TCR Monday Endurance - 19 november - Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 180 comments
Good to see you ANFD, as for the time conversion, I am no wizard at that. :)
But I'm sure that someone can confirm your timetable here at Time Conversion Racing. ;)

Hello me owds! :D

Long time no see how goes it? Been away from GT for a while now, looking to get back into it and couldn't think of a better place to start ;) VBR tipped me off about this Monday enduro you guys got going and I'm there! Skinny tyres and a new track = awesomeness. Not to mention the high caliber racers you hold down 👍

I'll try and get on tonight to add the host PSN. I'll assume for now I can get the track there. Would be good to have a bit of practice if any of you filthy lot are about :)

See you out there chaps!

Welcome Captain Roh and ANFD!

Sign-up list updated, FR sent (shin_roh)/accepted (ANFD)

According to google, there is a 5 hours difference between Dawsonville, GA and London. So, race will take place at 4pm in the afternoon in Dawsonville

Last edited:
Welcome Captain Roh and ANFD!

Sign-up list updated, FR sent (shin_roh)/accepted (ANFD)

According to google, there is a 5 hours difference between Dawsonville, GA and London. So, race will take place at 4pm in the afternoon in Dawsonville

Thank you very much for the confirmation on the time difference. Guess I better see about downloading the track so that I can see what this is going to be like :) By the way, not that its any big deal, but there's a small error in the arrangement of letters in my ID on the Driver's List :dopey:

Thank you very much for the confirmation on the time difference. Guess I better see about downloading the track so that I can see what this is going to be like :) By the way, not that its any big deal, but there's a small error in the arrangement of letters in my ID on the Driver's List :dopey:

Error corrected.

I can't wait for this one!

If you read this and think it might just be fun .... try it!
All gentlemen drivers are welcome! 👍

<<end commercial>> ;)

Gosh damn it! Not sure ill make it home in time for this,.. Just leaving the stables so I'll jump on if I can be ready for half past. No practice mind :/ But I did get the FR so cheers turbo. Hope to catch you all later!

Race results:

1. Cobani
2. Cpt_D at 4.8 sec.
3. Weescotman at 23 sec
4. turbogeit at 58 sec

New track for next week is shared.

Thread will be updated tomorrow evening late.

Good fun tonight gentlemen. Thanks for a great combo Turbogeit.
Epic battle with Cpt_D! :mischievous: Yeah!

TCR_Endurance_03.jpg

Driving my old championship baby, what a lovely car she is ...
Me and Elise get along well :)

Thanks Carl for putting on a great combo :tup:Epic battle indeed Bo, well done on your win and as Will says, a shame there wasn't more to join in the fun, great stuff!

Hi gents, sorry I haven't been around much just trying to sort out life stuff. apologies I can't commit to anything at the moment.

Guys ... I am so, so sorry that I missed the race :nervous: I don't know what happened to my brain ? I had it written down on my calendar and I just overlooked it somehow. Man do I feel stupid (and a bit concerned that I'm losing my faculties) :ouch: I love the Lotus RM and was really looking forward to running it. I'm involved in a couple other series and I just got distracted I guess with them. I feel like I let everyone down, including myself :nervous:

I will be there for the next race or my name isn't ..... um, um ...... what was it again ....um ..... oh yeah, ANFD :)

Here is the new combo. Don't forget to sign up!

TCR Monday Endurance

tcrendurance3.jpg

The Idea: One of our Eifel Tracks + a fine car for a 45 minutes endurance race

Where ?: In turbogeit's lounge (send an FR if it is not yet on your friends list)

When? : Monday Evening - lounge open at 9pm (UK time) - race start at 9:30pm UK

Next Race: 19 november - Rubyway Raceway 6 (by Joylord) - Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08

rubyway.png

Track: Is shared by Turbogeit (if you're not yet on my list, send a FR)

lucernechapelbridge.jpg

Car Specifications: Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08
- Oil Change - Power limiter: 532 BHP
- Sports Hard Tyres
- Tuning Prohibited

Next Race: 19 november - Rubyway Raceway 6 (by Joylord) - Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08

Car Specifications: Lexus IS-F Race Concept '08
- Oil Change - Power limiter: 532 BHP
- Sports Hard Tyres
- Tuning Prohibited

I always love to drive Jon's tracks, but this monday I can't make it :grumpy:, Looks like a great combo Carl and have fun gentlemen.

Anyone around this evening for some TCR tomfoolery? I'm booked in for a meal on Monday night and I was desperate to make this one :( Such a great combo i'd ove to get some races in! This weekend is doable for me too so please give me a shout if you're up for turning a wheel :)

I might hop in the TCR lounge early in the evening, but I cannot make any garanties. Just so you know. 👍

We were only three yesterday evening.
So we did a short 10 lap race.

Visibly, the interest for TCR Endurance is diminishing each weak.
So, I think it's time to have a break.

The Lexus IS-F Concept Racing Car as you know is a car developed for possible entry in the DTM series. These are full fledged Racing Cars. When you purchase this car, it comes with Racing Hard tires. Requiring drivers to use a Sports Hard tire on a racing car making well over 500 BHP creates an event that loses all resemblance of being "a race" and simply becomes an individual challenge of car control. Personally, I think there may be others who view this as I do and that's what keeps people from joining. The best part of racing is the close side by side, nose to tail combat between drivers. When the cars are either out of control or close to it, you do not have the environment to have that kind of racing.

