The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
Thanks for the help guys, but it didn't work.

Guess I'll have to start again...

Thanks for the help guys, but it didn't work.

Guess I'll have to start again...

Hi Danny,

I had this bug for ages on my first character (Level 81 fighter mage). I tried all the steps other have mentioned to no avail.

Then I tried a friend's recommendation... 'why don't you just kill all the guards?' :dopey:

This worked a treat. :)

I can't even remember now if I ended up having to pay a huge bounty after killing them all, but after I'd killed every guard in Markarth the problem went away (even when the guards returned)

cheers

I'd love to kill the guards. Unfortunately I can't access any weapons.

I suppose I could try and use my speech skill to persuade them all to take up smoking until eventually they all die of natural causes.

I'd love to kill the guards. Unfortunately I can't access any weapons.

I suppose I could try and use my speech skill to persuade them all to take up smoking until eventually they all die of natural causes.

Oh....sorry...I didn't have the bug where I could not access weapons as well. I guess going back to a save game before it happened is your only option? :(

Last edited:
Or run away on a fast horse (preferably someone else's)? :sly:

My PS3 game keeps putting a blue location icon on my map even though I don't put it on there myself. After that I can't get rid of it. It's really starting to get on my nerves. :crazy:

Anyone else get this issue?

Does anyone know what smithing level you have to be to be able to upgrade your weapons past fine? I do believe im on 16 at the moment and ive got a fine orcish great sword and ive got the ingots just need to level up

Thanks

Depends on the material and what perks you have, once you have the perk that allows you to make weapons with certain materials you can upgrade that material twice as much, usually putting it at least at superior or flawless. If you take the orcish perk then it will help a lot with improving.

Question for you guys,
Last night I got myself a horse. I was riding around enjoying the scenery and a bit down the road a troll popped out and started clobbering my horse to death. I finally killed the troll but I was without a horse and out 1000 gold coins.

My question is, can I get armor or somehow attack while I'm on my horse? Or do i just run away every time there is trouble?

land sea air
Depends on the material and what perks you have, once you have the perk that allows you to make weapons with certain materials you can upgrade that material twice as much, usually putting it at least at superior or flawless. If you take the orcish perk then it will help a lot with improving.

Let's say I have no perks (which I don't) do you know what level I will have to be?

Piotrov: as far as I know you can't attack while on horseback, and I have seen no horse armour but then I am relatively new to this game. I think your best bet is jumping off the horse as soon as you see trouble.
Or alternatively you could steal a horse so then you are losing no money if it does get killed

My question is, can I get armor or somehow attack while I'm on my horse? Or do i just run away every time there is trouble?

Run away! Unfortunately that's your best bet early on. Most enemies will target your horse before you. The Dark Brotherhood questline eventually nets you a much more powerful and harder to kill horse. Before that it really isn't worth it to spend the 1000 credits unless you feel like constantly defending your poor steed.

Does anyone know what smithing level you have to be to be able to upgrade your weapons past fine? I do believe im on 16 at the moment and ive got a fine orcish great sword and ive got the ingots just need to level up

Thanks

Smithing is the easiest thing to level in the game. Buy all the iron ingots available, get some leather and get smithing iron daggers. Remember you can keep clicking where the yes text appears to smith the next item, no ned to move the mouse. You can get to smithing 100 in an hour or so, including running about.

Smithing is the easiest thing to level in the game. Buy all the iron ingots available, get some leather and get smithing iron daggers. Remember you can keep clicking where the yes text appears to smith the next item, no ned to move the mouse. You can get to smithing 100 in an hour or so, including running about.

Mine the ingots as much as you can. Buy only if u have to

With fast travel it doeant take that long

You can buy them and then wait 48 hours and buy again. Definately faster than mining.
Overall, though, I think smithing is a skill only used to overpower your character. Once you hit level 46 (I think) you can buy both dragon and daedric armor. Of course, you can't improve it though, but who needs that at those levels? ;)

My favorite skill btw is Illusion. Combine it with one-handed, sneak and light armor and you've got yourself a ninja. The invisible killer, can't go wrong with Illusion once you've gotten it to lv 75.

