The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
I love going to Niagara Falls and finding out more about the history that surrounds it. I finally found out what the boat/barge is doing at the top of the falls, pretty interesting place, and thats definitely a cool picture! 👍

Hope this hasn't been posted before. I searched the last 10 or so pages and didn't see it.

Too big to post the original file. That's the highest resolution I have.

I love going to Niagara Falls and finding out more about the history that surrounds it. I finally found out what the boat/barge is doing at the top of the falls, pretty interesting place, and thats definitely a cool picture! 👍

I went to college about 20 mins from the Falls... awesome place to be and even better when you take teh Maid of the Mist boat. Not so nice in winter, though.

TB
*removed photos*
PhD student Tao after facial plastic surgery to remove a massive facial mole, left, taken on Sept. 23, 2009 and before the surgery, right, taken on March 24, 2008, both in the hospital in Hangzhou in east China's Zhejiang province.

No lame superhero mask jokes, please.

How about Phantom of the Opera jokes? :D
That is incredible work done by the surgeons though 👍

Hope this hasn't been posted before. I searched the last 10 or so pages and didn't see it.

Too big to post the original file. That's the highest resolution I have.

It should be a casing flying off, but why does it look like it still has the bullet intact?

It should be a casing flying off, but why does it look like it still has the bullet intact?

I think its just the movement. Most shells have a little flare at the the tip so it looks like the bullet is still in there.

small bullet with a large cartridge of powder behind it, the casing is necked down to the size of the bullet.

Yep. Most assault rifle shells are necked down to the bullet.

5.56_x_45_mm_NATO.jpg

I find your intricate knowledge of assault rifles disturbing
So why would you be disturbed by his knowledge of assault rifles?
It could be his hobby like so many have with guns and ammo. Nothing wrong with that and is quite interesting. 👍
No different than me liking to shoot people multiple times up their back with my 1300 dollar paintball gun in a tournament. Is that disturbing?
It's fun like any hobby that most of us have and enjoy.
I shoot people legally and I'm sure most that have a knowledge of firearms are the most safe with them in their hands. 💡

Those old/new photos on the previous page are great, Tom. The one of the dad with his hand on his daughter's head is probably my favourite - made all the more amazing by things like the pictures on the wall and the lamp in the background not having been moved or replaced in all that time.

I find your intricate knowledge of assault rifles disturbing

What I know would probably make you 🤬 your pants.

Pistol calibers can also be 'necked down' as such the case with the .44-40, the FN 5.7 and the .357Sig.

FN 5.7
fn57-1.jpg

I just love that lightning pic! 👍

That eye picture is awesome, I always wanted one of my own. I use to stare at peoples eyes when I was high, just because it tripped me out and said so much about a person (probably tripped out the ones I didn't ask too :lol: ). Back then, my eyes were blue with green specks, then the specs when away, I later found out the specks were because of my drug use...CCOL!!! :D 👍

Why's the barrel exit so small?

It fires a bullet that is 5.7mm in diameter.

Gun: Fabrique National de Herstal Five-seveN

Ammunition: 5.7x28mm

Just a brief bit of background on the weapon. The FN Five-seveN was developed to be a companion weapon to the P90; ie, both weapons use the same ammunition. The weapon was also probably developed by FN to have another weapon in their catalog that fires the 5.7x28mm ammunition, as that caliber was developed by FN.

Latest Posts

Back