TCR Monday Endurance - 19 november - Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 180 comments
Hey turbo for the 458 also will use sports hards? And power limiter? Want to be ready this time to challenge Joe :sly:

Hey turbo for the 458 also will use sports hards? And power limiter? Want to be ready this time to challenge Joe :sly:

Indeed, sports hard tyres. They wear out very fast on GT Paddock!
I still have to check for the PP limitation.

Principle: the limit just under the power you get on a new car with oil change.

EDIT: A new 458 has 574 BHP after the oil change, so limiter will be on 571 BHP

Last edited:
Struggling with this one, 1:36.5 is my best so far. Hopefullx be up to speed by race day lol.

Struggling with this one, 1:36.5 is my best so far. Hopefullx be up to speed by race day lol.

You call that struggling? My best is a 1:38.
On the other hand, I learned to manage the tyres and 1 stop will be ok for a 28 laps race.

Whatever, we have a week and a half to practice, because, I'm not there next monday.

Yeah struggling lol out of 14 laps i think i managed 4 clean laps, the last section of corners are messing me about. But like you said over a week to master this bad boy.

First post updated:

- sign-up open (I already added the names of those who posted lap times)
- added combos to come (until 17 december)

Sign-ip list updated.

I saw that our TCR-friends put online some exciting tracks which I will perhaps use later for endurance races:

- Tupson Hill Circuit 7 (Joylord on GT_TCR)
- Slipstream Pass (Cpt_D)
- Delta Raceway (Turbonato)

Don't hesitate to try them

I've to drop out turbo I'm sorry but I can't race on Mondays :(

I liked very much the car and the track.

My problem is still race management. I'm still not able to do the same laptimes in the race as in practice. As usual, I lost a lot of time in lap 1 and after that, I closed the gap to Phill, but once behind him, although I was faster in the first part of the race, I couldn't manage to get a single chance to pass him.

I ruined my race and my strategy by hitting by error the handbrake button on my wheel, what made me loose immediately 7 seconds, and (worse) caused tyrewear, which was responsable for a poor last 1/3 of the race.

BuI really enjoyed it.

Hi Carl, just been reading back through some of your posts and trying to use my experience whereby by I can make suggestions that may help, especially from the point of view of new members.

It’s a daunting task not only to learn a new track with what every free time someone has now a days, but link that with, let’s take the 458 example 571bhp is no 2CV on sport hard that’s quite a hand full for anyone, plus the pressure of TCR members who know the track well bearing down on you, would to me not make for a pleasant evenings racing.

Something that may help the free flowing of the event, present more in the way of overtaking opportunities is to choose car tyre combo to match the tracks adverse cambers, braking points that maybe on the turn, are just some points that may help. After all what are we looking for at TCR, we want new members to come and join in, have an enjoyable evenings racing and come back for the next one.

Not saying run on RS all the time (I never use them) but pick the combo that if you do push to the limit of your 571bhp in the wrong place it will still break away, I think you get what I’m saying. This upcoming combo is fine in free run, well for me it is but I know the track well, it is a bit like driving on Ice in the middle of a sunny day and I can see it would be a handful for new members to TCR.

This is not a dig, this is something we all need to keep in mind, if we don’t keep bums on seats then TCR will go the way of many others.

Phillip.

I see what you mean, Phill.
But finally, I don't think this combo is too difficult. Once you are used to the car and the track, it feels fine to me.

What I am afraid of is combos that are too "arcade": running touring cars with corner speeds faster than F1 cars. That was what I saw during the last Francorchamps F1 grand prix: Hamilton, Alonso and co were slower in several corners than I was with TC-cars on hard racing tyres.

About the Ferrari 458 Italia. About a year ago, it was tested on the Top Gear track. So, with some friends we tried out on which tyres we were able to beat the Stig. Surprisingly, I had no difficulties (on a track I hate) to beat him on comfort softs. And I am convinced that real fast drivers like JoeOfTheFire could beat that time on comfort hards.

But, I see the point you make. So, I suggest you try out the combos to come and you let me know if for several of these combos you prefer other tyres.

Once you are used to the car and the track, it feels fine to me.

This is the point I was making Carl, to me the combo is fine, but to someone that just wants to jump in and try TCR for the first time, maybe new to GT with a controller wouldn’t stand much of a chance,

“Struggling with this one, 1:36.5 is my best so far. Hopefully be up to speed by race day lol.” Weescotman

And he is used to TCR and being able to adapt, there are always faster gamers, a lot of the real fast guys to TCR are not taking part at the moment, maybe due to life but they will return at some point (GT6) ha, then none of us will get a look in.

