Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
SVX
tumblr_nl0nulCeHP1rk4jeco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nl0nulCeHP1rk4jeco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nl0nulCeHP1rk4jeco3_1280.jpg
Can I have it?

...No way...you're kidding me. Finally anotehr car I thought was nearly impossible to find good mods.

Ladies and gentlemen, a Ford Fiesta..Zetec S. And it doesn't look bad either.
modified-Ford-Fiesta-Zetec.jpg

modified-Ford-Fiesta-Zetec-7.jpg

...No way...you're kidding me. Finally anotehr car I thought was nearly impossible to find good mods.

Ladies and gentlemen, a Ford Fiesta..Zetec S. And it doesn't look bad either.
modified-Ford-Fiesta-Zetec.jpg

modified-Ford-Fiesta-Zetec-7.jpg

There's a guy on Pistonheads building a Mk3 Fiesta with 500bhp.

Thread is here...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...i=0&nmt=500+bhp+Mk3+Fiesta+Project&mid=102569

It's an amazing build, with incredible attention to detail, but it's been going on for 4 years and the car's still not on the road yet :lol:

SVX
Having a personal vendetta against a car doesn't make it any less tasteful...

lolwut. :odd:
I do agree, but not liking something can play a big role on how someone views it. Still I wasn't even sure if he ment bad or not :lol:

SVX
Having a personal vendetta against a car doesn't make it any less tasteful...

I've found myself surprised more than one by modified BRZs that look awesome. That one made me contain my vomit in my cheeks. I still hate the car.

I know it's a camber setup. I just nicknamed it as broken suspension as it looks like it's broken and therefore looks like crap.
Its probably about 2 degrees, maybe 3 but thats pushing it. Not alot at all considering some set ups that racers use. It could actually serve a purpose. I doubt the car is speeding around anyways though.

Question though, are you condemning camber as a whole regardless of platform, or just because its used slightly on cars like this?

Its probably about 2 degrees, maybe 3 but thats pushing it. Not alot at all considering some set ups that racers use. It could actually serve a purpose. I doubt the car is speeding around anyways though.

I know that race cars are set up that way for obvious reasons but it's of little to no good on a road car and with the added stretched tyres it just looks awful and it's ruined the car. But hey that's my opinion anyway.

I know that race cars are set up that way for obvious reasons but it's of little to no good on a road car and with the added stretched tyres it just looks awful and it's ruined the car. But hey that's my opinion anyway.
Wasn't talking about pure bred race cars, just people who race their cars in general. It could actually serve a use and could be used to handle better on public roads, is he doing that? Who knows, I don't and I know you don't. Stretch tires is iffy I get that, though.

Wasn't talking about pure bred race cars, just people who race their cars in general. It could actually serve a use and could be used to handle better on public roads, is he doing that? Who knows, I don't and I know you don't. Stretch tires is iffy I get that, though.

Fair point. It could possibly serve a use for handling on roads. But does it need to be that much of an angle? I'm no expert on that sort of set up! And to then stretch the tyres leaving the wheel open for pot hole damage? Seems a bit of a pointless thing to do especially as it's been lowered as well.

I know it's a camber setup. I just nicknamed it as broken suspension as it looks like it's broken and therefore looks like crap.

I know what you were inferring, but it's hardly had enough camber to be given the broken suspension categorization, it's incredibly mild if anything.

Agreed. I have difficulty understanding why anyone would think those modifications are anything other than hideous. The rear wheels aren't even centred in the arches.

Something called like the difference of personal taste or opinion, I think.

Back