Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,571 comments
They fixed global illumination on PS5.

indeed it's a bit better

Edit : just launch the game to see what was the solar pass, seriously ??? low cash and stickers /cosmetics ???
This one is free, but I never pay for something this bad and pointless, even free I felt cheated

This is a nightmare

Last edited:
I don't have too much of a problem with the game being online for a while as long as Solo driving Vs. A.I. would be do-able not too far from now.

Last edited:
Great, so on the PS5/XBSX it went from looking like a PS4 game with broken lighting to looking like a PS4 game. I can't believe how low-quality that still looks, esp. compared to a modern AAA title like The Crew Motorfest or even an indie title such as CarX Street.

Is it any better on PC today? Especially considering I can run both The Crew Motorfest and CarX Street on a ROG Ally with decent settings and get 60FPS?

Is it any better on PC today? Especially considering I can run both The Crew Motorfest and CarX Street on a ROG Ally with decent settings and get 60FPS?
No

Has drops to 30 in the rain race, 40 in wet areas or in races. 50- 60+ in normal free roam.

This is at 1440p 60 lock at ultra with DLAA on a Ryzen 5 5600, RTX 4070Super, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Ram on a 1 TB WD Black NvMe.

The recent update only increased the frequency of the drops and introduced new stutters in "social areas" like the HQs and dealerships where you walk around.

Last edited:
The real question is : could the game be saved ?
Regarding my experience on PS5, I've stopped playing it, I will boot it again when some other patches landed and when Ibiza will be out, so in december...

Off topic, but I found the upgrade system completely off, bases cars are pretty good, but once it gets upgrades you loose the "identity" and it feels generic, what do think of it ?

Well...about Nacon,its on sale
The source is from a french article:
I use the automatic translation of firefox
1006005659.jpg

Last edited:
If they know it's a failed launch I wonder what they were expecting? In terms of player numbers it did a lot better than I expected.
They may have had high expectations due to the history of the series and then inflated the numbers to secure investments. And then they overestimated their technical capabilities and completely ignored the negative feedback from the demo and their decision to go pvp only.

And it's not like they made a small mistake that happened to have big consequences, or an unfortunate event of some sorts. This is a massive cluster**** on multiple fronts. They didn't meet the bar of previous TDU titles, they didn't meet the bar of other current games (hell, they even got outclassed by a friggin' mobile-to-pc title with knockoff cars sold for a bargain-bin price), they botched the launch, they're likely not able to fully fix their performance issues, and then we read above about their finances, it's just one big ball of management failures.

I just hope it doesn't affect some of their other titles that are in the works. I'm kind of interested in that terminator game they've just delayed to 2025.

Latest Posts

Back