SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man were going to be racing in Intermediate.

i don't know if i can be asked man, this is gtplanet and we are setting up championship races in standard physics? c'mon man.

should of just done time trials this week and get knocked out that way...or even delay the championship for a bit (in my opinion)

Lotrzyna - PL 9:00am - 11:00pm UK Time
Subie-Dude - CA 9:00pm - 4:00am UK Time
EL_Zissou - US 12:00am - 4:00am UK Time
timeattack07gt - US 9:00pm - 4:00am UK time
snake/gt - US 1:00am - 5:00am UK Time
GTP_ElColombiano - CO 8:00pm - 2:00am UK Time
GTP_gitSeht - CA
rofajole - US 9:00pm -12:30am UK Time

Thanks for the swift responses

Sorry for a little off topic but...

Since we still have some time left till stage 3 I would like to propose something.
All you play on PAD so that would be a chance for me to evaluate my PAD GT5P skills..(and skills of all of us I think)
As a training could you please put in some of your free time in driving a combo: Nissan Skyline R34 VspecII on Eiger forward ?...

Sorry for a little off topic but...

Since we still have some time left till stage 3 I would like to propose something.
All you play on PAD so that would be a chance for me to evaluate my PAD GT5P skills..(and skills of all of us I think)
As a training could you please put in some of your free time in driving a combo: Nissan Skyline R34 VspecII on Eiger forward ?...

Didnt you just do that with a Audi TT :lol:

Lotrzyna - PL 9:00am - 11:00pm UK Time
Subie-Dude - CA 9:00pm - 4:00am UK Time
EL_Zissou - US 12:00am - 4:00am UK Time
timeattack07gt - US 9:00pm - 4:00am UK time
snake/gt - US 1:00am - 5:00am UK Time
GTP_ElColombiano - CO 8:00pm - 2:00am UK Time
GTP_gitSeht - CA 10pm - 5am although I will be in Costa Rica for a week starting Dec 8th
rofajole - US 9:00pm -12:30am UK Time

Stage 3 car is up with some info about the race. Groups will be posted soon along with an end date.

If your unsure about if you in the next round, people that qualified are on the first page.

If you were eliminated, thanks for making time to take part :cheers:

Best of luck in the next round guys.

Jack & JP

Could somebody (for example a person who did it for Audi TT - sorry do not remember a nick..) please post some good tuning settings ? I have no clue about tuning in GT - camber? rebound? .... o_O

Could somebody (for example a person who did it for Audi TT - sorry do not remember a nick..) please post some good tuning settings ? I have no clue about tuning in GT - camber? rebound? .... o_O

It will be up to you to figure out a tune, there's several garagres, like TZT, T&L and DC who may help you out

Nice groups.

How were they decided?

Glad I'm in with timeattack07gt. I won't be able to beat him, but it's always most fun racing the best.

I like the new race strategy though.

Can we make another rule though, that if not all members make it into that race the race is void? Or something...Just for me last time it was frustrating!

I knew I wouldn't be let down. Great job choosing the car Jack and Wanna_B. Looks like I have some pretty stiff competition in my group. :scared: RPM and Varcon will surely give me a run for my money :) I also like the elimination process, very similar to what we might see in Formula 1 qualifying next year 👍

Being in a later timezone than the other 2 stewards, I'll be glad to steward for any race again if needed - I have "extensive" knowledge in the F40 realm and I'm not too shabby at Suz these days. If anyone wants a practice race just respond here or PM me and we can work something out. Cheers gents and best of luck in this round!!!

Just got done doing some tuning/practice. Judging by what little practice and tuning I've done I'd say a 2:00-2:01.xx should be a pretty solid lap time.

Attention of Jack/Wanna B.

Have either of you guys, actually raced in this event yet?

I just tried to, with timeattack07gt and we may aswell be in 750pp trim because even with 698 we're having to get smashed about by newbies at the back!!!

It's terrible guys!

Edit: Other very big negatives are.

- RBE makes the handling even more like Ridgeracer on the standard physics.

