SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put in a CLEAN 55.966. It was a pretty solid lap except for a few little bobbles here and there thanks to the controller :ouch:. I think a perfect lap would yield me a 55.7...not sure if I have the patience for that though lol.

Damn you guys are quick.

Put in my clean 56.4xx. Then see Jack and Gadbury gone even quicker too haha!

No room for error here, can definately go quicker though.

It took a few laps to appreciate but I am really liking this car.

I managed a 57.0xx I think, but was pretty dissatisfied with my lap, as one lap I was actually a whopping 1.6 seconds up on a previous T2 split then threw the damn thing into the wall...just to clarify, I wasn't 1.6 up on the 57.0xx :lol: but it was definitely a mid 56 that I ruined.

Cannot wait to get back to this during the weekend!

All the best
Maz

Looks like Jack is hot on my heels :scared: YellowBird23 also closed in on my time...he's only .006 away now. He sent me a message complimenting my lap...seems like a pretty cool guy. 👍

Ahhh that's more like it, 56.55x, juuuuust behind RPM and just over half a second down on timeattack. I think that's cause to be pretty pleased with any lap :)

I'm really enjoying this 👍

All the best
Maz

Glad people are enjoying this. I put some time into thinking how to make it fun with it being a timetrial and testing out 10 or so cars. TVR gave the balance and the track is short but sweet.

Dont worry about my times :P Just having abit of fun :)

Glad people are enjoying this. I put some time into thinking how to make it fun with it being a timetrial and testing out 10 or so cars. TVR gave the balance and the track is short but sweet.

Dont worry about my times :P Just having abit of fun :)

Oh how can we not worry about times :D

All the best
Maz

Just did my P.B.

I see timeattack has gone even faster lol!

Synwraith, shame you clipped the barrier on the exit of the first chicane section. Was a good lap!

P.s. watching the ghosts of everyones laps, it's fun to see how everyone's got their own techniques.

Just did my P.B.

Synwraith, shame you clipped the barrier on the exit of the first chicane section. Was a good lap!

P.s. watching the ghosts of everyones laps, it's fun to see how everyone's got their own techniques.

Yeah I just had the tap verified by the organisers. I must have watched it 4 or 5 times from multiple angles and I was sure I got away with it. But at least it didn't add to the laptime so in theory it should be repeatable. My best banker is currently 56.515.

Oh crap, he's gone faster? Greeeeeat :yuck:

All the best
Maz

Just did my P.B.

Yea, I logged on last night and saw that everyone (esp. Synwraith) were closing in on my time. A tenth or two wasn't a big enough gap for me lol. It was a pretty good lap except for my misjudgment at the last corner. Probably cost me a tenth or so, but I'm happy for now :dopey: You clipped that corner WAY better than I did 👍

Looks like you guys are fighting an awfully close fight for that 3rd spot. It will probably just be a matter of time until we have several guys in the 55's. This track isn't that technical, its just a matter of getting the throttle control down and programming that into your brain. Easier said than done of course :dunce:

Good luck guys! :cheers:

Its so hard to get on perfect lap in first corner you have to get right by the milimeter its tough i need to do some tuning could find an extra half a second to a second somewhere but at the moment im nowhere in my group!

This is tedious tenth by tenth lol im 3rd in my group by the standings.....

You're lucky though, you know where you stand. Here I am broadcasting my progress but the rest of my group are doing it offline and privately. Could be a very nasty surprise in it for me at the end, so I'm just aiming for timeattack07gt as I know if I'm nearly as fast as him, and all of the guys in my group are faster...they deserve to go through instead of me 👍

All the best
Maz

i haven't tried yet maz, will let you know as soon as i do..been busy with work and that atm, should have a semi lap by monday night

I've now managed a clean lap of 56.254. I tried doing it with Traction Control and while it definitely helps in some areas it is slower in others, overall not really faster for me.

Wanna_B, bloody hell where did those times come from?!? Incredible, I was watching your sector 1 and seeing you take almost all the corners at lower speed than me, wondering how on earth you managed that time, then I saw your second sector sweeper speeds. Wow. Are you doing those with a sixaxis?! If so, I'm damn pleased you and Jack aren't competing :scared:

All the best
Maz

Crap..I see Wanna_B knocked me off the top spot. I knew that was coming lol. Looks like I'll be doing some work tommorow morning. Nice lap bro! 👍 I assume you're using a wheel? Judging by your smooth inputs.

Yes! I have finnaly broken into the 56s!
I see you guys are using manual!!! how do you do that with sixaxis on such a tight twisty track i wouldnt be able to do it all!
I think its faster with TC at 1 than off i could only get 58s with it off.

Interesting! Seems some of you guys have been busy while I've been slacking off this weekend! :D Time to get back on it!

paolopepper, I recently converted my control method - might be worth you trying it? It took me ages to get used to it but there is logic behind it.

1) I started using the triggers L2 and R2 for brake and accelerate. This allows for brake and accelerate to be used together, and switching from one to the other has no delay compare to the right analogue stick I was using before for accelerate/brake.

