Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
hpp-richard-petty-superbird.jpg

cars_widewallpaper_dodge-challenger-superbird_90396.jpg

new_challenger_super_bird_by_nutdeep-d5uf9z6.jpg

Ohhh I'm not worthy... :bowdown:

I want it.

Ladies and germs, the Bells Auren Longnose...

Bell-Aurens-Longnose.jpg

Built by two German Land Rover enthusiasts. Original plans included it being fitted with a 1,500bhp 27-litre Spitfire engine - however, the German road laws people (I don't know I don't live there) declared that this was inherently unsafe, so it's got the traditional Rover V8 instead.

Bell-Aurens-Longnose-fotoshowImage-95c44817-258190.jpg

It was built in 2008, right before the financial crisis... which put a dampener on things to say the least.

Bell-Aurens-Longnose-fotoshowImage-7e937514-258198.jpg

I quite like it.

Two-tone with purple, questionable? It looks good to me. I find nothing questionable about that. EXCEPT FOR THE RIMS. They're too small.

Not just "with purple", the two-tone in itself is questionable as hell. The tasteless purple makes it way worse. Also this:

The rims do not need to be bigger, paint is questionable, spoiler is as well. He also has a bunch of random stickers that I would be willing to bet that they are not sponsors, hell I bet he doesn't even have half those sticker brands in his car.

Questionable.

And the ride height is 4x4-esque, the brakes are stock, the front bumper has been horribly modified, and...

Whatever you say. the stickers at least are fancily placed, not just randomly. I like that.

The wrong thing here is that it has stickers. Hell the choice of car alone is questionable. It's a piece of crap. To the other thread, please.

hpp-richard-petty-superbird.jpg

Ohhh I'm not worthy... :bowdown:

I sadly have to admit I really like how those look. They're absolutely tasteless though, so to the other thread too.

EDIT: got damn that Subaru :drool:

Post the car yourself to the thread if you want then. I don't give a single damn about it. As for suspension and brake, I agree. Perhaps it was not the best choices. At first it looked great and now that you're making the car look bad...you also made me look bad.

Come on. Since you hate the car so bad, just bloody post it. No one is going to get hurt here.

I'm jsut sorry I kept linking bad cars sometimes, in the customs and tasteful mods threads. I just kept finding stuff that I like, but always aware that hundreds or thousands would dislike my ****. I don't feel proud of myself.

I'm jsut sorry I kept linking bad cars sometimes, in the customs and tasteful mods threads. I just kept finding stuff that I like, but always aware that hundreds or thousands would dislike my ****. I don't feel proud of myself.

Eh, It's okay. I love 70s street freak muscle cars and vans which are like the pinnacle of automotive decadence. And while they are absolutely tasteless and really questionable most of the times, I still love them, and their historical context.

I guess. And it's no surprise really that you're dissing that celica - you hate japanese imports. They're no cars to you but plastic toys. But ya gotta respect them sometimes.

I guess. And it's no surprise really that you're dissing that celica - you hate japanese imports. They're no cars to you but plastic toys. But ya gotta respect them sometimes.

Don't assume things. I love japanese cars almost as much as I love muscle cars and hot rods, and know my fair share of stuff about them and the culture that surrounds them. they're my second love after old american cars.

..and me that I thought ya hated Japanese cars. Woopsie.

Lemme put the thread on it's rails again.
384cac44.jpg

Wheels aren't best choice but holy frick that's gorgeous.

But it's the fact you said 'wheels aren't the best choice' made it sound like you didn't even like them anyway.

And in my opinion those look like the sort of wheels a footballer would put on them , just make the car look chavvy.

The wheels, Clark...that's something modified in it, doesn't that count?

Though, the more you look at it with those wheels, it makes you think the car ain't bad looking at all. Well, kinda.

The car ain't bad looking because it's an Aston, not because it's modified. What has been modified on it has made it arguably look worse.

By taht I meant. they're not really the best choice for an aston. But they're decent enough to make it look good. I'm not the wheel master to know which wheels are best. Well, I know some, but mostly very overrated ones. Though about the beemer I linked, good or bleh?

Rear three-quarter reminds me of a C class Coupe.

Eh, It's okay. I love 70s street freak muscle cars and vans which are like the pinnacle of automotive decadence. And while they are absolutely tasteless and really questionable most of the times, I still love them, and their historical context.
I'm you there, though some are really horrible. Shackles, traction bars and all that jazz just make me shiver :D

Latest Posts

Back