SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have contacted Jack and am hoping he can post a poll in here as it is his thread, giving several options on how to progress in this event, after all it's the 23 who are still left who have to race through the next rounds. I always wished to make this a fun/interesting event so am only to happy to go with what the majority want, that is until choosing car and track, then you have no say whatsoever:sly:

A poll is starting now. Post in here and I will add your vote to the front page. Only the racers left in the competition to vote.

Suspend event till after next update, and hopefully get an expert world event.

My vote, hope it's HSR lol 800PP!! 👍

Fujiwara-Kun - Suspend event till after next update, and hopefully get an expert world event.
GTP_rpm - Time-trial

Fujiwara-Kun - Suspend event till after next update, and hopefully get an expert world event.
GTP_rpm - Time-trial
GTP_Sarlech - let NTSC-J do 1 on 1, and let the PAL race in groups on Expert Event (daytona pref)

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
GTP_Sarlech - let NTSC-J do 1 on 1, and let the PAL race in groups on Expert Event (daytona pref)
profi - Time trial
GTP_Synwraith - let NTSC-J do 1 on 1, and let the PAL race in groups on Expert Event (Fuji pref)

Sorry, I know I'm not helping...

All the best
Maz

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
profi - Time trial
GTP_Synwraith - let NTSC-J do 1 on 1, and let the PAL race in groups on Expert Event (Fuji pref)

Sorry, I know I'm not helping...

All the best
Maz

No need to be sorry. Everyone can vote for whatever!

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
timeattack07gt: Time-trial (See below)

I'd like to know how many more stages are planned though. If there's only two stages remaining and we're trying to get this event done in a reasonable amount of time, I would recommend maybe doing heads up racing for the next round within the PAL/NTSC groups at Daytona. The winners of this would then go to a time trial, where the Championship is decided. Seeing that there aren't too many competitors left this might work well given the options for events. And as far as waiting for an update, who knows when we will get our next update and if we will even get a WE at that. I rather get this event done before New Years. Again, my final vote would depend on the number of stages left.

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
timeattack07gt: Time-trial (See below)

I'd like to know how many more stages are planned though. If there's only two stages remaining and we're trying to get this event done in a reasonable amount of time, I would recommend maybe doing heads up racing for the next round within the PAL/NTSC groups at Daytona. The winners of this would then go to a time trial, where the Championship is decided. Seeing that there aren't too many competitors left this might work well given the options for events. And as far as waiting for an update, who knows when we will get our next update and if we will even get a WE at that. I rather get this event done before New Years. Again, my final vote would depend on the number of stages left.

I think it would be a shame to rush this event just to get it done in the next 4 weeks or so, but of course everyone has their priorities and preferences.

I will also say that I am extremely oppposed to and would be very disappointed if the championship winner was decided by time trial. It almost feels wrong and contrary to the spirit of such a competition to not have the last event be a shootout RACE between the finalists.

All the best
Maz

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
profi - Time trial
Belifant - Time trial

I think it's the best solution at this moment.

I set out to make an event, which would be fun and ultimately end up with the overall winner getting a Logitech wheel, it may not be one of the top two wheels on offer at the moment, but it got me into racing/joining the GTP and looking for fellow like minded racers and events. I have no intention of rushing this event, at the moment speaking for myself i have been a little dissappointed with the amount of time i have had to spend, checking post's, coming up with ideas for cars/tracks and chasing group members to get their events completed. I can also safely say the winner will not be decided by a time trial, like i have said elsewhere, you will always find the same people coming out on top in time trials, some people have a gift for it, some have to work hard to do well and others find it difficult to motivate themselves due to much better time trialist being out there, the winner will come from a race event wether it will be one on one or a group race. Also hoping there would be several stages left, as i do not want to illiminate to many people at once, i want everyone to have a fair crack at it, so if they have a bad group race, they may fair better in the next one.
If this does not appeal for whatever reason, people are free to drop out, I'm sure there maybe other pad users or previous competitors who would take there place.

Let's just do the event then?

It'll give a funny result lol

We will still do the poll and the prefered choice is what this stage will be, we will just amend and hopefully not to much time will pass.

im not really a fan of time trials and thought the last event was a great laugh...

