Suzuki Swift Challenge|Congrats Neljack!

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 757 comments

What track should we race for round 4?

• Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's now only the question of who can handle the pressure and who can't, just noticed akmuq's not trailing too far behind me :sly:

Really Really reminds me of the Meganes :D;)

Also, will there be an extra long quali again? I quite liked it :)

Ahem, I mentioned about CJ being ahead of you in Race 2...

Ah crap, that's what multi-tab browsing with Google docs, our Visitor Message conversation, the point system since I keep forgetting it, and having a facebook chat on my phone, so it's neljack 87, Carbon 80 and me 77.👍

OK just had a look

Lap 2 - 1st corner Aardvark and yourself ran wide, I came in too deep and hit you. I then went round the outside of turn 2 to try and give you the space back but Aardvark squeezed you out the back, marginly helped by Carbonox.

Since I started the whole thing off by hitting you first I will take the blame and concede my 4th place to DSQ.

It was Aardvark doing all the bibing of his horn.

I don't believe you were at fault their. Because you left plenty of space for me and Ardvark, and if Ardvark had just slowed down in entry it would not have happened

I never use my horn during a race. Maybe on the grid, but never in the race.

Seems I'm guilty of a few things here, perhaps even racing, so can I disqualify myself from race 1 please? Thanks.

Exit stage left. :(

RDAardvark

Seems I'm guilty of a few things here, perhaps even racing, so can I disqualify myself from race 1 please? Thanks.

Don't disqualify your self. That wasn't a vital move anyway cause I believe that race was abondoned because of Dax and nel not being able to see each other.

And even if it was, we all make mistakes and I forgive you and anyone else for the incidences I was in tonight.

Also @fox did you like the little *beep beep beep* I did when you let me re pass after our spin?

Also @fox did you like the little *beep beep beep* I did when you let me re pass after our spin?

You know I didn't hear it Matty. I'll have a look at the replay

Yes just heard it Matty.

Last edited:

Right, I'm also going to find out who was using their horn.

Who ever it was.....prepare to have it shoved up yer chocolate wizz way!!

FlyingFox
You know I didn't hear it Matty. I'll have a look at the replay

When you let me back past I just tapped the horn three times..:) (tries not to giggle at what I just said..)

All I had to do is average 4th place in the two races I dc'd from to be in the lead of the championship...

Right, I'm also going to find out who was using their horn.

Who ever it was.....prepare to have it shoved up yer chocolate wizz way!!

My apologies to Aardvark for a wrongful accusation

neljack.....this is gonna hurt :scared:

Neljack was horning me all last night.

Literally just snort laughed really loudly.

Personally, I've got a sticky joystick so I can't help horning people all the time. I can't get used to wheels. Not my type.

Last edited:
Literally just snort laughed really loudly.

Personally, I've got a sticky joystick so I can't help horning people all the time. I can't get used to wheels. Not my type.

Try it for about 2 weeks without using the controller and I bet you will get more used to the wheel.👍

Try it for about 2 weeks without using the controller and I bet you will get more used to the wheel.👍

Well, I spent about 90% of my time playing NASCAR on GT5 so I envisioned getting a wheel for to help with my driving lessons and to help me go 'silky smooth' around the corners.

Problem is my wheel is a DFGT and is second hand. It spends a lot of time calibrating and sometimes feel loose and stiff which is annoying. Trying gears out again is a pain. I can shift with the low power cars but controlling Nascars when I spin or shifting down with a LMP, I simply cannot shift let alone turn through a corner.

I've been more smooth with my Sixaxis over the past few weeks so after a week of trying out ovals, I found my Sixaxis to be more smooth. I was more in control with a sixaxis and held my line better.

Its a matter of preference personally and I simply cannot get used to it and I think the wheel is slightly dodgy.

I also failed to get my 60th Gold License Test in my wheel after four hours this week on the double hairpin at Indy. Still bloody proud getting 59 Golds with a Sixaxis. ARGH.

EDIT: I'll be honest I'm not the most natural driver. I've not done as well I would have liked in Furi's TOCA, your Swifts, Dax's GT1 and Andy's GT1 and I often have to put in a lot of practice and fine tuning of setups to get even in the top ten. Ovals come more naturally so I've done much better in IndyCar, IROC and Nascar where I do literally five to ten minutes of practice and I'm good to go.

For the double hairpin Indy challenge, I'd say you need to use a wheel, and turn at a crazy angle for the Skid Recovery to kick in. I can't remember how I did it, but I managed to get that done in 2 or 3 attempts.:D

For the double hairpin Indy challenge, I'd say you need to use a wheel, and turn at a crazy angle for the Skid Recovery to kick in. I can't remember how I did it, but I managed to get that done in 2 or 3 attempts.:D

Ah, good old Skid Recovery Force. Might get it done. We'll see. Cheers for the tip, I'll have a go tomorrow and let ya know, again :)

Point standings:

Neljack-87
Carbonox-80
akmuq-77

If Neljack wins Race 1:
If Neljack wins race 1 with no pole or fastest lap, Carbonox needs to get at least 7 points to stay in the hunt, which is 4th or better or 5th with a bonus point. Akmuq needs at least 10, which is 3rd place.

