The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,785 comments
Is it only me or is TCM very well polished in terms of bugs?
The only bug I noticed so far, is sometimes when restarting a race with an electric car, the car sound is missing. Usually just for a few seconds. But otherwise no crashes or any weird stuff. I runs extremely well on my PC.
In my personal opinion, when it comes to the basic gameplay of Motorfest, I think there are few major or fatal bugs.
However, unfortunately this is not the case with livery editor.

• When the game crashed, the livery I was editing at the time was lost, even if I had saved it before the crash.
  • On cars with the above bug, the bug will continue to occur where unapplied liveries will be lost when the game is restarted.
  • There is a bug where the cursor does not move in local decal groups, and you cannot select local decal groups other than the first one.

These are all posted on the official discord support channel, and I myself experienced them all in one day.

As mentioned above, there are almost no major bugs related to basic gameplay other than the livery editor.
But these bugs have made the features I was most looking forward to unplayable for now...

Im not overly into the Crew's soundtrack, so Ive put together my own House and DnB selections as an alternative:

DnB mix is in my signature below (both are a couple hours long)

1st Summit wasnt all that competitive - finished in 2600 without any legendary affixes on my vehicles. Also, 5 likes in Custom Show give me platinum reward(blue tire vanity).

Anyone thought about starting a thread showing all the different hidden areas like rooftops and the ramps etc to get there, or driveable under building areas? I noticed there is some dome thing on top of a high rise in Honolulu with bikes zipping around it but I haven't been able to work out how to get there, other then maybe a super accurate plane drop.

Just can't get a grip on the driving physics. I also can't understand reviews calling the physics a mix of sim and arcade. It feels totally arcady with a weird take on initiating the drift.
I absolutely cannot stand how cars go into a "drift mode" instead of letting you ride the edge of traction in corners.

I found that the only way to avoid this is to keep your rpms as high as possible in corners. You can't feel nearly enough from the cars suspension or road for it to be simcade.

They also need to add the option to completely turn off nitrous oxide in event races for both you and the AI.

Nothing better than making a really nice pass than hearing the AI stomp on his nitrous for a full burst.

Yes the Summit wasn't that hard for me too. But you still needed to be in top 10%. When the first car come as a Platinum will be a different story.
Also had no clue the Custom Show has Platinum too. That was a nice surprise.

2f19c935-8ae5-40a1-bafd-256d3e8b9f02.PNG

Loved the Beta and loving the game even more now. Tons of things to do, event presentation, car prize clip, custom events, Custom Show, insta fast travel, multi class Goliath, almost perfect map and better handling. Just to name a few. My favorite Crew already and second only to Horizon. Solar Crown will need to show something special because Motorfest is really good and will only get better.
Oh and is still a Crew game. With all the bad things too. Grinding for literally everything is just too much.

Anyone thought about starting a thread showing all the different hidden areas like rooftops and the ramps etc to get there, or driveable under building areas? I noticed there is some dome thing on top of a high rise in Honolulu with bikes zipping around it but I haven't been able to work out how to get there, other then maybe a super accurate plane drop.
Please do so. Seems like an interesting topic.

I absolutely cannot stand how cars go into a "drift mode" instead of letting you ride the edge of traction in corners.
But driving on the edge really works, imho. You just have to get TC and ESP to your liking and unfortunately adjust it for probably every car. I was farming parts with the old Mustang, the one which gets you 30% XP. It can be quite a bitch, but it feels very rewarding driving through a corner right at the edge of grip. And if you get it right, you can really feel the sharp dance around grip level without going to a full drift. But that usually only works if you know the track in and out, and don't have to fight AI ramming into you.

For the Mustang I used TC = sport and ESP off. Only ABS on, which should be always on anyways.

I'm playing with ABS: on, ESP: off, and TCS: Sports.
My style is more about fun than speed, but some RWD cars on the dirt are very slippery and often lose control with stock settings, so I countered that by setting them to a strong understeer setting.
Naturally, this car tends to understeer, making it difficult to turn corners, but by momentarily applying the handbrake to trigger a slide, I can drive through the dirt with a stable slide similar to an AWD car.

So the cars I see that say "exclusive to The Crew 2" are only available to people who played The Crew 2? People like myself who are new to the franchise can't get them?

