The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
Yeah, there's a chance it will stay there...but a better chance that it won't. Your best bet is to buy the house in Whiterun, you can ask the Jarl's assistant guy about buying it for 5,000g. You can safely store everything there...plus it's right next to a blacksmith, so you can store all of your ingots in the house and grab them when you need them for smithing.

That was the first thing I did, I like saving all unique items, so I need a place to store everything quickly.

Sharky.
Yup. Dragonplate uses more bones than scales, but it still uses both. You also use scales to improve the dragonplate armour on a workbench.

I'm starting to save mine now. I just got to 59 smithing today doing what was described earlier in the spoiler box. I'm wearing full on Dwarven right now and all pieces are "exquisite" which I don't mind the look of. I'm trying to work my perk trees up to the point where my armour weighs nothing and I can create Dragon.

what is this "perk tree" people keep talking about?

I'm at killing that big frost spider right now, only played a couple hours (including install and update drivers)

what is this "perk tree" people keep talking about?

I'm at killing that big frost spider right now, only played a couple hours (including install and update drivers)

It's the constellation in the menu. They are perk trees. Each time you level up you are given the chance to pick a perk. The more points you get for skills, the more perks are unlocked for you to access.

Has anyone else got the clear skies shout? I've only got the first one of three words. I thought it would be cool to test out, so I used it on a particularly snowy day, and it started raining and then lightning killed my horse :lol:

11683359.jpg

Just levelled to 20 and I'm at 89 smithing, need to get to 90 thus allowing some Daedric armor manufacturing to take place.

246px-Daedric_Armor_%28Skyrim%29.jpg

Where do you guys find the daedra hearts for the Daedic armour? I've only been able to get three through the Azure Star quest. I really want to equip my character with it since I think it works out to be better then the Dragon Bone armour.

I haven't got any of the hearts yet, but apparently there is a guy that sells them. I'm still levelling at the moment. Also agreed from what friends have said and what I've gleamed from the net it's supposed to be better than dragon armour but only by a slim amount.

Dragon armor is way more badass anyway, at least when you're called Dragonborn. Your destiny is to kill the evil dragon Anduin, makes no sense walking around like a Daedric lord then :P

I improved mine to legendary status on the workbench and I'm almost at 500 armor rating. I don't think the daedric armor is that much of an improvement.

Just got Skyrim recently and i'm 14 hours into the game. So far, the game is great and i haven't had any freezing problems like i did with Fallout: New Vegas (I'm playing the PS3 version). The combat is improved and the music is excellent. The graphics look very pretty because of it's art direction but the textures aren't much improved from Oblivion. The dragon fights are good but not as exciting as i thought. I think the dragons are easier to fight than trolls, giants, and witches. The UI is okay but IMO a step back from Oblivion/Morrowind's UI.

Where do you guys find the daedra hearts for the Daedic armour? I've only been able to get three through the Azure Star quest. I really want to equip my character with it since I think it works out to be better then the Dragon Bone armour.

They are pretty hard to comeby. As sprite mentioned there are a few traders that will have them, it I think usually only one in stock and it takes a while for them to restock. If you head to Dawnstar and do the side quest about the nightmares the residents are having, you can find two there. I stumbled across them accidentally.

Small question, how hard is it to get into this game for someone with 0 experience in this genre? (that someone being me)

Is amour the only thing the daedra hearts are good for? I have a couple and will probably just sell them if they are no good for anything else. I keep my armour at 0 and only carry a bow and a dagger for weapons.

They are pretty hard to comeby. As sprite mentioned there are a few traders that will have them, it I think usually only one in stock and it takes a while for them to restock. If you head to Dawnstar and do the side quest about the nightmares the residents are having, you can find two there. I stumbled across them accidentally.

There's also a trader inside the College of Winterhold that sells 2. And there's 1 in the room next to Kodlak inside the Companions' headquarters.

