TH8 RS Shifter Thread!

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 1,971 comments
I while ago I got tired of my shifter squeaking, so I just shifted to using sequential mode (where it didn't). Lately that started squeaking, so I bought a big tube of Valvoline auto lube from Walmart for 4.00 dollars.

First thing I noticed: it didn't squeak anymore in 7 speed mode. LOL. But I proceed to put gobs of lube on any potential area of conflict I could find. Nothing. Still squeaked in sequential mode. Turns out it was the little spring that's attached to the sequential ring that needed some.

Anyways, with every possible thing now lubed to the max, thing is butter smooth and no more squeaks.

wrap it in a paper towel (the shaft), squeeze it tight in the vise, it'll come right off no problem by hand. It seems it's always JUST a little too tight. That's why the shafts I sell have the hole in them so it's not covered by the knob.

wrap it in a paper towel, squeeze it tight in the vise, it'll come right off no problem by hand. It seems it's always JUST a little too tight. That's why the shafts I sell have the hole in them so it's not covered by the knob.

Basherboards TH8 RS shaft come with a hole in them for removal.

Last edited:
wrap it in a paper towel (the shaft), squeeze it tight in the vise, it'll come right off no problem by hand. It seems it's always JUST a little too tight.
I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, but I've already tried getting it off using a paper towel, but the shaft simply goes around with the knob inside it. Plus I don't own a vice (/vise). :indiff:

I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, but I've already tried getting it off using a paper towel, but the shaft simply goes around with the knob inside it. Plus I don't own a vice (/vise). :indiff:

Do you own some locking pliers? That would work instead of vice.
Paper towel around the shaft, locking pliers to pinch it and hold it in place while you turn off the knob from the shaft.

Just got this from RightonGates.com - Very fast shipping, ordered 2 - one for a mate and split shipping.
I like it a lot. thank you Patrick
IMG_6951.JPGIMG_6927.JPG

Just got this from RightonGates.com - Very fast shipping, ordered 2 - one for a mate and split shipping.

Now that caught my eye, very nice plate.
Thanks for posting this Hwangm.

-----------------------------
Just spent sometime on the site, this is very high quality stuff.
The plates are actually dome shaped like the TH8 RS H-shifter plate, not flat.
Gates have very nice smooth edges too.
How long have these been around?

img_0015.jpg

Last edited:
Now that caught my eye, very nice plate.
Thanks for posting this Hwangm.

-----------------------------
Just spent sometime on the site, this is very high quality stuff.
The plates are actually dome shaped like the TH8 RS H-shifter plate, not flat.
Gates have very nice smooth edges too.
How long have these been around?

img_0015.jpg
these have just surface recently (couple of weeks a go) when I saw the announcements at ISR tv, ordered one straight away. yes they are dome shaped and smooth edges , most importantly for me 5 gates and black.

testing it for a little bit today and I love it -

Those are damn nice! Not horribly expensive either. He needs to take over the shaft making process as well. ;) I can't keep up and hate turning people away. :(

I sent him a message to see if he'd be interested in making the shafts. :) If he has a CNC lathe and the time, it'd work out better for customers in the long run.

Last edited:
Those are damn nice! Not horribly expensive either. He needs to take over the shaft making process as well. ;) I can't keep up and hate turning people away. :(

I sent him a message to see if he'd be interested in making the shafts. :) If he has a CNC lathe and the time, it'd work out better for customers in the long run.

Any news on my shafts my friend? :)

CAn't wait to get them, woot woot.

Nice! All we need now is a proper shifter boot.
Rubberized or leather bag, what do you think? :)
boot.jpg

I've made my own bag (no leather though), but it accidentally got stuck in the shifter so I have removed it again. You don't have this problem with the rubberized bag, but I like the leather bag more.

these have just surface recently (couple of weeks a go) when I saw the announcements at ISR tv....

LOL, that's why I missed them, haven't watched many episodes of As the World Turns ISR recently. :sly:

Anyway, the craftsmanship on the plates are awesome, I am sure they will sell boatloads. 👍 👍

Last edited:
Glad you like your new plate Marcus. Anytime.

Have you thought about adding a sequential plate to your line?

If you could do one that has a tactile "click" at end of the stops it would really improve on it.

My number one gripe with the TH8 RS I have dedicated to sequential is that.

Patrick I emailed you, can you make me a sequential plate in polished silver like the 6 speed? I have two TH8 and the black sequential plate looks like crap. Thanks

Thats a very good idea, don't care much for the black plastic.

Last edited:
Back