The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
Had my first texture glitch today after the new patch that was meant to fix it, instead it seems to have given me that issue when it was fine before. it took around 5 seconds for it to pop in, even though I was standing right on it and my fps counter read 60 :odd:

EDIT: Now having crash to desktops galore. Had it 4 times in the past half an hour. I save every 5-10 minutes but it's like having constant rolebacks when it keeps doing this just walking on roads. It's usually when an event is triggered like a thief or some bandits confronting you that it happens.

Last edited:
My game glitched huge today (PS3). After finishing "The Forsworn Conspiracy" the game refused to let me start the next quest in the series. Then, when I went back later the game had deleted my save.:ouch: Now I have to start again.

They released the 2nd patch today (1.2) for Skyrim and typical for Bethesda, there are problems with the patch. The problems are mainly associated to those that use fire resistance and other magic.

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/28/skyrim-1-2-update/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1297729-update-12-live-usa/

Glad you are enjoying the game and hopefully you enjoy my tips. They will make your character much better. 👍

Looks like some people are also reporting dragons flying backwards. This and the magic resistance bug that got introduced with the patch... I wonder if they even have a QA department...

I had my first system lockup last night with skyrim. (ps3). Had to reboot but could not bring myself to play again of fear of losing my game save file.

I had my first system lockup last night with skyrim. (ps3). Had to reboot but could not bring myself to play again of fear of losing my game save file.

Just do what I do with every Bethesda game. Aside from regular autosaves, I also have two "normal" saves and alternate between each one. For example Save 1 and Save 2. Whenever I press save in the menu, I save onto the bottom file on the menu... After I save the game, that save becomes the first save file on the menu.

I am at 94 hours and level 28. With about 890 saves (6 save files)

I decided to dl the patch (1.2) anyway last night. So far everything has been working very well. Graphics have been improved for sure especially on the characters hands. Instantly noticed that.

I went to Riverwood where the 7 dragon bone bodies were glitching and bouncing all over the town, those have been cleaned up. Also several of the NPC bodies like the Blacksmiths wife have been cleaned up and are gone now. Which helped the frame rate in that town big time. So my experience with the patch has been positive. The only strange thing I noticed was the dummy in my Riften house was standing in the hallway instead of being on his stool. That was a bit creepy but other than that it seems to be running well. But I also didnt fight anyone last night. So my opinion might change after a some battles.

I did have 1 dragon battle last night (frost shooting dragon) right when I entered Riverwood and I was able to suck its soul. It was not flying backward. So far patch has been good to me.

Last edited:
I have one save file like that but your right, I should get 2 going. Thanks

No problem. My New Vegas character had 6 saves. Including one save right before the point where you have to make several important game changing decisions... Unfortunately, I had brain fade and saved over it. :banghead:

I am a few small fights away from level 40. My play time so far is 120:02:30. :scared:. Finally got my internet installed, so I was able to download the patches. Framerate is a lot smoother now. 👍

I just completed what has to be the funniest quest. No spoilers. Anyway, the quest was named "A night to remember". I haven't laughed so hard in weeks. Make sure to play the quest out fully. Don't resort to persuasion or barter techniques. That way, you can see what was so funny.

If you want to find the quest, go to
Candlehearth hall in Windhelm

speaking of bugs I experienced my first (PS3) killed a dragon last night but the skin never burned and I never got the soul even after re-trying the battle a few times.

also:
any recommendation about whether to complete the civil war quest line in favor of the empire or to go to the point in the main quest where I can actually get a truce? I think I've pretty much decided not to support the stormcloaks at this point.

speaking of bugs I experienced my first (PS3) killed a dragon last night but the skin never burned and I never got the soul even after re-trying the battle a few times.
Strange, the 1.2 patch was supposed to fix the issue with dragon souls not being absorbed.

Just had my first good hour of game time, looking sweet so far.
Will be going through the game known as prisoner :ouch: (lesson 1: deal with some things slower)
If anyone knows an easy way to change the name on PS3, thanks in advance :dopey:

You'll get different nicknames throughout the game when you complete certain things.

You'll get different nicknames throughout the game when you complete certain things.

I think he means that he literally named his character "prisoner".

But it's ok, they don't really use your character's name for anything other than for the name of your saved game... :P

Is anyone getting freezes periodically? It's not too occasional but its occurrences is inconvenient.

Yeah, my video card is giving up randomly. Must be the drivers.

Not sure if spoilers, but this set of dialogue options prompted a screenshot and edit:

HRPuu.jpg

I like the way that this thread moves at the same pace as the game.

That way, I can keep up with all the terminology...

:irked:👍

I play the ps3 version and the Mini frezzes are from the info the game keep track of and if it get hot it some time like to lag a little more

But I have play for 6 to 10 hours of game play that's when the lags become more common

I have 4100 gold on me now and I'm wondering if I should buy a permanent house in Whiterun. It's 5000 gold but I'm planning to spend it on merchandise that could be a bit more useful. What do you guys think?

Buy the house first, it'll be a pain once you start getting things you want to keep, but are at or near full capacity of carrying weight.

The money will keep coming as you go...but it's nice to have a house early on.

I have 4100 gold on me now and I'm wondering if I should buy a permanent house in Whiterun. It's 5000 gold but I'm planning to spend it on merchandise that could be a bit more useful. What do you guys think?

I got my Whiterun house for free. Do the following trick. Talk to the guy in his bedroom in the castle. There's a delay between when you select the Pay 5000 dialogue option and when he actually takes the money from you. Adjust your view to one of his dressers before making the selection, and then quickly open the dresser and store all your gold before he takes it from you. You get the deed to the house, and then you can get your gold back out of the dresser.

Social engineering. :)

Back