I know there are different views on tire selection and those who want harder tires usually claim more realism and more challenge running the hard type tires. While I agree with this completely, it just doesn't translate to better racing in my opinion :)

With all due respect ANFD, did you actually get the opportunity to drive this car on those tyres IN a race? I understand where you're coming from but the community behind TCR have raced together for years on the comfort and sport combos, the lack of interest isn't down to this one factor trust me :)

I do think its a shame the series is taking a break though, partly because I've only recently been trying to get back into some kind if regular race schedule, but mostly because I know with 100% certainty the races here will be clean and competitive.

One thing I must say though is I found the lack of any mid week or forum activity quite disappointing. In the TCR days of old there were lobbies open on most evenings, not always hosted by the same person but open none the less. I tried a few times to practice these endurance combos but no one was around. Learning the tracks by oneself can be quite a chore, hence my complete lack of enthusiasm for time trials these days. I also think the time slot could be an issue, but maybe that's me.

I really hope TCR can come back with vengeance anyway, I want to hit the tarmac and race with all you guys!! :)

ANFD
The Lexus IS-F Concept Racing Car as you know is a car developed for possible entry in the DTM series. These are full fledged Racing Cars. When you purchase this car, it comes with Racing Hard tires. Requiring drivers to use a Sports Hard tire on a racing car making well over 500 BHP creates an event that loses all resemblance of being "a race" and simply becomes an individual challenge of car control. Personally, I think there may be others who view this as I do and that's what keeps people from joining. The best part of racing is the close side by side, nose to tail combat between drivers. When the cars are either out of control or close to it, you do not have the environment to have that kind of racing.

I know there are different views on tire selection and those who want harder tires usually claim more realism and more challenge running the hard type tires. While I agree with this completely, it just doesn't translate to better racing in my opinion :)

I agree, softer tyres create better battle and closer racing.
I don't have time these day to practice before races, what I do want is one or two awesome races a night not worrying to much about car control.

With all due respect ANFD, did you actually get the opportunity to drive this car on those tyres IN a race? I understand where you're coming from but the community behind TCR have raced together for years on the comfort and sport combos, the lack of interest isn't down to this one factor trust me :)

Yes CaptainRoh, I did participate in the race (for lack of a better term). Since there was only 3 of us, it didn't help :) Weescotman took off with a healthy lead and I was staying with turbogeit. I had to lift suddenly to keep from running into turbo at one point and that was enough to break the car loose and spin off into the grass. By the time the traction had returned to my tires, we were all nicely spread out by about 1/4 mile and we all drove around for the next 9 laps. Notice, I said "drove around", not "race". Controlling the car was very challenging and somewhat fun, but it still could not be considered a race. This car should have run the tires it comes with, racing hards.

However, if TCR has a long standing tradition of running harder than normal tires, then far be it from me to suggest otherwise. I really liked the car selection in this series but will probably have to bow out in favor of a series that favors the racing aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong, I've never been in favor of simply sticking on racings softs. I just think a grade or two softer would make the racing better and place more emphasis on tire management during the race.

I agree, softer tyres create better battle and closer racing.
I don't have time these day to practice before races, what I do want is one or two awesome races a night not worrying to much about car control.

Made me laugh :P

And before we clutter with discussions about which tyres are 'best', remember that there are countless race threads at GTP, all catering for a particular style of driving. TCR is what it is.

It is also a place to pit your wits against some of the fastest and cleanest racers around. There are close battles a plenty 👍

Yes CaptainRoh, I did participate in the race (for lack of a better term). Since there was only 3 of us, it didn't help :) Weescotman took off with a healthy lead and I was staying with turbogeit. I had to lift suddenly to keep from running into turbo at one point and that was enough to break the car loose and spin off into the grass. By the time the traction had returned to my tires, we were all nicely spread out by about 1/4 mile and we all drove around for the next 9 laps. Notice, I said "drove around", not "race". Controlling the car was very challenging and somewhat fun, but it still could not be considered a race. This car should have run the tires it comes with, racing hards.

However, if TCR has a long standing tradition of running harder than normal tires, then far be it from me to suggest otherwise. I really liked the car selection in this series but will probably have to bow out in favor of a series that favors the racing aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong, I've never been in favor of simply sticking on racings softs. I just think a grade or two softer would make the racing better and place more emphasis on tire management during the race.

I heard about the poor turnout, doesnt help matters much! Personally I enjoy the challenge of harder tyres, most guys here are capable of running very close in hard fought battles its a shame you didn't experience any. I know mistakes can happen though, and almost running into the back of someone can be hazardous lol. I like the fact that on less grippy tyres youre forced to drive not only on reactions but 3 steps ahead as well. Kind of almost hesitant but at 100% throttle lol. Its a buzz. Hope we get to race some time 👍

I am interested in doing some of these, any issues with people watching the events to see how they are run?
It is a 8:30am start here but I can just be late for work :)

Last edited:
Back