Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
I like that 190E except for the wheels and the carbon hood. I think painting the hood and using aerocatches would've been nicer, and CE28s (I think that's what they are) are a little too modern and too "JDM" for the 190. The front splitter also looks a little undersized to actually do anything, but maybe it needs to be small to balance out that minimal rear wing.

Otherwise, it's a very clean example of a quite cool car, and I really like the work under the hood. Nice catch and overflow cans, and that carbon plenum and ITB setup look rad. The use of A/N fittings for everything is usually a good sign, too.

I like that 190E except for the wheels and the carbon hood. I think painting the hood and using aerocatches would've been nicer, and CE28s (I think that's what they are) are a little too modern and too "JDM" for the 190. The front splitter also looks a little undersized to actually do anything, but maybe it needs to be small to balance out that minimal rear wing.

Otherwise, it's a very clean example of a quite cool car, and I really like the work under the hood. Nice catch and overflow cans, and that carbon plenum and ITB setup look rad. The use of A/N fittings for everything is usually a good sign, too.

I understand your feelings about the wheels, but they are one of the best parts for me, i have a soft spot for european cars with some JDM feel. For me, this is what real JDM is all about, a car made for track use with domestic bits and pieces that makes it work, and the final result is something unique. For example, this car uses Nissan VQ35DE pistons and throttle bodies from a Toyota AE101 4A-GE.

I have no problem with the carbon hood, the fibers look so nice, but i wouldn't bother if it was painted. But i guess it would be more money, for a car that is made to have fun on track. The coverage for this car is here. :)

Last edited:
All three are local SoCal cars.
10988273_794834067278007_69125369278170467_n.jpg

10441083_794834203944660_9067874091780263576_n.jpg
@Legro The R32 and Kenmeri are very much legal in the US, even in California. I'm not so sure about the R33 though.

And how many of those are legal? :lol: I'm not too familiar with Nismo models but are the R33 and R32 some of those? I see little badges and stuff.
The R33 might be a Motorex car that was legally imported in the early 2000s. R32 Nismo is legal under the "show and display" rule.

ScheiBe! Das ein gut auto!

(Had to go for a tiny bit of german because this car deserved it. Bloody hell.)

:lol:

That makes me remember my german classes, i used to said that alot. And i think you did some yourself, by replacing the "ss" with the "B". But i think it would be " Das ist ein gutes auto"

And yeah, that car is simply amazing, you got to love Japan!

ScheiBe! Das ein gut auto!

(Had to go for a tiny bit of german because this car deserved it. Bloody hell.)
Yeah, saw that one one as well. The 190E 2.3-16 and 2.5-16 are actually not that expensive. Considerably cheaper than an E30 M3 in good condition. I want one!

/edit:
The more I think about it, the more I want a 190E. However, the regular ones are so mich cheaper than the Cossie engined ones... Considering that I'd love to do some work in the suspension and body regardless, buying a regular 190E with a blown engine seems more sensible.

Swap in an engine with bigger displacement/a turbo. Probalby faster, more reliable and more economic... Aftermarket suspension on top of that and you'd likely still need less oft a buget than a genuine Cossie 190E costs.

Holly crap, I'm getting carried away here... :lol:

Last edited:
May I ask why ?
I guess it boils down to my love of NAs. The license plate frame makes me question it ever being used in any sort of competition, and yet the more obvious modifications are those that I can only justify for track use--overfenders with exposed rivets, homebuilt-looking diffuser, excessive camber (more than I can even see the need for on the track)--I don't think any of them are tasteful but can tolerate them if they're functional. I do like the ducktail, however.

I guess it boils down to my love of NAs. The license plate frame makes me question it ever being used in any sort of competition, and yet the more obvious modifications are those that I can only justify for track use--overfenders with exposed rivets, homebuilt-looking diffuser, excessive camber (more than I can even see the need for on the track)--I don't think any of them are tasteful but can tolerate them if they're functional. I do like the ducktail, however.

I see... And I didn't even notice the plate frame if you didn't mention it.
While I don't understand why he keeps installing performance/ Race inspired parts on it if he is not willing to race it (Or at least he never mentioned doing so), I kinda like what (I think) its trying to be, A somewhat budget And streetable track car

I don't know why, But I have a thing for fenderless Beetles
The-coolest-custom-Heb-Rod-of-all-time.jpg

And this nasty thang ! (No, Its not a beetle)
mazda-miata-mx-5-gets-a-rat-rod-treatment-photo-gallery_4.jpg
What's wrong with fenders? They're both trying way too hard to be something they never will, unless they simply want to get their owners hung. I like the idea of the popout windshield and, while horribly misplaced (wrong car, that is), the nerf bar is gorgeous, I question the merit when the suspension and brakes utilized are factored into the equation. That Miata though...

Anybody spare a rope?

Back