BUT

given the current choice I'd say time trial may be the best option?... be it as a whole with top however many going through or in groups with bottom from each group being relegated?

I think racing in intermediate may not be the best idea personally and id rather not wait around too long for the next event... as for all we know there may not be an international expert level ever again

just my 2p/vote anyway

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
profi - Time trial
Belifant - Time trial
neil_1980 - not voting
Lotrzyna - time trial with groups posted in first post (for stage3)

So it will be time trial but only one player from every group gets eliminated and why is that I want time trial ?
I also would like it to be a race cos race demands fighting for all laps, no errors in few laps in a row and in TT one can restart whenever he wants and try as much as he wants but
Current World Race event sucks totally - you can cut first 90degree turn completely, also standard physics seams quite easy - I did not try F40 driving yet thought ...
Waiting for next update is not a good solution - it will be probably in 1month and we do not know what professional physics races will it have...

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
profi - Time trial
Belifant - Time trial
neil_1980 - not voting
SteveO1965 - leave the event stand as it is.

GTP_rpm - Time-trial
profi - Time trial
Belifant - Time trial
neil_1980 - not voting
Subie-dude - time trials within stage 3 groups, and pray there is an update for round 4 with a world event w/ pro physics... and that I'm still in it :D

For the pole, I would choose number 1! I mean, I know I'm not that great compared to most of you here, but if we go into TT's I would be definitely out of here. Its just a mode I can't deal with to get the most out of me. And if we stay as it is, I wouldn't like it because of the standard physics, It would probably give me an edge, because of what I said above, I'm not that great compared to most of you but we are at GTP and I just believe we have to have Professional physics. And #2 is just a definite NO for me. I want to race other people I can't race normally. So yea, I'm definitely with solution number 1!!

Stage 3 Suspended, Update on the poll.

As we dont have a World Event on Expert and World Event Standard isnt suitable then we are having poll to decide what people want to do now. The opitions are:

1. Suspend event till after next update, and hopefully get an expert world event.
2. Race stage 3 by region (1 on 1 for NTSC J), (2x groups of 3 NTSC U)(several groups for PAL).
3. Continue as is.
4. Time Trail

Only the 23 qualifiers to vote. To vote post in this thread and I will add it to the front page. We are doing it this way so that people not invovled in the event dont vote.

Sorry for the delay, GTP_JackStanley & GTP_Wanna_B

1. HUGHS1E - GB (PAL)
2. GTP_Gadbury - GB (PAL) 4
3. GTP_varconv - ES (PAL)
4. Lotrzyna - PL (NTSC-J) 4
5. Subie-Dude - CA (NTSC J) 4
6. EL_Zissou - US (NTSC U)2
7. timeattack07gt - US (NTSC U) 4
8. snake/gt - US (NTSC U)1
9. GTP_SteveO1965 - GB (PAL) 3
10. GTP_NEIL_1980 - GB (PAL) 4
11. GTP_Marooned - EG (PAL)1
12. GTP_Synwraith - GB (PAL) 2
13. Belifant - CH (PAL) 4
14. GTP_rpm - GB (PAL) 4
15. GTP_Fujiwara-kun 1
16. MilkieDJ 1
17. Paolopepper
18. Zetec-ss 2
19. GTP_Profi 4
20. GTP_Grim_Reaper 2
21. GTP_ElColombiano 2
22. GTP_gitSeht 1
23. rofajole 1

Votes so far

Option 1 6 votes
Option 2 5 votes
Option 3 1 vote
Option 4 8 votes

still to vote 3 qualifiers

Last edited:
I would vote for #1.... But it really depends how long until the update. So I'm going with.. Option 1. For now!

I would vote for option 2, but as rofajole said, it would be nice to mix the groups so way that people races other who hasnt played with yet

I vote option 4 - time trial.

What does option 3 mean, 'continue as is'? Did I miss a proposal for stage 3 that got edited?

EDIT: Originally I thought the Intermediate event would be ok but having read the experiences here and having forgot about the damn RBE, I think it would be a bad idea.

What does option 3 mean, 'continue as is'? Did I miss a proposal for stage 3 that got edited?

It was going to be a race on suzuka with a f40. Standard physics on inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back