with my ranking. By the way the time that is up is not my time and will be completely different to what I post.

I personally think it would make better competitiveness if we all can see what we are doing, then we could all be racing each other in a completely different way. Knowing if you have got to get a better time. More pressure.

I'd like to be able to put my time up.

Perhaps it could be voluntry?

How does it work for IFTC?

:)

I accidently put a time in whilst online. Basically it was my first run and only realised I was on line when it flashed up with my ranking. By the way the time that is up is not my time and will be completely different to what I post.

I personally think it would make better competitiveness if we all can see what we are doing, then we could all be racing each other in a completely different way. Knowing if you have got to get a better time. More pressure.

I completey agree. In Forumula 1 none of the qualifying times are kept a secret. It's basically just a matter of you going out there and doing the best you are capable of doing. If you're not fast enough, that's that and simply just part of the competition.

I agree that the pressure to beat a KNOWN time would make things much more enjoyable. On top of that, it would be nice to get a bunch of GTP'ers on the leaderboard while we're at it. 👍

Doesn't bother me, if your happy to have your time on display for others in the group to see and maybe better, it's ok. Remember though we asked to do offline, so if other's in your group prefer to do that, then you have to live with that and the consequences if they all better your time.

I'd like to be able to put my time up.

Perhaps it could be voluntry?

How does it work for IFTC?

All times are done online and then you post your times on the race database at GTRP. everyone can see your times.

I set a new number 1 leaderboard time...56.054. Not sure how valid it is as I hit the wall approaching the last turn like a knucklehead. It's not like it gained me any time though. The first 2 sectors were beautiful...then I got excited and screwed up on the last turn lol. Probably could have done a 55.9xx or so had the last turn not been so horrid. :ouch: I also had a few little bobbles here and there which probably cost a tenth or two. Overall the apex clipping points were pretty good. Looking back at the replay I got lucky I didn't hit the wall at the sweeper as I crested the curb...that's probably why I got so excited lmao.

Last edited:
I set a new number 1 leaderboard time...56.054. The first 2 sectors were beautiful...then I got excited and screwed up on the last two sectors lol. Probably could have done a 55.9xx or so had the last half not been so horrid. :ouch:

I seen, last half horrid? its all horrid for me lol

Can't keep up with your throttle control timeattack07gt.

I hit the wall in my quickest lap also, but did a 100% clean lap 0.044 seconds slower Lol!

Enjoying it!

Can't keep up with your throttle control timeattack07gt.

I hit the wall in my quickest lap also, but did a 100% clean lap 0.044 seconds slower Lol!

Enjoying it!

Me too. It is a very rewarding course. Short and Sweet! 👍

That is a very quick time. Just a couple of tenths faster than my offline time.

As far as wall touches go. There is no contact with walls allowed what so ever.

Crap...well I guess that gives me a good reason to shoot for a 55.xx now.

55's will be out of my range I feel.

Got a 56.747 saved.

Got a sober day tomorow, so will give it a go tomorow. Daytona GTR I'm faster when drunk, than sober - but this is definately a sober track/car lol!

The thing I hate most is TT's... (time trials....)

Im only gonna spend a hour or so, the short course makes up a lot.

This might be fun... :dopey:

Anyone know if its possible to transfer or copy data/cars from a NTSC disc to a PAL disc?

Oh ok, thanks for the suggestion Vax! I just found the "saved game" thread and should be set to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back