I personally don’t mind any combo, comfort hard on Ice if you like, but if we are going to advertise TCR on the thread, we should not think what is good for us, but more so what is good to encourage more members into TCR.
On a Wednesday I try to set a combo with this in mind, making it as easy as I can, look at this week Alfa TZ2 has to be one of the easiest cars in the game at 174bhp on SH /RH at Rome I find the enjoyment comes from fighting the opposition and not fighting the combo.

Jon (joylord) has always said he wants TCR to be a place whereby someone can just turn on their PS3 think where can I find good racing and entertainment for a quick race, I know TCR.

Anyway I’m not trying to say change your combo’s the good guys like the last race will always be 30seconds out front, be it a hard combo or an easy combo till a disconnect comes along, what you set for the combo is up to you, empty lounges are across the board not just TCR, so this is something we all have to address of how to get more members interested in TCR or we’ll be racing tumble weed.

See you on track tonight.

I think the car & tyre combos for this event are some of the best I've seen on GT Planet. Racing the NSX on Comfort Softs was great fun, not too difficult at all, I really enjoyed it. If it was on Sports Mediums or higher, I wouldn't have even tried it.

However, the challenege for me was learning a brand new track in just a week. I simply cannot do it, & didn't enjoy it either. After trying 3 Eifel tracks, the novelty of the generated courses has also completely worn off. I mainly like World Tracks in GT, & shuffle/tuning prohibited racing, gonna stick to that.

Thanks for the fun, & I wish you all the best with your series.

👍

I was nice racing with you VBR. 👍 Cheers.

I personally don't practice for the event, I just show up and try to drive to the best of my ability. For me it's all about having fun with gentlemen drivers.

About the 'I just show up ...', I cannot make it tonight. :grumpy: I'm sorry.

I think the stock settings and flowing tracks make every combo an easy acces event, but that's only speaking for myself. I don't join to win the race, if I have fun finishing 8th, that's okay. If I win, that's also cool! 👍 :)

Have fun tonight gentlemen!

Hi turbo
the 458 is one great car to push to its limit and running it on SH is not fun.
my best time was 136.3 but that took ten laps to do it, consistency does not work with this combo. its impossible to slow the car down. what do you think?

Hi turbo
the 458 is one great car to push to its limit and running it on SH is not fun.
my best time was 136.3 but that took ten laps to do it, consistency does not work with this combo. its impossible to slow the car down. what do you think?

We just discussed it in the lounge: let's change it to Sports Mediums

Results of the Ferrari 458 race:

1. Cpt_D
2. Weescotman at 22 sec
3. turbogeit at 43 sec
4. GTP_eroba at 45 sec.
DNF: turbonato

Edit: First post updated. Sign-up open for 12 november

Next Race: 12 november - Spitfire Circuit (by eriba) - Lotus Elise RM '96

spif.png

Track: Is shared by Turbogeit (if you're not yet on my list, send a FR)

TCR-Lotus-Elise-RM-96-banne.jpg

Car Specifications: Lotus Elise RM '96

- Oil Change - Power limiter: 128 BHP
- Comfort Soft Tyres
- Tuning Prohibited

Last edited:
Next Race: 12 november - Spitfire Circuit (by eriba) - Lotus Elise RM '96

Car Specifications: Lotus Elise RM '96

- Oil Change - Power limiter: 128 BHP
- Comfort Soft Tyres
- Tuning Prohibited

I have to be in on this one! Looking forward to it!
Number #28, Chameleon Orange.

Sign-up list updated.

Don't know yet which tyrewear/fuel settings (2.09) we will use. I still have to test. I will take the setting that will make us hesitate between a stop and no stop.

Three informations:

- Event added to the GT Planet calendar (each monday)
- I thought nobody would remark that the picture was one of the wrong Lotus RM (111R), but Cobani saw it. He sent me a correct picture to replace it. Thanks.
- First test yesterday: 1.38.222

I'd like to join you gents in this series .... I really like the car selection although I'll have to run tracks I've never seen before. I'd like to use my White, Number 17. Hopefully, I'll have the time calculated correctly around 4pm on the East Coast of the US (EST). I think there is a 5 or 6 hour difference between the UK and our east coast. I'll send a FR to Turbogeit :)

Last edited:
Back