Supercar Festival problems

• Thread starter setmin33
  • 137 comments
Me thinks the Speed 12 is a little to lackluster in the handling department, but a Saleen S7 would do. As well as a Jaguar XJ220, or a Ford GT, or any other car in that class. All it takes is some patience, skill, and/ or some N20.
That's about it. Oh, and maybe a fast car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1591

I'm also having trouble on the supercar festival. It says un modified cars only.. What does it mean by that???

It means that you are allowed production models of cars, just no racing car like the ford gt lm spec II car, coz that is a racing car, or the audi R8 and things like that. Hope that clears up some things :D

Since Post #28 I've run this series twice more using a CHRYSLER 300C '05 & my trusty AUDI R4 '01 with just enough HP to qualify as a "Super Car." Both presented EASY wins! 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif

Old Geezer
Since Post #28 I've run this series twice more using a CHRYSLER 300C '05 & my trusty AUDI R4 '01 with just enough HP to qualify as a "Super Car." Both presented EASY wins! 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif
Way off topic so I apologize ahead of time.

O.G. your avatar is freakin' me out man :lol:

Here's what I hope is a fairly definitive list of cars that are eligible or not-eligible for the Supercar Festival. These are all STOCK cars which are winnable or purchasable. There's many more cars that are eligible after tuning too, but I'm not exploring those possibilites. Please help me out, if you see something in the list that's in the wrong place let me know & I'll move it.

Stock Cars over 493HP NOT Eligible for Supercar Festival:-

Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03 Win
Audi LeMans Quattro '03 Win
Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03 Win
Cadillac Cien '02 Win
Nissan GRAN TURISMO Skyline GT-R '01 Win
Ford GT Concept '02 Win
VW W12 Nardo Concept '01 Win
Tommykaira ZZII '00 500,000Cr
Dodge Viper GTSR Concept '00 Win
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04 31,870Cr
Amuse Skyline GT-R Carbon-R '04 250,000Cr
Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec '00 200,000Cr
Buick Special '62 58,000Cr

Stock Cars over 493HP WHICH ARE Eligible for Supercar Festival:-

Honda NSX-R LM Prototype Road Car '02 Win (Why a prototype is eligible but a concept isn't, is beyond me?!!!)
Dodge Viper SRT-10 '03 84,880Cr
Ford GT '05 149,880Cr or Win
Saleen S7 '02 419,130Cr
TVR Speed 12 '00 259,970Cr or Win
Mercedes-Benz SL600 '04 177,700Cr
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG '04 190,700Cr
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 610,000Cr
RUF CTR2 '96 297,110Cr
BMW M5 '05 116,650Cr
Pagani Zonda C12S '00 450,040Cr
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 631,680Cr
Jaguar XJ220 '92 749,140Cr
Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99 224,000 - 291,199Cr from Used Car Lot II depending on mileage.
Cizeta Moroder V16T '94 Win Prizecar for this race festival!
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 168,120Cr Shows 469HP in showroom, but becomes 493HP stock when purchased! (Ask PD why?!!! :P)

Stock Cars WHICH ARE Eligible for Supercar Festival with only an oil change:-

Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG '02 105,330Cr +50Cr oil change
Shelby Cobra 427 '67 530,550Cr +50Cr oil change
AC Cars 427 S/C '66 423,200Cr +50Cr oil change

I think that's about it. Being as I don't own most of these cars yet, and haven't actually done the Supercar Festival, there's bound to be errors here!

Special thanks to JParker, Old Geezer, bhawk776 & Toronado for helping out with this list.

:cheers:
Smallhorses.

Smallhorses
Dodge Viper GTSR Concept '00 Win (? - Don't own this car yet to try out. Help anyone?)

Smallhorses.
No it isn't eligible as you said. It is however an awesome car. I ran the Dreamcar championship with only tire changes. I also was able to win several races in the Sportscar Lounge or something like that, LMP's and LM's, for 200 points. You win it in the Chrysler/Crossfire race.

JParker

Thanks JParker I've updated the list.
I liked that car in GT3, just haven't got round to doing Crossfire trophy yet to win one in GT4. Soon though!

