TCR Monday Endurance - 19 november - Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 180 comments
Sign-up list updated.

I had to change the car for Monday 5 november: the 512BB eats its tyres. After 5-6 laps on GT Paddock 7 it gets undriveable. For a 45 minutes race, that would mean 3 or 4 stops.

So, I replaced it by the Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Sign-up list updated.

I had to change the car for Monday 5 november: the 512BB eats its tyres. After 5-6 laps on GT Paddock 7 it gets undriveable. For a 45 minutes race, that would mean 3 or 4 stops.

So, I replaced it by the Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Aaah, I understand, but such a shame, I remember the 512BB combo on Fenton Raceway back in the days ... sooooo much fun! :)

The 512 BB is a difficult car to drive, but it's well worth the effort!

EDIT: on the other hand, tyre management gives an extra dimension on strategy, we had the Demanding Tyre Management combo with DTM cars which was also great fun ...

Last edited:
Hey Turbo!!! I'm in starting from October 22th :)

PSN: gprili
Colour: Dark Blue
N.: 80

nice to race with you again!!

3 or 4 stops would've been interesting imo, maybe some would even drive a little slower & try to look after the tyres for a 2 stop. Could add some great strategy battles to this event.

:)

Aaah, I understand, but such a shame, I remember the 512BB combo on Fenton Raceway back in the days ... sooooo much fun! :)

The 512 BB is a difficult car to drive, but it's well worth the effort!

EDIT: on the other hand, tyre management gives an extra dimension on strategy, we had the Demanding Tyre Management combo with DTM cars which was also great fun ...

First post updated.

Perhaps we could do something later on with the 512 BB.

I don't know Fenton Raceway. Whose track is it? I would be interested to get it.

@VBR: do I sign you up?
@gprili: don't forget the FR to GT_TCR

Some pictures of the previous combo:

TCR_Endurance_02_1.jpg

Nice little car ...

TCR_Endurance_02_2.jpg

Great fight with Dave ...

TCR_Endurance_02_3.jpg

Having some fun in the final turn of the last lap ...

TCR_Endurance_02_4.jpg

Joe knew he was on fire, so he had taken safety procausions ... ;)

Last edited:
@VBR: do I sign you up?

I haven't tried the combo yet, will get back to you once I have. I remember not liking the car much the first time I drove it though.

Great pics again Cob, just gutted I couldn't get on last Monday.

Hi guys, I have been thinking about the remarks concerning tyrewear. Until now, with the cars/tyres we used and with the mandatory pitstop, tyrewear was not an issue. It could indeed introduce an extra element of suspense. So, I suggest that from now on, the pitstop will be optional: you stop if you need to.

I tested yesterday with the Ferrari 458 Italia for the 5 november race. Tyrewear will be an issue. I think the question will be 1 or 2 stops. In order to complete 45 minutes, race will last 28 laps.

Won't be there this Monday. I hope you all have a good race.

:)

can i join your team please for the monday race night? sound's like good fun cheers.

Of course. Please send as soon as possible a Friend Request to

1) turbogeit (will permit you to download the track)
2) GT_TCR (that's the lounge where the race will take place.

I did some testing this week and today.

Alone on the track in my lounge, I drove an 18 lap race with all laps between 2'33.9 and 2.36.0, except the first and the last lap.

From lap 7 on, tyrewear was evident, but by adapting my driving style, I managed not to loose to much time, except in the last two laps (lost 4 seconds in last lap).

So, with no mandatary pitstop, tyre management could play a role in the race.

Someone is getting this error and experience a very very slow network connection with GT5? (error ID= 2:519)

My internet connection is working fine, I have this problem since yesterday but was acceptable. Now is loading forever :ouch:

Can i sign up for this event?
Sure you can! Welcome Mattisiano. The main man organizing this all is turbogeit.

As stated in the first post:
To be clear: New TCR-members, you have to send two FR:

1) to turbogeit
2) to GT_TCR

Please send your FR to GT_TCR as soon as possible and if possible not on the day of the race itself. If the race lounge administrator has to work late on the day of the race, we cannot assure that you will be able to particpate if you send your FR on the race day itself

Race you soon!
Cheers

Sure you can! Welcome Mattisiano. The main man organizing this all is turbogeit.

As stated in the first post:
To be clear: New TCR-members, you have to send two FR:

1) to turbogeit
2) to GT_TCR

Please send your FR to GT_TCR as soon as possible and if possible not on the day of the race itself. If the race lounge administrator has to work late on the day of the race, we cannot assure that you will be able to particpate if you send your FR on the race day itself

Race you soon!
Cheers

First post updated.
i see that the GT_TCR lounge has not been online since 3 days and Jonathan not since 2 days. So, in order not to have the same problem as last week in case Jonahtan has to work late tomorrow,

I suggest that the race will take place in my lounge.

