• 6,670 comments
5D3_4165.jpg

5D3_4138.jpg

Interior.jpg

Odd choice for rims.

But fits. Nice.

EDIT: Found this just now.
7fc45df8150297490282a065d71e0cbf.jpg

At first it blew me away. Then I kept thinking...is it actually good...questionable...? I am really not sure if I do like it. But with this marvelous shot...I'm gonna risk. Tell me what you think, lads.

mattegray_500297.jpg

Huh. Found this by accident. This is not bad, I actually like. Not sure if it was in russia actually, since the website is.

15-38.jpg

Ooh.

582.jpg

I would of posted this in the custom thread too but, tht'll be later. It's a 2005 corvette, with some parts of a '53. I say he did good, nice.

Last edited:
Odd choice for rims.

Go read about Trans Am, then come back.

7fc45df8150297490282a065d71e0cbf.jpg

At first it blew me away. Then I kept thinking...is it actually good...questionable...? I am really not sure if I do like it. But with this marvelous shot...I'm gonna risk. Tell me what you think, lads.

The Ring Brothers probably produce the most questionable muscle car builds in the entire world. So overbuilt for the sake of, er, nothing really.

582.jpg

I would of posted this in the custom thread too but, tht'll be later. It's a 2005 corvette, with some parts of a '53. I say he did good, nice.

:lol:

By now, you know where you should refer to with those two. I really like the BMW, though.

That C63 is just a stock black series with a Matte wrap. Not really a modification...

EDIT: not even a black series actually haha.

EDIT2: actually, is it? It doesnt have the spoiler or the fins in the front, everything else matches the part though.

I knew I should have NOT took the risk. I failed again.

And woah, wasn't you acting a little harsh about the firebird? Kinda sounded. I was jsut telling about the rims on that nova...They mostly were made for a Toyota Sprinter Trueno or GT-APEX, but surprisingly works for a Nova.

And woah, wasn't you acting a little harsh about the firebird? Kinda sounded. I was jsut telling about the rims on that nova...They mostly were made for a Toyota Sprinter Trueno or GT-APEX, but surprisingly works for a Nova.

They're based on Minilites, a design from the 60's. Late 60's Trans Am racers used a version of them as did a lot of European race cars.

I was jsut telling about the rims on that nova...They mostly were made for a Toyota Sprinter Trueno or GT-APEX, but surprisingly works for a Nova.

The ones you are refering to are called RS Watanabe. Yet...

They're based on Minilites, a design from the 60's. Late 60's Trans Am racers used a version of them as did a lot of European race cars.

Cracker is right to a degree, there are several companies that had this kind of design in their line-ups, the most famous one is arguably Panasport, but then you have Minilite, Watanabe, Empi, heck, even Western jumped in on the action at one time. The 8-spoke wheel has always been asociated with road-racing.

In the case of the wheels on that Nova, it's a contemporary take of the classic 8-spoke wheel made by Vintage Wheelworks, model V48 if I remember correctly, offered in sizes up to 17" and custom offsets.

But it's interesting I never knew those firebirds used those wheel. I'll see what I find here and if possible, post them.

Hm, that was piss easy. You meant this.
JerryTitusTransAm.jpg

Yeah, they look good, I guess. I was not just very fond of them y'know.

But there is one particular car those wheel work best...maybe on a Skyline 2000GT-R too but this beaut.
432flares-blue1.jpg

SAY HELLO TO THE DEVIL.

But it's interesting blah

They aren't the same wheel, they have key differences in their design. The Watanabe spoke is cirved, the V48's straight, the Minilite's is also curved but it's thinner at the end of the spokes where they meet the barrel, and so on. They're all a prime choice for modified vintage cars because basically any car you equip them in will look awesome.

Double post (not anymore), but I just realized this. When you said:

And woah, wasn't you acting a little harsh about the firebird? Kinda sounded

I didn't really understand what you said. Then you posted the picture of the white Trans Am, and I finally caught up.

When I said "go read about Trans Am", I was talking aboutt he Trans-American Championship series, commonly known as just "Trans-Am", a racing series that took place in the late 60s and early 70s, not the Pontiac Trans Am, altough yes, the Pontiac is named after that racing series (in which, ironically, it failed miserably).

Go read about it, see pictures of the cars and their wheels, and get back to me.

Yeah, all those wheels are incredibly similar, but I do think the original, slim Minilites were the first ones, way before the wide barrels that the Trans Am cars used. The damned Panasport and early Minilites are pretty difficult to tell apart unless you read the scripting on the wheel :lol:

That C63 is just a stock black series with a Matte wrap. Not really a modification...

EDIT2: actually, is it? It doesnt have the spoiler or the fins in the front, everything else matches the part though.

I think you can opt not to have the spoilers and fins IIRC...I wonder if Jeremy told that in one episode where C 63 black series was featured.

The spoiler & fins are part of the AMG Aerodynamics Package; it's usually almost always coupled with the AMG Track Package (Dunlop track tires & a bigger transmission cooler).

To be honest, the car doesn't actually belong in the thread, either. Nothing on it, including the factory available matte paint, is modified outside the factory.

Back