These three:

HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04
Amuse Skyline GT-R Carbon-R '04
Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec '00

may NOT be elgible! :indiff: I tired to enter my Amuse S2000 GT-1 last nite & it wasn't allowed! :guilty: ...O.G.
old.gif

Thanx O.G. I kind of suspected they might not be, but since I don't have these cars, or the cash to test the theory, I was waiting for someone else to give it a go.
If anyone else has these cars, and doesn't mind trying, see if you can enter Supercar Festival with them & let us know what happens.
Smallhorses.

smallhorses
If anyone else has these cars, and doesn't mind trying, see if you can enter Supercar Festival with them & let us know what happens.
NOT Eligible:

HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04
Amuse Skyline GT-R Carbon-R '04
Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec '00
Buick Special '62
Audi Pikes Peak quattro '03

Eligible:

Cizeta V16T '94 - Win
Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 - 168,120 cr.

Eligible with oil change:

Mercedes E 55 AMG '02 - 105,330 cr.
Shebly Cobra 427 '67 - 530,550 cr.
AC Cars 427 S/C '66 - 423,200 cr.

With these added to your list, smallhorses, that should be all of the cars that can be entered in the Supercar Festival in stock form.

Thanks for your help tidying that up bhawk776!
I think that's buggered my plans to get through this festival on the cheap though!
I was going to run the 5 races in the 5 cheapest >493HP cars, but now the Buick & the HPA "bargains" aren't an option. This is going to get expensive!!!!
The Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 says it comes with 469HP stock, same as E 55, so I'm thinking it belongs in the eligible with oil change list, which I've added to my list.
The reason I didn't include the Cizeta is because you can't get one to enter the races to begin with, you win it for winning the 5 races, but granted you could go back and run it again with this prizecar, so I'll add it. ;)
Smallhorses.

Smallhorses
Thanks for your help tidying that up bhawk776!
I think that's buggered my plans to get through this festival on the cheap though!
I was going to run the 5 races in the 5 cheapest >493HP cars, but now the Buick & the HPA "bargains" aren't an option. This is going to get expensive!!!!
The Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 says it comes with 469HP stock, same as E 55, so I'm thinking it belongs in the eligible with oil change list, which I've added to my list.
The reason I didn't include the Cizeta is because you can't get one to enter the races to begin with, you win it for winning the 5 races, but granted you could go back and run it again with this prizecar, so I'll add it. ;)
Smallhorses.

No problem smallhorses :D

If I wasn't in the middle of the New York race with the SL 55, I would double check but I think it was able to enter without an oil change. :confused:

EDIT: Ok I've double checked on SL 55 and for whatever reason the hp goes to 493hp after its purchased without an oil change. Stupid PD :dunce:! (517hp with oil change)

Smallhorses
Thanks again bhawk776 I've corrected the list.

So the E55 AMG remains at 469HP when purchased then?
When you give it an oil change it goes to 500 even (oddly enough, since the SL 55 has the same engine.)

Toronado is correct. The E 55 stays at 469hp when purchased then after an oil change its 500hp. 👍

I've double checked the Buick Special and it is not eligible. :crazy:

I have every car in the game and I've checked every car that could possibly be eligible for your list, Smallhorses, and I'm sure that the list is complete. :D

bhawk776
Toronado is correct. The E 55 stays at 469hp when purchased then after an oil change its 500hp. 👍

I've double checked the Buick Special and it is not eligible. :crazy:

I have every car in the game and I've checked every car that could possibly be eligible for your list, Smallhorses, and I'm sure that the list is complete. :D
What about the Yellowbird? I'm pretty sure that has exactly 493 BHP when the oil is changed.

I've rediscovered this Series after NOT driving it for some time. Due to the overall "Decent" AI all the races are quite enjoyable. I realize that most questions are based on the confusion over why WE can't use the same rides the AI seems so fond of and that smallhorses has provided an EXCELLENT LIST of cars that may enter "STOCK." The following is a list of all the rides I've used to win the Series. I believe only the Prize cars & the Saleen have adequate HP as delivered so please correct me if I'm wrong! :indiff:

Prize Cars:
CIZETA V16T '94
[589]
HONDA NSX-R LM Edition Road Car '02 [553]

Purchased NEW:
AUDI R4 '01
[546]
CALLAWAY C12 '03 [595]
CHEVROLET Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 [542]
CHRYSLER 300C '05 [564]
DODGE Viper SRT10 '03 [532]
PROTO Spirra V8 [501]
SALEEN S7 '02 [567]
TVR T350C '03 [506]
FORD GT 'O5 [586]

Purchased USED:
CHEVROLET Camaro Z-28 '97/Used
[504]

[XXX] = Adequate "Stock" HP to qualify for entry. 👍

I've a few more Rides in my Garage that may be up to the task...I'll edit them into the lists as the Series is Won again...O.G.
old.gif

As I've been having a few nights trying to get past this series I'll put up my experiences in case it helps.