I will pm everybody.

I hope I can race turbo tomorrow, having problems with the game since friday. Cannot access main menu, I don't have the car and the track beacuse I simply cannot let the game work :ouch: I'm starting to be really pissed of with this game and PD :grumpy:

I hope I can race turbo tomorrow, having problems with the game since friday. Cannot access main menu, I don't have the car and the track beacuse I simply cannot let the game work :ouch: I'm starting to be really pissed of with this game and PD :grumpy:

Would it help to try to install the game again?

I'll try to do some things people say here on the forum before reinstall everything...

-change the PS3 IP in my network
-reset my PSN password
-pray before trying to reinstall everything :nervous:

Only a few hours for our next TCR Endurance Monday:

Track: Silo Raceway (by Turbonato)
Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 TC (Stock)
Tyres: Sport Hards
Power limiter: 502 BHP

Looking forward to it! 👍
No skill needed, just respect and gentlemen racecraft.
Try it, you might love it!

@gippone, hope to see you there!

Seems to work now after changing the PS3 IP in my network and resetting my PSN password!!! Fingers crossed 👍

I've downloaded the track and the car is ready... Never had practise on this track so will be fun :) I'll see you in 1 hour and 15 minutes

Last edited:
Disconnected at about 2/3 distance with a 1 minute lead :( (wasn't going to need to pit at all)

EDIT: DC again while watching the rest of the race. Hmmm...bit odd. I very rarely DC. Maybe my connection disagreed with someone elses or something like that, that's happened before with one person (they're not in this).

Last edited:
Here are the results of the GR-R R32 TC race on Silo raceway:

1. Cobrius
2. Gippone at 5.1 sec
3. GTP_eriba at 6.9 sec
4. weescotman at 10.1 sec
5. cobani at 13.9 sec
6. Turbogeit at 17.6 sec
7. sientex at 2:13
8. sickassassin87 at 3+

Disconnected: JoeOfTheFire

Good race guys. Except Joe (who had a big lead when he got disconnected), the others were rather close.

Track revealed to be more difficult than I expected in race conditions. I found it very hard to pass a car that did not make an error.

Was a great race!! After all of my big problems with the game everything went fine for my server connection. I'm sorry that I could not have some training before tonight and I'm big sorry with weescotman for hitting him at lap 6 turn 3. I went on the grass out of turn 2 and was impossible for me to break on the grass and have grip. I went out with him and I was willing to wait for him to get back in track. Also cobrius passed me after that and then I made a mistake later on. I started to understand the track at lap 10 after the pit. Then the situation was going better for me. Great battles with Cobani (something to review in the replay!) and then at the end managed to pass turbo and eriba on last lap at the very end! I knew eriba was on worn tyres so I waited the right occasion to pass him in acceleration before the last slow corners of the track.

I'm sorry for Joe he was pretty unbeatable tonight :ouch:

Well done guys good gamesmanship throughout the 18lap on what was quiet a hard track, lot of the braking points were blind, plus a number of corners lacked curbs so it did take the field some time to get to grips with it.

Myself I didn’t find the car flowed very well on the lap which took a little pleasure out of the event, but the company sure made up for all that, nice to see guys waiting if they got into incidents with a follow member, that’s always good to see 10 / 10 👍

Think we have all had a share of connection problems from time to time and it does alter the outcome, but let’s not take away the fact that it was a good race and 1st and 2nd did very well, shame it wasn’t 16 laps, as I was not able to hold them off any longer, I and my tyres were very tired by then.

It was a good race, although I usually don't like the 4wd cars this one was kind of okay.

I got in a nice rythm after a few laps batteling with Cobani, then the race became a bit exciting when I noticed the leader(JoeOfTheFire) DC'd and two other in front of me was on a different strategy with tires. Luckily I managed to catch up with them.

I like almost every custommade track and this was nice too, credit to the creator. 👍
Also it was good to see some old WSCC racers(Turbogeit, Gprili, Sientex).

If any of you would like to race on Wednesday nights check out ZeroCup. We could really need a few more friendly drivers. It's mostly no tuning with stock cars.

Last edited:
I can only agree with everything said above. 👍
I prefer non-4WD cars to, but the racing was close, so Im not complaining!
Another fun night with TCR ... Always a pleasure!

Compliments to Joe as he is showing who's Boss at the moment.

I liked very much the car and the track.

My problem is still race management. I'm still not able to do the same laptimes in the race as in practice. As usual, I lost a lot of time in lap 1 and after that, I closed the gap to Phill, but once behind him, although I was faster in the first part of the race, I couldn't manage to get a single chance to pass him.

I ruined my race and my strategy by hitting by error the handbrake button on my wheel, what made me loose immediately 7 seconds, and (worse) caused tyrewear, which was responsable for a poor last 1/3 of the race.

BuI really enjoyed it.

Back