The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,775 comments
I'm also not enjoying being forced into the car showcase area every time I boot the game; can this be changed in the settings somewhere?
Afraid not. From what I can tell, as soon as you press "Continue" in the main menu, you're sent to the Activities Menu. If you press B/Circle to get out of that menu, THEN you're sent to the car meet spot. I usually hit Select right after pressing "Continue", so I can go straight to the map and fast travel wherever I want.

Here's hoping Ivory Tower is working on improving optimization for the game. It plays fine in Xbox Series X and PC (my preferred mode due to responsiveness) but the frame rate dips and stutters are noticeable. And on PC it clearly does not use the graphics card to the fullest, unlike FH5.

Also, is the dirt race event in the showcase broken somehow? Even after winning (almost impossible due to the rubber banding of the lead car) I cannot score more than 4,000 points!

The Summit dirt race called The Dirt (more like The Dirty :grumpy:)
It's working on XBox. At least my friends list seems normal. And as long as you finish top 3 only times matter. Maybe you used rewind to get first? If it's a bug you must be really unlucky.😢

Edit:
@GTvsForza in the Lamborghini playlist 'Achieving Immortality' is also a 1,5 minute race.

Last edited:
There's Hummer E-Xpress and Kiss Me Kombi. Those Reward good parts in only a minute and a half.
Yeah, I know that very well. But in terms of parts, Peacock is currently most effective.
And KMK only works fast for fast cars. Peacock is even more effective for Rally, Rally Raid etc.
And my comment about rewind was in regards to using Peacock, which is about drive 10 sec. rewind, drive 10 sec. rewind...

Last edited:
Here's hoping Ivory Tower is working on improving optimization for the game. It plays fine in Xbox Series X and PC (my preferred mode due to responsiveness) but the frame rate dips and stutters are noticeable. And on PC it clearly does not use the graphics card to the fullest, unlike FH5.

Also, is the dirt race event in the showcase broken somehow? Even after winning (almost impossible due to the rubber banding of the lead car) I cannot score more than 4,000 points!
I think that AI was probably intentionally designed to aim for a high score in drafting using this AI.
Although I didn't get a very high score, it would be best to use AFFIX to reduce deceleration on gravel, and an AWD rally car like the Ford Fiesta.

Peacock rocks just to climb to max parts levels quickly. I already have all land vehicle disciplines at the max part level except for demolition derby and motocross. I will do those tomorrow first prio since we all expect that this will be nerfed really soon. 😅

Thanks all, I figured out that you get penalized for rewinding, so it's not worthy against the &%$#!!! cheater AI. I settled for 2nd place and about 30,000+ points.

133.535 players qualified for Summit(4h till end), 21.172 from Xbox. Not sure how much needed for Platinum, guess something <1.000.000 which is doable with green parts. I am at 2700 with 1.042.000

133.535 players qualified for Summit(4h till end), 21.172 from Xbox. Not sure how much needed for Platinum, guess something <1.000.000 which is doable with green parts. I am at 2700 with 1.042.000
I fell out of platinum but went to a hockey game instead of pumping it up tonight. The next summit with a car reward is gonna be sweaty.

I just saw I finished 11,024 on TC2 ps4 summit.

Last edited:
I'm also not enjoying being forced into the car showcase area every time I boot the game; can this be changed in the settings somewhere?
I don't mind starting at the central hub. It's what I did with Forza Horizon 5 because the houses are useless.

Last edited:
Was expecting something a little bit more to be honest. One Legendary part as Summit prize? And it's random too... Back to Peacock I guess. 😂
Custom Show prizes were kind of lame too. You can buy the Sparrow suit for 21k.
3b028edd-d11e-49f1-893c-90b475357ef2.PNG

My rating for Motorfest at this point is that it's an unpolished diamond.

The physics aren't as good as Horizon's, but they're incomparably better than TC2's and are a lot of fun to drive.
The graphics are good enough even on older generation consoles like the PS4, and there are no issues with fps drops or anything like that.
This alone is enough for me to love this game.

However, the interface design is worse than TC2, and important features like map filtering are still missing or worse than TC2.
There are also many points missing from the game modes, such as the stunt style events and pursuit style events and service event that existed in TC2.
And some features, like the livery editor, have serious bugs.

But if they fix this with an update, this game will definitely surpass TC2, become one of the great competitors to Forza Horizon, and one of the best open world racing games out there.

1) I think you should get money for the first reward. I got bronze and really don't care for the gears. I guess I can use it to buy gears to better my cars.

2) I think we need another race track placement on the map or in the form of DLC. I find that we have 1 track that we keep using for the racing.

1) I think you should get money for the first reward. I got bronze and really don't care for the gears. I guess I can use it to buy gears to better my cars.
This week Summit is all about Iron Grip affixes. Those gears were pretty useful to spec the parts for Iron Grip.
2) I think we need another race track placement on the map or in the form of DLC. I find that we have 1 track that we keep using for the racing.
They added several tracks to TC2. And they could use the main stage track too. It will probably feature more in future playlist.

I had a huge survey in the email regarding Motorfest. Took around 20min.

One question was what to expect for the future and I put a wall of text in the "Other" field on the bottom below all the options to choose from ^^

Last edited:
I made it through the last summit with platinum just below 1.000.000. But I didn't care much because the rewards were all meh..

I guess for the current one you'll have to be quite a bit above 1.000.000 points. Well, good thing I'm >1.200.000.

Anyone else don't really care for the green portion (Exploring)? lol
Not once I unlocked fast travel :cheers: there is plenty to do and a lot to upgrade so I wont waste the time for now I heard it spoils starfield you can fast travel so much going to another planet feels like going down stairs :mischievous:

I've already given up on this, I haven't even reached level 3 yet but it's taking so long to get there and there's zero motivation to do so. What's the point in letting you buy cars if you never get to use them in events? It's always loaned cars. Don't even get me started on the awful AI voice and the endless talking during races. Luckily I only played it on Ubisoft+ so it's not like I've lost a lot of money.

Super disappointing considering how much I enjoyed The Crew 2.

Last edited:
Back