So the cars I see that say "exclusive to The Crew 2" are only available to people who played The Crew 2? People like myself who are new to the franchise can't get them?
You would have to earn them in The Crew 2 and then use the export feature (on the Motorfest settings).

As my brother bought the game, I decided to give it a crack because it'd be no loss to me. Within the first 5 minutes of gameplay it was obvious to me that jumping in from one car to another would be an issue. I started off with the 911 playlist and it didn't take long for me to run into trouble with the physics. In the third event with the 964 Turbo, I struggled to find consistency with the handling, leading to some strange moments where the car would go from understeer to oversteer far too quickly. The brakes honestly felt like mush at times, failing to slow the car down in the way I expected. I decided to look at the options menu to see if I could fix the problem, and thankfully, I discovered that the steering, throttle and braking parameters could be adjusted. I had them all set to "precise" and changed the steering deadzone to 0. This eventually helped me clear the event, however in the next one with the 911 GT1 Strassenversion, the settings that I had didn't work as well. I made some further adjustments and after some more stuffing around, I was able to get the handling sorted and, to my horror, I began to enjoy the game. Oh dear. Anyway after the 911 playlist I drove around the island for a bit in my new Carrera 4S and modified my Mustang. I will be going back to it today for some more fun stuff because I need a break from Forza 4 and Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Unfortunately, at least that's currently the case.
But some cars, like the Roadrunner, indicate they'll be available for purchase in a few dozen days in purchase menu, and other exclusice cars perhaps they'll re-release them later at Motorfest as Summit/Main Stage prizes.

Last edited:
Those are Summit and Motorpass prize cars. Now Motorpass cars will be available for purchase. Summit cars however you will have to win them trough Summit and Main Stage.

Some available in tC2 for in game cash and will be available for in-game money in tCM since December(?). Some not available in both games, but will be in future(as rewards/for cash). I am currently working on my carlist video and GTP carlist update with availability chart.

I am confused, maybe I don't have many hours in the game but how are you guys getting high scores in the Summit? I just buy the cars and don't really have the upgradeable parts to have the best car available. I guess it's all a matter of how much you are playing.

I am confused, maybe I don't have many hours in the game but how are you guys getting high scores in the Summit? I just buy the cars and don't really have the upgradeable parts to have the best car available. I guess it's all a matter of how much you are playing.
Got 1 million points by upgrading cars to max with at least one Pure affix on each part. Which means a lot of races and short escapes. In addition many times repeating each event in Summit to get 100k points. Basically you need a perfect run.
Yes, to get Platinum you are either an alien or like many you need to play a lot. Skills are also important. Platinum means top 10% of all players.

You need upgraded cars. They gave some time to grind for gold legendary parts with the first summit car coming next week.

It’ll just be pretty hard for regular players with platinum only being 10k across all platforms. It was like that much for ps4 alone in TC2.

Last edited:
I didn't think I'd enjoy this game as much as I have soo far. If you ignore all the drawbacks (particularly when it comes to using your own cars in playlists), it's actually a fantastic open-world racer. I wasted quite a bit of time just driving around in my Mustang, which I am totally smitten by. There are a lot of interesting places on the map, some of which aren't even marked properly. You can access the marina at Waikiki and the many paved piers around Pearl Harbour, making for some great photos which I will share soon. What does annoy me is the small space between Hanauma Bay and Diamond Head, but I suppose a compromise had to be made somewhere. Still, I'm really pleased with the game so far because it's exceeded my expectations.

1mil doable without affixes at all. You need to perform 120+k with skills and 100k with ZL1.
It's doable, if you are good. I'm definitely not that good. So an average player like me needs affixes.
Like that one youtuber who didn't use metas because he could score 130k using other cars. Like, off course you don't need a meta car for Platinum, you are fast enough already. Meanwhile I'm celebrating because I finally got 120k after 20 times repeating the same race with all the perks.

Wow I don't even have the game (played the 5-hour trial) and I'm still checking this thread. Thanks for posting the Prime-Ubisoft partnership content link. I always forget about Twitch gaming or whatever it's called now.

Man I'm gonna feel real dumb if the price doesn't drop by Black Friday because other than that, I got no reason not to get this game right now. Like others have said, I was shocked how much I enjoyed the game after playing the trial.

Back