Dragonplate and Daedric armour are all but equivalent, damage resistance caps at 80% and occurs at 567 armour rating; with the relevant heavy armour perks and improved armour you can easily reach the DR cap - I have 604 AR with a set of Legendary Dragonplate and most of the Heavy Armour perks.

Finished the main quest last night, thought it wasn't too bad (a bit better than Oblivion's) but it was still quite short. Spoilers:
The final battle against Alduin was very anti-climactic, Dragonrend kept him on the ground the entire time I was fighting him. The fight itself wasn't very long at all, between my Legendary Skyforge sword with a 15pt shock enchant and the three Nord heroes he died inside 20 seconds. I barely took any damage from him either. Then again I was level 41 at the time, and I found that after level 25 or so the game got a bit too easy (playing on adept/normal), so if I replayed the game and just did the MQ I think I'd have an actual battle on my hands.

Now to do the other side quests, join the Dark Brotherhood and get those Steam achievements 👍

The Throat of the World keeps making Skyrim lock up and take my computer with it, three times now while talking with
Paarthurnax
Skyrim stopped responding and forced me to do a hard reset of my PC :grumpy:

There's a quest in Dawnstar involving a Mythic Dawn Museum that will net you a few (And a respawning source of them).

You get a letter from a courier at some point in the game telling you about a museum opening up in Dawnstar, the quest is to find the shards of Mehrunes' Razor. You have to do a bit of dungeon crawling to get them all but once you have them, travel back to the museum and you will end up heading to Mehrune Dagon's Shrine. Kill the collector and you then fight two Dremora, continuing on inside the Shrine (It's small!) there's 2 more and after a certain period of time they respawn again.

Absolutely loving the game, I've done the Main, Imperial and Companions questline so far, messing about with a few Daedric ones right now. Does anyone know what you're supposed to do with Mephala's quest?

It's fairly confusing since it didn't seem like that much effort for the Ebony Blade, she said something about betrayal feeding it but I'm not exactly sure how to go about that since my character doesn't tend to be a murderer :P (Unless it's the Thalmor, I don't even bother getting them to attack me through the dialogue choices. Been running around in Elven armor since level 2 because of them, :lol:)

I have about 88 hours into the game right now and I am level 25. My enchanting is around 73. I am trying so dang hard to get the house in Riften but having no luck. I tried for 2 straight real life days and cant get the dialog to open up for the Jarl of Riften or her helper. Plus I still cant find any Flawless Sapphires. Spent 2 straight days looking for those too.

CAMAROBOY69
I have about 88 hours into the game right now and I am level 25. My enchanting is around 73. I am trying so dang hard to get the house in Riften but having no luck. I tried for 2 straight real life days and cant get the dialog to open up for the Jarl of Riften or her helper. Plus I still cant find any Flawless Sapphires. Spent 2 straight days looking for those too.

You need to find out about the Skooma dealer.

no this is a larger outline of a triangle to the right of the item name, whereas the favorites have the small marker on the left.

no this is a larger outline of a triangle to the right of the item name, whereas the favorites have the small marker on the left.

It means that the weapon/armour has better spec. than the stuff you've got equipped.

Small question, how hard is it to get into this game for someone with 0 experience in this genre? (that someone being me)

Not difficult at all. Oblivion was really my first rpg. There have been many since then. Skyrim is epic. Take a chance on it.

I'm ashamed to say that my gamesave is at the 105 hour mark. I did get the game a few days early, but even then it seems excessive. My character is a level 38 nord.

One funny thing that happened to me last night, I left a dungeon to find a dragon and a giant fighting. Only the giant showed up as an enemy, so I decided to wait and see what happened. The dragon flew up into the air so the giant ran towards me. I killed the giant, then the dragon landed next to me. It looked at me for a few seconds and flew away.

I've been keeping up with this thread a while, and it seems like an addictive game.

My only RPG experiences are Final Fantasy series but I doubt it's similar to this game. I might get it somewhere this week, something to keep my busy during the Christmas holidays.

I will probably get it on PS3 since my PC is probably not going to cut it.

Back