2) I use square and X for the shifting of manual gears. Don't like having a finger on each of the four shoulder buttons. As I'm now using triggers to accelerate and never use the pad buttons for brake or accelerate, it felt comfortable after quite a few laps practice. I also experimented using the right analogue stick as the gear change - like a stubby, sequential stick :D

I like using manual as you can push the revs higher beyond the redline, keep it in a slightly higher power band and being in control prevents down-changes at unexpected moments / when I don't need it.

Yes i shall try i dont really know how to use gears never used a wheel or anything.Im sure some of you guys are experienced drivers and have used gears so bit of an advantage.

Using gears around a track like london is a must in my view. Should think using auto it will change you up into 4th down the back straight? When I leave it in 3rd just hitting the limiter. No need to waste time shifting up when the braking point is so close.

Might be afew of these places around the track.

I just set a new number 1 leadboard time of 55.671. Wanna_B and myself are really having a close battle for the number 1 spot, even though he isn't taking part in the 6-axis competition. :) The lap was about as close to perfect as I could get with a 6-axis except for the total screw up going into T1. I unusually downshifted from third into second a little to early which caused the engine to bounce off the rev limiter, locking up the rear ever so slighty. I missed the apex by a little bit and was about 2 inches away from hitting the wall on the exit :scared:...one ever so slight correction saved it though 👍 I was probably about .050 off my previous time going into the last corner but found a lot of speed/improvement in the last 90degree left hander by using the e-brake at the appropiate time to get the car rotated a bit more for an early exit.

I ain't going to lie though, that took a lot time and effort to achieve. :dunce: I spent about 4 hours this morning, commonly putting in 7xx to 9xx with little bobbles here and there in each lap. I definately couldn't buy any luck until that last lap I achieved lol. To achieve a really good lap at this circuit is quite frustrating with the six axis, as you must clip the walls really closely with a lot of precision and a bit of luck on your side...no margin for error unlike most road course where you can put a wheel or two off and still be ok.

Last edited:
Dude your just damn quick i dont know what you do but still, i made 3 tenths using the manual gearbox and with more practise because sometimes i forget to change gear i can get under 56.5 id be really heartbroken if i get knocked out the guy in 4th for us has set a 58 on standard.
I think about hitting walls if the game lets you get away with it and your not blatently getting speed off it.
Wow 2 days offs school has helped

I just set a new number 1 leadboard time of 55.671. Wanna_B and myself are really having a close battle for the number 1 spot, even though he isn't taking part in the 6-axis competition. :) The lap was about as close to perfect as I could get with a 6-axis except for the total screw up going into T1. I unusually downshifted from third into second a little to early which caused the engine to bounce off the rev limiter, locking up the rear ever so slighty. I missed the apex by a little bit and was about 2 inches away from hitting the wall on the exit :scared:...one ever so slight correction saved it though 👍 I was probably about .050 off my previous time going into the last corner but found a lot of speed/improvement in the last 90degree left hander by using the e-brake at the appropiate time to get the car rotated a bit more for an early exit.

I ain't going to lie though, that took a lot time and effort to achieve. :dunce: I spent about 4 hours this morning, commonly putting in 7xx to 9xx with little bobbles here and there in each lap. I definately couldn't buy any luck until that last lap I achieved lol. To achieve a really good lap at this circuit is quite frustrating with the six axis, as you must clip the walls really closely with a lot of precision and a bit of luck on your side...no margin for error unlike most road course where you can put a wheel or two off and still be ok.

I went on the other night did 3 laps, was in second, then realized TC was turned on?? Turned it off and clocked that time within 2 laps, just wanted something for you to chase, been busy with the IFTC at the moment, may give it another go in a few days, as i think from start to t1 was pretty lame, i think, cannot remember at the moment. Anyhow good lap timeattack and nice to see so many familiar names up there on the leaderboard

Wow, the Yellowbird guy in 3rd is using Automatic!

Timeattack, how are you so quick? Obviously I don't expect you to give your secrets away but do you play GT a crazy amount and have you played GT1 through to GT5:P? Are you a racing driver in real life? :)

Dude your just damn quick i dont know what you do but still, i made 3 tenths using the manual gearbox and with more practise because sometimes i forget to change gear i can get under 56.5 id be really heartbroken if i get knocked out the guy in 4th for us has set a 58 on standard.
I think about hitting walls if the game lets you get away with it and your not blatently getting speed off it.
Wow 2 days offs school has helped

My settings on the pad are......

L2 - Brake
R2 - Accelerate
Left Analogue Stick - Steering
Right Analogue Stick - Gears (Forward/Back) The use of the stick means you only have to flick it to change gear rapidly with your thumb.

There is good range in the L2/R2 buttons to allow a little throttle and brake control.

This setting to me sits very natural in your hands, and I found it a good way to start when learning to change gears manually.

I also have other buttons that are assigned to the in race setup changes. If you are clever with it you can change traction throughout a lap to compliment what corners you are on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back