The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
So did any of you get the latest Flip Paint DLC yet?
I found the 'Go Wild' paintjob horrible. The rest isn't too bad.

Here are the added paint job styles:

ss_b93cd7d02a6fcf4048a84d46c46ab13c35ddf185.1920x1080.jpg

ss_c48c36673b48c10877560f4f69ba8edddc65f789.1920x1080.jpg

ss_44fbe50df89526c5b0ce3d48ec8a74337de9a0eb.1920x1080.jpg

ss_2d63a58ecc4345e4ed1247dcdaa45ce5ac8580f0.1920x1080.jpg

ss_501123f75d1b57e08e1ab51eeebba46f51fdd4d1.1920x1080.jpg

ss_fbeb1c950971a7bbf9bff08f68084285e5f441ba.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6d35e4448bce0f836a2437d65c75e38d61285ee1.1920x1080.jpg

ss_c18fef5d9cf96de2c792195c9af0b12e7e2867e1.1920x1080.jpg

ss_570b2da0eca85bab7b519da1c6051baf1627f3e9.1920x1080.jpg

ss_83e57bfd229cce2446d55b0b5ff0461a8e172c5f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1b85876e87aab5f5ac2a93a4d14a27af448872aa.1920x1080.jpg

Well that's just great. I can't get this at the moment here is my problem.

I currently don't own a debit card or credit card so I pay for stuff on steam using paypal. I transfer money from my bank account to paypal and them use that on steam and its been fine for link 6 month (New PC that I cound actually game on).
Now steam wants me to add a credit/debit card but I don't have one. On payment options next to paypal balance its just blank but I have over £40 in it. Is Paypal/steam just having a problem or am i flat out of luck here?

Well that's just great. I can't get this at the moment here is my problem.

I currently don't own a debit card or credit card so I pay for stuff on steam using paypal. I transfer money from my bank account to paypal and them use that on steam and its been fine for link 6 month (New PC that I cound actually game on).
Now steam wants me to add a credit/debit card but I don't have one. On payment options next to paypal balance its just blank but I have over £40 in it. Is Paypal/steam just having a problem or am i flat out of luck here?
I don't know if you have the option to do this where you live but I just go buy Steam cards in town. Don't have to worry about a card that way.:)

Quick question about adding mods. I've heard that once you install them to a profile, you have to have it on all the time. If I just copy a mod into the folders but, then don't enable it in the profile, and then later delete the mod, will the profile still be ok?

Quick question about adding mods. I've heard that once you install them to a profile, you have to have it on all the time. If I just copy a mod into the folders but, then don't enable it in the profile, and then later delete the mod, will the profile still be ok?
Yes, as long as you don't enable it, deleting shouldn't break anything.

After quite a while not playing, i've recently got back into ETS2.

And with the multiplayer servers, G27 wheel and some friends to play with, it's become great fun again. :D

Can't wait for the Nordic DLC to be released.

I saw some multiplayer on a youtube video yesterday. I was glad I didn't took the effort to install multiplayer, as it would he a waste of my time. The reason being the way I wish to enjoy this game, by playing it in a serieus fashion.
Yet all I saw were people who couldn't drive at all, swayed across the road like drunk idiots, speeding at 120km/h, banging into other truckers. And when collision was off they try to hinder your view.

All in all this childish way or playing the game is not for me. I don't see what's fun about it.

ps. Polish Paint DLC is incoming. Saw it on Steam last night but couldn't open it. Than later it disappeared again.

I saw some multiplayer on a youtube video yesterday. I was glad I didn't took the effort to install multiplayer, as it would he a waste of my time. The reason being the way I wish to enjoy this game, by playing it in a serieus fashion.
Yet all I saw were people who couldn't drive at all, swayed across the road like drunk idiots, speeding at 120km/h, banging into other truckers. And when collision was off they try to hinder your view.

All in all this childish way or playing the game is not for me. I don't see what's fun about it.

ps. Polish Paint DLC is incoming. Saw it on Steam last night but couldn't open it. Than later it disappeared again.
That's the only thing that no-one, even SCS themselves, will ever to be able to resolve. I think the MP-mod guys does a decent job in actually banning out people who does what you described. Still, as said, it's hard to avoid, sadly. :indiff: There's still a lot who - like you and I - wants to play MP in a serious way, though.

I definitely get what you are saying. There seem to be two different types of players on the game.

Type 1: Takes it as if it were a simulator, obeys traffic laws in a realistic manor, and pays respect to other people while driving.

Type 2: Ignores traffic laws and other people.

I'm personally Type 1. I had a Type 2 that was driving the wrong direction on the Autostrada. Nearly caused a massive wreck with me.

It just makes me wish we could make a dedicated and closed server for ourselves who are the serious sim guys.

Lets hope SCS finds a better way.

It just makes me wish we could make a dedicated and closed server for ourselves who are the serious sim guys.

Lets hope SCS finds a better way.

Like @Dean said, they do a good job right now. One thing they could do is split the servers into a simulation and fun servers. If people are found screwing around on the simulation servers, then they could get a 1 week ban from both servers. That ought to keep people from screwing around on the simulation servers because then they wouldn't be able to play with their mates.

My impression is that the vast majority of drivers are fairly courteous to each other on the motorways. People generally respect the right of way and will even let other drivers out if they see them waiting to pull out at a junction. I was completely taken aback by the lack of grave accidents everywhere. It seems that as long as you stay out of some of the more crowded areas (e.g. A4 and A10 in Holland), the bad apples are few and far between.

Also, anyone up for a GTP convoy one day?

Last edited:
Awesome! I've set up a Steam group to make it easier to get in contact with other GTP drivers. It's invite only, but shoot me a PM with your Steam name (or post it here) and I'll send you an invite as soon as I can.

Maybe we should try and get something together for Friday or Saturday? The only day I'm unavailable is tomorrow, but I don't know if anyone has any preferences regarding day and time :)

I love this game. I got it and immediately got an 80K loan and got an extra 25K so I could by a SCANIA, and just did jobs, over and over til I had enough to fully upgrade the garage all while staying in the UK, bought three bog standard Renault 'Premiums' and hired three drivers after I had enough and recently I got the Multiplayer Mod, which if you have not tried, I seriously recommend. Going to go from Dover to Milan tonight. Hopefully I don't make everyone mad with my inability to park a truck with trailer

Most mods are linked to profiles which you can enable and disable, so disable a mod before you delete it just to be safe

Back