RUF Yellowbird: even with some mild tuning (intercooler, 1.5 LSD) I couldn't get it to consistently work for me. The LSD helped greatly with unstable back end under heavy braking, and powering out of corners, but it was still like driving on a knife-edge. OK if you're in the mood, but it's not always fun so it was time for a new car.

TVR Speed 12: It's got the mumbo, but it can't use it until you're well into three figures MPH. Ok for any track with a long straight, but it wasn't all that anywhere else, plus very low A-Spec points.

BMW M5: At the moment I'm very pleased with this car. At first try I thought "I've just wasted 100K". I couldn't keep up with the ZZII, Cien, Nardo or any of the other "big hitters" in this series. I ducked out to the BMW M Club series to get a feel for the car. Won every race with little trouble (but 15 A-Spec pts, 37 with full ballast) so tried again with the supercars.

Still no chance of keeping with the fast boys, so got a full custom transmission and set it to auto 11, no other mods (501bhp). On midfield this gives you just enough revs to slipstream someone all the way to the end of the long straight, and should see you in 7th by the end. Strong fields get upto 198 A-Spec pts, but with a field I could beat (took about 7 tries - Zonda, Spyker, C12, Nissan GT1 Road Car, Mercedes SLR) it's just 145 A-Spec pts.

It's taken a good few goes to get the right lines on the track, but the challenge was good. One more race to go...

Since I got through this one last night, I'll add my experience too.

Agreed on the Speed 12 - I won the New York race with it, but it's habit of trying to lunch it's rear tyres in the first 4 gears make it a real chore to race. And as already mentioned, very low A-spec points.

After reading here that the NSX LM Road car could enter, I thought I'd have a go with it - and bingo! A decent race in each event, but a nice driveable car getting reasonable A-spec points :)

if memory serves me correctly, i used an Aston Martin Vanquish--lightly modded in the suspension (race), weight (Stage 3), rotating mass (top-o-line flywheel, drive-shafts, etc....), and downforce areas to spank the field like 5 naughty little schoolgirls... the car was a downright brute down the straights with plenty of HP to coax the rear around the tighter corners without too much trouble--just mind the tire-wear... and it looks/sounds drop-dead sexy... 👍

Nice one Sum. I did think about the Vanquish, but my plan to get one is to get the Vantage from the used car lot, then try to win the Aston manufacturer cup to get the Vanquish.

I was going to buy one, but then someone else said it was another weighty beast, so the cash was splashed with the Germans.

Famine
A-Spec points go solely on the vehicle mass compared to the lead AI car and vehicle PWR compared to the lead AI car (lead meaning "car which, if used by the player, would score the least A-Spec points). The Speed 12 has a low weight (so low points), massive power and therefore a humongous PWR (so REALLY low points).

It DOESN'T take into account that the Speed 12 is rather a handful, so the AI with an on-paper poorer car will leather you through the twisties.
Exactly. I did one of the American championships (i forget which one) with a fully modified F150 Lightning and was getting 30-40 points a race, even though I was winning the races by half a lap.

Just tried to enter the RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" after an oil change, and it doesn't qualify. 👎
Reads 493HP on garage screen, but only 486HP on the selling screen. :grumpy:
I've removed it from the eligible with oil change list.:(

yup, the Vanquish is a big, fat, costly pig--but damn it's sexy, heheh... after an oil-change, it is a Semi-Racing Muffler shy of the required 493HP to run predominately 200pt. A-spec races with 497HP... about the only things it really "needs" beyond that is a Jenny Crank diet--suspension, too, if you're feeling generous... it's a plenty powerful car, but it's sheer weight (1835kg! oink!!) can leave it a bit outclassed in braking and acceleration (Seoul and New York, especially)... it's certainly fixable with a Racing Transmission, but i prefer to lighten a platform before upping the HP or messing with gear-ratios... 👍

if i'm not mistaken, the Vanquish is only available through purchase from the dealership--the prize car for the Aston Martin series is a specially-colored orange/gold DB9 (for my NTSC version, at least)... :dopey:

Back