• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
I'm really liking this:

copyCL-Photography-TB_MG_7615-web_zps5085c623.jpg

copyCL-Photography-TB_MG_7456-web_zps6d8de085.jpg

copyCL-Photography-TB_MG_7430-web_zps50a66f3c.jpg

Here's a few more I think are awesome

image.jpg

The rims imo make this car possibly the nicest non-Boss 429 1969 Mustang. :drool:

image.jpg

And for anyone who watches Counting Cars, the 1970 Mustang they built is absolutely stunning. :drool:

The Mustang, Torino, and the Audi are awesome! 👍

Looks are a little questionable, but overall I think it's in good taste!

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-1.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-2.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-4.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-7.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-8.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-12.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-13.jpg

modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-720p-14.jpg

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/modified-golden-toyota-mr2-is-a-looker-photo-gallery-61512.html
The damn body kit looks like it was modeled after a Pontiac Fiero GT. The bumper has the be the worst part there is probably about twenty to thirty grand (I'm being nice) in this car and the only tasteful bit is what sits in the engine bay

Borderline. I do like it but I like some over-the-top stuff,but this one might be too much for some people.

How is an official TRD wide kit too much? Compared to what veilside has to offer...

Desktops-Audi-A7-Meeser-PMcG-4.jpg

I really like this A7...
The questionable mods thread is somewhere nearby :sly:

Which is sad cause you usually have some of the best tastes...

Last edited:
Isn't this thread arguably just an amalgam of the Imports (whose content is already stretched past its commonly understood definition) and the Sexy and Mean Cars threads? Thereby needlessly further fragmenting the CIG forum?

No those are factory.

Thank you for saying something, not sure why people think that is some after market bit on trans am road going versions of the pony cars. The Z/28 has them and so did the T/A Challenger as well as the AMC Javelin...

If I remember correctly it was standard on everything other than base model fastbacks and coupes. They actually work too, a lot of people say it helps keep the front end down at speed. But yes many cars had something similar.

No those are factory.
Thank you for saying something, not sure why people think that is some after market bit on trans am road going versions of the pony cars. The Z/28 has them and so did the T/A Challenger as well as the AMC Javelin...

No no no no, I'm not sure you two know who you're talking to :irked: I know those are factory but not every Mustang had them, they were optional, and I think they only were standard in the Boss 302 (I'm not sure about the Boss '9 but most likely yeah, standard), that is why I said they are a mod.

All Bosses had them, Mach 1's had them standard but could be ordered without but otherwise they were optional on everything else. I don't consider it a mod at all especially since it was an factory option on all Mustang models that year.

No no no no, I'm not sure you two know who you're talking to :irked: I know those are factory but not every Mustang had them, they were optional, and I think they only were standard in the Boss 302 (I'm not sure about the Boss '9 but most likely yeah, standard), that is why I said they are a mod.

I know who I'm talking to, doesn't change the fact I've seen you be wrong from time to time and I or someone else has corrected you. Also I gave detail on what cars exactly had them as well, and I could give you years as well. But it's pretty clear what cars have them when someone says road going trans am variant cars (e.g. Z/28, T/A, Boss 302/429/Mach 1, Javelin).

All Bosses had them, Mach 1's had them standard but could be ordered without but otherwise they were optional on everything else. I don't consider it a mod at all especially since it was an factory option on all Mustang models that year.

Yeah but in the case of the very cars posted by @mustang fanatic, we don't know if they came with them or if the owner later added them, that is why I said it could be a mod. For all we know those two could have started their life as commuter Mustangs and ended up being tranformed into what we saw in the pics. Moar info would help.

But it's pretty clear what cars have them when someone says road going trans am variant cars (e.g. Z/28, T/A, Boss 302/429/Mach 1, Javelin).

Talking about Mustangs here, all others irrelevant... and the Mach 1 a street-Trans Am version? Sure 👍

Yeah but in the case of the very cars posted by @mustang fanatic, we don't know if they came with them or if the owner later added them, that is why I said it could be a mod. For all we know those two could have started their life as commuter Mustangs and ended up being tranformed into what we saw in the pics. Moar info would help.

Very true 👍

Or that's how they came...I'm sure if there was more info he'd have given in it.

Talking about Mustangs here, all others irrelevant... and the Mach 1 a street-Trans Am version? Sure 👍

To you maybe but that design is based on trans am, you called it a snow plow which is asinine phrasing and speaks as if you have no flippin idea what you're talking about. Even if you do. Also the Mach 1 was given design cues from TA just like the 429 no where do I say they were used in TA like the 302 but were road going version of the outwardly design. Both the Mach 1 and 429 were considered a mix of both road racing and drag racing.

you called it a snow plow which is asinine phrasing and speaks as if you have no flippin idea what you're talking about. Even if you do.

:lol::lol: you need to read more or something my friend, I can assure you I didn't invent the term "snow plow" for these chin spoilers in my previous post, they have been called that since, well, they were invented. A bit of car culture for ya 👍

It was more like this:

Base 6 cyl coupe: Average, basic Mustang
Base 6 cyl fastback: same as above
Base V8 fastback: Upscaled base 6 cylinder car but with better handling/strengthened parts, front spoiler optional
Grande: Luxury, front spoiler optional
Boss 302: Full blown road racer, front spoiler standard, rear optional
Mach 1: Some luxury from the Grande and a upscaled handling package, not quite as good as the Bosses but better than base, front spoiler standard, rear optional
Boss 429: Oval track car/road racer (fun fact, it has better suspension than the Boss 302), front spoiler standard, rear optional
Convertibles: Came with whatever you wanted

Last edited:
:lol::lol: you need to read more or something my friend, I can assure you I didn't invent the term "snow plow" for these chin spoilers in my previous post, they have been called that since, well, they were invented. A bit of car culture for ya 👍

Where did I say you invented the term? You read far more into peoples post then what is there, you used the term which is from my experience used in a negative way. Why not call it what it actually is a front splitter? Also clearly I read enough to know what I stated in my previous post and be correct.

You seem to think highly of yourself and car culture which is great, but when you have @Slash and I correct you and you rather cast more stones then say "ya got me", your arrogance shows greatly. Hey but whatever, Slash has one upped me a number of times on Ford products and I usually do the same to him on GM and Dodge and I've had no trouble telling him he's right when he is. Oh and by the way he's the one I learned the Ford relation to Trans Am info from so yeah...

Back