- I got nearly 15seconds of penalty time (through contact with newbies)

- Only 3 lap races

Last edited:
Yea, it was a complete mess! We started 30 seconds back and on the beginning of the second lap we had already caught the stragglers...and boy were they fun to try and get around lol. Being that this is only a 3 lap race we didn't want to wait too long either. The RBE is absolutely horrendous as well. In such a competition we shouldn't have to drive around constantly changing physics (up to 6 second a lap difference). It really didn't feel like I was even playing GT5P when we raced...it felt like I was playing some arcade game. :crazy:

What's it behave like if you "start" at the start?

Bad :grumpy: i just tried it, and seen more sand than butlins does.

Also tried stopping and lining up it is not that easy with a rolling start, i waited 30 seconds and still came in 7th out of 12, i say one thing it is challenging.

Last edited:
The only other alternative we had, was do expert event per region as we have 2x NTSC J, would have meant 1 on 1, with 1 to go through, then screwed for next round as doubt update will happen again too soon. 6x NTSC U, possible 2 groups of 3, 1 eliminated from each group, leaving 4. Then no problems apart from schedule for PAL as there are 15.
We was done no real favours by PD in this update. Time trials, can be too boring and you always get the same people coming out on top apart from now and then someone might surprise us all as well as themselves.
Or the other alternative was suspend this event.
What you have to remember is there are some drivers who obviously feel they may be too talented to do a certain event due to car/conditions/group...but we are trying to cater for people from different parts of the globe, different availability times and differing levels of ability with pad and cars, not easy you know.

The only other alternative we had, was do expert event per region as we have 2x NTSC J, would have meant 1 on 1, with 1 to go through, then screwed for next round as doubt update will happen again too soon. 6x NTSC U, possible 2 groups of 3, 1 eliminated from each group, leaving 4. Then no problems apart from schedule for PAL as there are 15.
We was done no real favours by PD in this update. Time trials, can be too boring and you always get the same people coming out on top apart from now and then someone might surprise us all as well as themselves.
What you have to remember is there are some drivers who obviously feel they may be too talented to do a certain event due to car/conditions/group...but we are trying to cater for people from different parts of the globe, different availability times and differing levels of ability with pad and cars, not easy you know.

I understand that you had to work with what you got and it is not easy, after practacing for a bit (10 races) i would say that this event can be done, i would suggest at least 30-35 second wait at the start even then you may come across a backmarker? but they are such bad racers that they dont represent that much of a problem and even then all competitors have to pass them so it is the same for us all, overall i think this event can work and is challenging 👍

can we please do this instead, we have some pretty good expert races this time, it would be a shame to have this stage done in Intermediate Events.

let the NTSC/J fight it out 1v1 x3 or something going by points, if they didn't "deserve" to get through, i'm sure they will get knocked out in the next stage after this one, or you could let the NTSC's automatically get through to the next round or something?

HEY GUYS

Time will pass by if we go through this topic...how feasible is it to make a poll (with a deadline) and decide of the following choices:

a) Keep it up with the event as it is proposed
b) 1x1 with NTSC-J / 2 groups of 3 with us (NTSC-US) / PAL groups
c) Time trial

That´s my opinion...

Kind regards as always

I agree on a poll for stage 3...we should let the racers decide what they want to do. 👍 Although I suggest people try racing in the 750 intermediate race at least once before casting their vote, just so they can see first hand how big of a mess it is. Between the RBE, standard physics, 3 laps, and unskilled drivers, the 750 intermediate race is less than ideal for such a well put together competition IMO.

Personally I think we should do 1 on 1 with NTSC-J and then 2 groups of 3 NTSC-US/PAL groups. The winners of stage 3 will then advance to time trial, unless of course we get an WE update some time soon. :boggled:

Edit: If we do the races by region, 650 Daytona would be a great track, particularly with an AWD car. This track doesn't give much margin for error...so it would be a good place to test driver skill with the pad.

Last edited:
Remember, we can still do a time trial in groups. The slowest in a group of 4 is eliminated, despite the fact that others in other groups had slower/faster times. That way it's all in the draw for the groups, like many sporting tournaments, and not just a case of decision by ranking etc

All the best
Maz

I'd also prefer racing, but that world event is a poor one IMO!

I'd vote for time-trial.

Perhaps F40 at Suzuka with pro physics in arcade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back