My favorite skill btw is Illusion. Combine it with one-handed, sneak and light armor and you've got yourself a ninja. The invisible killer, can't go wrong with Illusion once you've gotten it to lv 75.

I love the different ways you can play this game, I'd say the worst skill in the game is illusion :) but that's what's so great, I can think that, whilst someone else thinks its the best.

My first character was a fighter-mage. The very first thing I did was head to the college to learn me some magic. After I was lvl 90ish in destruction, restoration and enchanting I levelled one handed and heavy armour. I retired that character at lvl 81 after reaching 100 in all skills and started a new character immediately. (damn HD texture pack)

My archer their is now level 46 and I've done none of the quest lines yet. None. I've also not used any magic. I'm amazed at the different experience I'm having playing the same game in a completely different fashion.

300+ hours in and still loving it. Great game.

And agreed about buyin ingots instead of mining, it's not the travelling that takes the time, it's the mining. I preferred the blacksmith tour to the waiting 48 hours.

I'm amazed at the different experience I'm having playing the same game in a completely different fashion.

Agreed! I'm on my 4th character now after going through a Jack-of-all-trades, an archer thief, a master illusion pacifist (no human kills), and finally my present character, a stealthy destruction mage (no weapons). Most of them I got up to level 40+ and then moved on but this one's at 68 and climbing. The versatility in character development is addictive. My next project: a full on tank weapons master.
Great game.

Quick question guys, I am a dark elf, so my dunmer blood gives me 50% resistance to fire. And I have just found the dwarven boots of flame resistance which also give me 50% resistance. Does this mean I am completely impervious to fire?

I just tested it, i stood in a fire jet for a while and my health goes does very very slowly :D
Now to go in search of a dragon for the ultimate test

Did anyone ever obtained a Daedric weapon or armor from random loot (of course after a high-level battle)? I already found a Daedric Greatsword but my character build doesn't use Two-Handed weapons for combat.

Did anyone ever obtained a Daedric weapon or armor from random loot (of course after a high-level battle)? I already found a Daedric Greatsword but my character build doesn't use Two-Handed weapons for combat.

Level 41 on my High-Elf mage, I've found a Daedric shield and helmet in the Master chest in the Thieves guild. Although now that I'm level 81 I find Daedric armor in almost every dungeon. :P

EDIT - To dan0543:

It isn't unplayable, it runs fine with almost no issues. The problems are minimal, from the usual FPS issues and bugs, and the loading time takes a little long, but it isn't unplayable. Skyrim is a fun game, I'd recommend it.

Hi guys, new to this thread.
I've seen this game around a few shops in england for a pretty good price, and i'm wondering whether I should pick it up. I'd be playing it on the ps3 and yes, i know of the issues. I'm just wondering if any of you play it on the ps3, and just how widespread the problems are?
A few of my friends have managed a platinum trophy on the ps3, so surely it couldn't be that unplayable.

Thanks for the response, i'll pick it up when I can. I've already seen just how huge the scale of this game is, so count on seeing a few questions from me on here in the future!

Hi guys, new to this thread.
I've seen this game around a few shops in england for a pretty good price, and i'm wondering whether I should pick it up. I'd be playing it on the ps3 and yes, i know of the issues. I'm just wondering if any of you play it on the ps3, and just how widespread the problems are?
A few of my friends have managed a platinum trophy on the ps3, so surely it couldn't be that unplayable.

Mine occasionally had some slow down in framerate and frozen maybe once every 5 hours of gameplay, however the games autosaves often so this wasn't a problem for me.

The latest update also seemed to pretty much solve this, so go for it, its an amazing game, so huge.

I have a save file on the PS3 with 81+ hours to it, no problems. I did turn off auto-save because it would minimize the risk of the horrible lag in the long run. So instead I just save often (manually), like, everytime I go through a door etc. Go for it, definately. It's a very good game you easily can get addicted to.

Has this happened to anyone else? :lol: Apologies for the shaky camera, I was filming with one hand and trying to play the game with the other.

Back