Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
Saw this 599 on Forgiato rims today.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Working at a BMW performance shop, we get some pretty cool stuff in our care. I'll post a few.

This car is familiar to a lot of BMW fans; the owner, who goes by Doctor 3v1l, is well known in the community and on social media. Unfortunately it had a recent encounter with a track wall, but is on the way back to action. The car was recently wrapped in the 3m "Sky Blue" vinyl you see here.

Doctor 3vil gets MCS by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

We put a carbon roof on this car. It's pretty restrained visually, but has a great stance and nice wheels, and has a really nice presence in person.

Alpine White E46 M3 Carbon Roof by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

This is one of my favorites. It's a very well-sorted car, and it's my favorite factory BMW color, Interlagos Blue. Really chill owner, too.

Buttonwillow Track Day 12/7/2014 by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

Here's another one I really like. It's one of the most tasteful cars with full aero that I know of, and yes, it's all fully functional.

Track Ready Silverstone E92 M3 by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

How about an E90 M3 sedan with full aero, good suspension, and everything else? In all black it reminds me of the "stealth" cars in GT. It sees track time, of course, but it was also the owner's daily driver...

E90 M3 Track Beast by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

...because this is his real track car.

E46 Party by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

And finally, I have to post our race car. It's an E92 M3 with a 4.6l stroker motor, Motion Control Suspension, APR Aero, and a rollcage and many other custom parts made by us. In terms of lap times, it's one of the fastest production cars ever to lap Buttonwillow, possibly the fastest N/A M3 in the country, and one of the fastest in the world to have left the factory as a road car.

DSC_2685 by maximstensel, on Flickr

(yes, the diffuser is fully functional, and was set up by actual aerodynamic engineers)

Snowball @ Big Willow by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

Custom intake setup we built in-house. (Using off-the-shelf aftermarket air filters, obviously.) There's normally a big plastic plenum leading to a single airbox. Also kind of visible here is our custom electro-hydraulic power steering pump, which replaces the factory engine-driven pump, freeing up some power and improving reliability on a part that's famous for leaks and overheating from the factory.

Our S65 Custom Intake by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

And a shot of the "office," with the super-trick AIM MXG digital dash, which includes datalogging, telemetry, and GPS lap timing.

MXG Installed by RaceWerkz, on Flickr

The race car will be getting a new paint job or vinyl wrap pretty much as soon as we decide what we want it to look like. It's also back apart for its conversion from a time attack car to a full endurance racing car, including a fuel cell, dry sump oil system, new wiring harness and standalone ECU, revised aero, and more.

Last edited:
When 99% of their product line looks like this, its hard to find anything tasteful. That Benz does look good however.
bentley-continental-white-original-parlaro.jpg

I guess these are alright.
ferrari-612-red-exotic-aggio-1.jpg

Drop the horrible seats and the horrible rollbar on the '32, and yes, that one would be the best one. I'll even allow the idiotic twin-exhaust setup because 32-valver with what appears to be a high-rise intake.

Drop the horrible seats and the horrible rollbar on the '32, and yes, that one would be the best one. I'll even allow the idiotic twin-exhaust setup because 32-valver with what appears to be a high-rise intake.
It's a Northstar, according to the picture title.

It's a Northstar, according to the picture title.

Oh crap, I know what car that is, then. The guy basically fabricated everything minus the block and basic head castings on that engine. It was built in the late 90s. Awesome, I had totally forgotten about that car.

Not a big fan of stanced MX-5s lacking their entire front exterior along with door handles and having a Hot Rodish radiator,
but, eh, i ain't gonna question it.
Won't you mention the horrendous side mirrors ? And i wouldn't call it "stanced" since the owner claims its a drift car.

That last one is no Beetle :lol:
Whoops, I didn't even notice that :P

I don't know why, But I have a thing for fenderless Beetles
And this nasty thang ! (No, Its not a beetle)
mazda-miata-mx-5-gets-a-rat-rod-treatment-photo-gallery_4.jpg

I've seen this before and actually don't hate it. It's not my taste, but they didn't ruin a rare car to do it, and the fabrication work looks sound enough. It's nicely presented, too. It's somewhat strange to me that they used what appears to be an off-the-shelf bolt-on rollbar when they clearly had the tube fab experience to make a bar or cage themselves, though.

And how many of those are legal? :lol: I'm not too familiar with Nismo models but are the R33 and R32 some of those? I see little badges and stuff.

Back