Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevrolet Camaro ss (10)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (06)

• Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (09)

• Total voters
had to retire mate, the car was undrivable.

I'm with you trotter!

What happened at the end? I was on pause in the pits, I left the room but when I came back GT5 had 'quit' and I was sitting at the PS3's XMB!?!?!?!?

I had to load GT5 back up!

As for my collision with jamesy - this is what happens when you are on RH tyres in a car that is as heavy as Mars and you are in a slide....There's nothing you can do all 4 of my tyres were red, I couldn't steer away from the apex! Plus this is one of those racing moments that wouldn't happen as such in the real world, as jameys would have seen me in his mirrors and realised to stay wide rather than cutting across my path as I was in a skid...:crazy:

Ah well all in a days race, not sure how i'll make my car competitive, regardless of what tyres I start on, I just think this car is too heavy to be set up to allow for close racing? I'm just not sure it's possible to be up there with the top 4 or 5, I'm just losing too much time every lap, and the multiple pitstops are just killing my times too :eek:

Apologies all the same :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well I had a good race, if it wasnt for a couple of massive offs at the chicane.
I think that I probably could have held on to P3 or P4 if I hadnt had the first crash that led me to an unscheduled pit stop. Learnt a lot about the car tonight though, and that is that now I know it can be very fast out of corners and keep pace with some of the faster cars.

well thanks again all who turned up .
i think we all had a good race even with the damage on full.

as for omnius's and my bump i understand but i think the aston is not mars more like saturn (blue planet) so when the gravitational forces of something the size of saturn and something the size of mars (sls red car) get close all hell can brake loose :lol:

accidents are frustrating and change the race at times but that is it ,It's racing
so all i can say is LETS RACE:sly:

Same here ade. I really loved my Viper last night and I finally had time to set the car properly. The car was stable and very quick of the grid even to my surprise so that's how I made that mistake in T1.

During my practice I was able to go 1:58 so thank you jamesy for organizing this Cup and matching all these cars perfectly. Viper is not that fast out of corners but it makes all up at the end of the straight.

At the first part of the race I was off the pace and I lost some positions. Later I was stuck behind ade and couldn't pass him. But I had great fun putting pressure on him until I made a mistake. I lost 15 seconds and I tried to get close again for an epic battle, as we usually do, but I only passed him when he was in the pits for a long time.
Ade what happened I forgot to ask you after the race?

Great race guys and I on the other hand like heavy damage because just like in the real world I didn't won't to damage my car.

damage was my co-driver for this race!! :-( one distraction can change everything in regards to strategy! i'll be focused for the next race. see you all then.

.....I tried to get close again for an epic battle, as we usually do, but I only passed him when he was in the pits for a long time.
Ade what happened I forgot to ask you after the race?

My tyre tactics seemed to be working a treat, 2 sets mediums, 2 sets of softs and 1 set of hard for the last 10 laps, however the 2nd set of softs felt less grippy than the first, and I clipped the grass with my left rear on the slight bend before the chicane, and went into a massive wobble which I couldnt correct. The result was a massive collision with the blocks that make up the chicane and a lot of damage.

I was in the pits for a while, as I had a couple of cheeky beers in the afternoon which would have worked there way out if I hadnt taken the opertunity whilst in the pits.:sly:

Last edited:
:sly:

I understand and I would love to see that in the real race. But being professional as they are they would probably go in the cockpit. :D

Gentlemen, so who won the race? I'm kind of curious ... And how did the weight penalty effect the race for the podium finishers of race 1?

Gentlemen, so who won the race? I'm kind of curious ... And how did the weight penalty effect the race for the podium finishers of race 1?

jimftr won wit me then dowlin in third .
the weight penalty affects the tyre wear and handeling
but it seamed to help jim out

Its going to be interesting at the next race since all of the ''faster'' guys have ballast now.
As far as I can make out,
Jim has 150kg
Hasselmoff has 100kg
Jamesy has 75kg
And I have 25kg.

Id say the little more weight I have could help me but that would mean more weight if it went well so I'm not sure what I want :lol:

jamesybograt
jimftr won wit me then dowlin in third .
the weight penalty affects the tyre wear and handeling
but it seamed to help jim out

I don't think the weight penalty helped, the car felt more slidey, i think 50kg dosen't make much of a big difference, adding another 100kg will be much more noticeable.

Its going to be interesting at the next race since all of the ''faster'' guys have ballast now.
As far as I can make out,
Jim has 150kg
Hasselmoff has 100kg
Jamesy has 75kg
And I have 25kg.

Id say the little more weight I have could help me but that would mean more weight if it went well so I'm not sure what I want :lol:

I'll be missing from the next race as well, I knew I'd miss a few races in this series thats why i'm a reserve :).

After a little run (thinking i'd make sunday) on saturday night the 100kg Ballast didnt seem to make that much difference but will find out in a few weeks when I can get a race in it.

I assume tonight's race is still on? Is it possible to have an early race start because of the 100meters that I would really want to see?

I assume tonight's race is still on? Is it possible to have an early race start because of the 100meters that I would really want to see?

what time would you like to start ?

was going to scrutineer at 6:30pm-7:30pm
room open 8:00pm
qualifying 8:15pm

can move race time forward a little ..

100m final starts at 9:50.....

Completely my bad! I thought it was 1 hour earlier ... :ouch:
There will be no problem then, sorry for your trouble gentlemen.

Just had 4 laps on Fuji, best time 1.38.xxx on RS. Gearing is pretty loooong for the straight with my Lambo should love :mischievous:

Let's have some fun!

(btw the RS only last 4 laps, so ... :scared:

Jamesy - can you list the names and cars people are in as I can't read them on the spreadsheet.

I was going to do a new one for you, but can't until I know who's who 👍

My car is set to share. I have tries to add the extra 5 PP points I am allowed due to finising towards the back, but cant, as my car has no ballast and is nearly at max on power limiter. The only way to get the extra 5 would be to do the engine tuning stage 3. I have left the car at 568 bhp for now, and will let you carry out any performance upgrades during scrutineering.

My car is set to share. I have tries to add the extra 5 PP points I am allowed due to finising towards the back, but cant, as my car has no ballast and is nearly at max on power limiter. The only way to get the extra 5 would be to do the engine tuning stage 3. I have left the car at 568 bhp for now, and will let you carry out any performance upgrades during scrutineering.

add how you like (engine stage 3 is ok )and reduce to 585PP
omnius & trotter will have the same problem..

[Off Topic]

Like I said - I grew up with these, so it had to be done for old times sake!!! :lol:

DSC_0335.jpg

Hope you dont mind Jamesy...

Race results and best lap times...

1st...SOCALSPEEDFREAK...1:38.481
2nd...JAMESYBOGRAT...1:40.257
3rd...GOODWOLF...1:39.429
4th...COBANI...1:38.280
5th...ADE3210..1:38.740
6th...TROTTER...1:41.772
7th...OMNIUS...1:42.851​

Really enjoyed the race tonight, was in a few great fights. Great clean racing from everyone. MEGA...tron.

Great race everyone!

Quite a decepticon to have a laptime 2 seconds faster then the number two, but finishing 4th. But then again, consistency is key! 👍

I enjoyed the stategy with the tyres and congrats to Socal for showing everyone who was boss ... tonight!

Moment of the race: the 3-way battle with Jamesy and Goodwolf down the backstraight.

Back