If Neljack gets 16 points from Race 1, Carbonox needs 4th place or better and akmuq needs 3rd with a bonus point, or 2nd.

If Neljack gets 17 points, the maximum, Carbonox needs 3rd or better. Akmuq needs 2nd place.

If Carbonox wins Race 1:
If Carb wins without a bonus point, neljack needs 9 points to keep his lead, a 4th and a bonus, 3rd or 2nd. Akmuq needs 7th or better to stay in the title hunt.

If Carb gets 16 points, neljack will need 10 to keep the lead, a 3rd place, 4th and a bonus won't do because Carb will lead on win countback. Akmuq needs 6th or better.

If Carb gets 17 points, neljack will need 2nd place to keep his lead, akmuq needs 6th or better to stay in the hunt.

If akmuq wins Race 1:
If akmuq wins without a bonus point, carb needs 2nd and a bonus point to stay in front of akmuq, and neljack needs 6th with a bonus point, or 5th or better to stay in front.

If akmuq gets 16 points, carb can't be in front of akmuq no matter what on wins countback, neljack will need 5th with a bonus or better.

If akmuq gets 17 points, neljack will need 4th or better to keep his lead.

Countback:

1st Place: akmuq and carbon both twice, neljack hasn't.
2nd Place: neljack 4 times, akmuq and carbon both once
3rd Place(extremely unlikely): neljack twice, akmuq once, carbon nought.

Prizes:

First in the championship: Any car from the NCD or OCD with a value or 999,999 or less
Second: Any car from the NCD or OCD worth 500,000 or less
Third: Any car from the NCD or OCD worth 250,000 or less

Special Prizes: Any driver who gets 17 points in Race 1 will get a car worth 100,000 or more from 5 drivers.
Any driver who scores 30 or more from the evening will get a rare FT-86 II concept, only obtainable through buying the first DLC complete pack and another paints pack.

The only prize I'm eligible for is the getting 17 points in Race 1 prize, If I come 3rd in the championship, the 4th place man will get a car worth 250k or less.👍

Point standings:

Neljack-87
Carbonox-80
akmuq-77

If Neljack wins Race 1:
If Neljack wins race 1 with no pole or fastest lap, Carbonox needs to get at least 7 points to stay in the hunt, which is 4th or better or 5th with a bonus point. Akmuq needs at least 10, which is 3rd place.

If Neljack gets 16 points from Race 1, Carbonox needs 4th place or better and akmuq needs 3rd with a bonus point, or 2nd.

If Neljack gets 17 points, the maximum, Carbonox needs 3rd or better. Akmuq needs 2nd place.

If Carbonox wins Race 1:
If Carb wins without a bonus point, neljack needs 9 points to keep his lead, a 4th and a bonus, 3rd or 2nd. Akmuq needs 7th or better to stay in the title hunt.

If Carb gets 16 points, neljack will need 10 to keep the lead, a 3rd place, 4th and a bonus won't do because Carb will lead on win countback. Akmuq needs 6th or better.

If Carb gets 17 points, neljack will need 2nd place to keep his lead, akmuq needs 6th or better to stay in the hunt.

If akmuq wins Race 1:
If akmuq wins without a bonus point, carb needs 2nd and a bonus point to stay in front of akmuq, and neljack needs 6th with a bonus point, or 5th or better to stay in front.

If akmuq gets 16 points, carb can't be in front of akmuq no matter what on wins countback, neljack will need 5th with a bonus or better.

If akmuq gets 17 points, neljack will need 4th or better to keep his lead.

Countback:

1st Place: akmuq and carbon both twice, neljack hasn't.
2nd Place: neljack 4 times, akmuq and carbon both once
3rd Place(extremely unlikely): neljack twice, akmuq once, carbon nought.

Prizes:

First in the championship: Any car from the NCD or OCD with a value or 999,999 or less
Second: Any car from the NCD or OCD worth 500,000 or less
Third: Any car from the NCD or OCD worth 250,000 or less

Special Prizes: Any driver who gets 17 points in Race 1 will get a car worth 100,000 or more from 5 drivers.
Any driver who scores 30 or more from the evening will get a rare FT-86 II concept, only obtainable through buying the first DLC complete pack and another paints pack.

The only prize I'm eligible for is the getting 17 points in Race 1 prize, If I come 3rd in the championship, the 4th place man will get a car worth 250k or less.👍

Got it, nice one Ak 👍

Back