The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Nard%C3%B2_ring.jpg

article-0-13B2BC81000005DC-697_964x543.jpg

article-2162085-13B2C9FC000005DC-822_964x1036.jpg

It's a feat most able-bodied people would struggle to achieve - scaling one of the highest peaks on the planet. Spencer West managed it using just his hands.

The 31-year-old, from Toronto, Canada - who lost his legs when he was just five years old - reached the summit of the 19,341ft high Mt. Kilimanjaro on Tuesday after a slow, gruelling and awe-inspiring trek.
Mr West was born with sacral agenesis, a genetic disorder that left his lower spine poorly developed and his legs permanently crossed. He had his legs removed below the knees at the age of three and, two-years-later, had them amputated to below his pelvis. Medical experts told the courageous Canadian he would never be a functioning member of society but he has continued to defy doctors his entire life.

He trained for a year to scale the tallest peak in Africa without legs and set off on June 12 with best friends David Johnson and Alex Meers. The trek to the top took seven days, hiking through Tanzania's jungles, snowfields and deserts - and Mr West was forced to make 80 per cent of the journey on his hands, only hopping in a custom-made wheelchair when the terrain allowed. The trio made it to the final approach on Sunday and rose the following morning for the ascent to Uhuru Peak. They reached the top at 11.15am after a exhausting seven hour hike.

Dude, did you read the quote? Please tell me you didn't, so I can assume your post was a honest mistake.

Sjeez, people, lighten up here. Of course I read the quote. It's not the end of the world.

2 pictures taken, and both times he stands in a hole.

:lol:

I'm a cruel person, you know. I'm a troll and an @$**ole. A pain in the world's giganormous neck. Just the fact that I laughed at this confirms it.

But dude, this was the most wrong thing I've ever seen.

It wasn't remotely funny or anything. Ignorant of his achievement.

I giggled. About my own comment. So it was funny. Not about his disability. And yes it is a great achievement. But come on. Lighten up here.

I'm a cruel person, you know. I'm a troll and an @$**ole. A pain in the world's giganormous neck. Just the fact that I laughed at this confirms it.

But dude, this was the most wrong thing I've ever seen.

I laughed too, but I do agree.

Hypocrites! :lol:

Ok ok, I made a boo boo. I wont do it again. Now everybody roll your e-penis back in, so I can't step on it again.

So, if anybody is still a bit sore between the legs, here is a happy place for you to go to.

The+Daily+Stash12.jpg

The+Daily+Stash14.jpg

Last edited:
Just so you can tell how much your previous comment about that man's disability was unfortunate, I have a comment about those 2 pics you posted: basic shot with a polarizer. Lame composition, and on the 2nd one, even the horizon is crooked.

There. I hope you feel like crap now.

Post something really amazing and/or cool.

There. I hope you feel like crap now.

Post something really amazing and/or cool.

Yes. Now my entire world falls into pieces. Because someone, who I don't know, still wants to cry about something I already apologized for.

Do you want some kudoos for your effort? A cookie maybe?

Back