The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Awesome! I've set up a Steam group to make it easier to get in contact with other GTP drivers. It's invite only, but shoot me a PM with your Steam name (or post it here) and I'll send you an invite as soon as I can.

Maybe we should try and get something together for Friday or Saturday? The only day I'm unavailable is tomorrow, but I don't know if anyone has any preferences regarding day and time :)
Great, Steam username is leggy1997.
I got it and immediately got an 80K loan and got an extra 25K so I could by a SCANIA
Scania is the best :lol:

Scania is the best :lol:

I agree though, I've really been enjoying the DAF XF. The interior is beautiful.

My Single player has really taken off. I have 3 full garages of employes. One with all Scania R's, Renault Magnum's, and Volvo FH16's. I think the next garage that I am going to open is in Rotterdam, full of DAF XF's

I'm still patiently waiting for the new DAF XF and Benz Actors to arrive on the Sim. I may have to convert to a Benz fan because they look mean in person!

I agree though, I've really been enjoying the DAF XF. The interior is beautiful.

My Single player has really taken off. I have 3 full garages of employes. One with all Scania R's, Renault Magnum's, and Volvo FH16's. I think the next garage that I am going to open is in Rotterdam, full of DAF XF's

I'm still patiently waiting for the new DAF XF and Benz Actors to arrive on the Sim. I may have to convert to a Benz fan because they look mean in person!
Yes it is, I think all the trucks are pretty good, except for the Renaults. The new Volvo is very nice, I really like the interior and it has the most powerful engine of any truck.

Nice, so they can earn money for you to try more trucks :)

It would be good when they do arrive, the Merc does look really aggressive, should have some good engines too. There are mods that add the new Merc and the Daf, but then mods can't be used on multiplayer :(

@Dean As you please, good sir! Invited :D

Also, I think the worst truck is the stock Iveco Stralis. It just doesn't feel like it has 560 hp; it feels downright sluggish. Now I drive the old Actros, and while it may only have 38 more hp, it feels so much nicer to drive. I also enjoy the authoritative hyperactive blinkers that let everyone know when I'm ready to change lanes :P

@Dean As you please, good sir! Invited :D

Also, I think the worst truck is the stock Iveco Stralis. It just doesn't feel like it has 560 hp; it feels downright sluggish. Now I drive the old Actros, and while it may only have 38 more hp, it feels so much nicer to drive. I also enjoy the authoritative hyperactive blinkers that let everyone know when I'm ready to change lanes :P
You can have the Stralis with 310hp if you want, the least powerful engine on the game. That would be hopeless with almost every load :lol: I think Renaults also feel slower than their power suggests, a 380 hp Premium seems a lot slower than a 360 hp Scania. I drive a Scania Streamline with the 730 hp V8 engine, and although I love having lots of power and torque it can sometimes feel like too much. The 580 hp V8 would be fine.

You can have the Stralis with 310hp if you want, the least powerful engine on the game. That would be hopeless with almost every load :lol: I think Renaults also feel slower than their power suggests, a 380 hp Premium seems a lot slower than a 360 hp Scania. I drive a Scania Streamline with the 730 hp V8 engine, and although I love having lots of power and torque it can sometimes feel like too much. The 580 hp V8 would be fine.

Yeah, the cheapest Stralis is pathetic - unless you really like working those 12 gears :scared:
I, too, like having to work for the power, but there's a limit to how much I'm willing to do to get to highway speeds. The Actros strikes a good balance, I think. The only downside is that the tank is so tiny, you constantly have to watch over your fuel consumption on the information display. It's only with the Actros that I've started getting into driving economically, which is quite fun, as it adds another aspect to your driving style 👍

The less power, the better. Have to focus more in traffic and on hills. Keeps me more sharp and makes me feel like a better driver. It also keeps me from speeding.

I usually put my trucks at 450hp or less.

Yeah, the cheapest Stralis is pathetic - unless you really like working those 12 gears :scared:
I, too, like having to work for the power, but there's a limit to how much I'm willing to do to get to highway speeds. The Actros strikes a good balance, I think. The only downside is that the tank is so tiny, you constantly have to watch over your fuel consumption on the information display. It's only with the Actros that I've started getting into driving economically, which is quite fun, as it adds another aspect to your driving style 👍
Yes it really is, I might try to pull the heaviest loads in one just to see what happens :lol:

I agree, I think 500-600 hp probably strikes the best balance between performance and economy. Yes that would be a problem, the tank is about half the size of the other trucks thanks to that spare wheel. With the Scania the predicted range is 4000km with a trailer and a full tank, and I could add another 500 or so to that with careful driving. But upgrading to the V8 really hurts the economy.

Yes it really is, I might try to pull the heaviest loads in one just to see what happens :lol:

I agree, I think 500-600 hp probably strikes the best balance between performance and economy. Yes that would be a problem, the tank is about half the size of the other trucks thanks to that spare wheel. With the Scania the predicted range is 4000km with a trailer and a full tank, and I could add another 500 or so to that with careful driving. But upgrading to the V8 really hurts the economy.

To be fair, the Iveco actually does surprisingly well, but I personally found the engine to be a nuisance as I like to turn on cruise control and listen to the radio without having to worry too much about what gear I'm in. I should probably just have used the automatic gearbox. Anyway, 500-ish hp seems to be the sweetspot for me. 700 hp and over feels somewhat excessive, and if you're not careful, you're suddenly going way too fast.

I'll be trying out the V6 (~475 HP) engines in the Actros soon, and if the economy gets better, I'll probably stick to those. In my experience, the range estimates are hugely optimistic. It very rarely holds true for me unless my entire trip is motorway driving at 50 mph/80 kmh in 12th gear. The second you can't keep a constant momentum or if you cruise in 11th or 10th gear, the range starts dropping at much faster pace than the miles you actually cover.

To be fair, the Iveco actually does surprisingly well, but I personally found the engine to be a nuisance as I like to turn on cruise control and listen to the radio without having to worry too much about what gear I'm in. I should probably just have used the automatic gearbox. Anyway, 500-ish hp seems to be the sweetspot for me. 700 hp and over feels somewhat excessive, and if you're not careful, you're suddenly going way too fast.

I'll be trying out the V6 (~475 HP) engines in the Actros soon, and if the economy gets better, I'll probably stick to those. In my experience, the range estimates are hugely optimistic. It very rarely holds true for me unless my entire trip is motorway driving at 50 mph/80 kmh in 12th gear. The second you can't keep a constant momentum or if you cruise in 11th or 10th gear, the range starts dropping at much faster pace than the miles you actually cover.
Yeah I guess it would be a problem then, and the automatic gearbox can be annoying. When using a lot of throttle it changes up at 2000ish rpm, seems too high to me. I used some cargo pack mods on my singleplayer profiles, and some loads were super heavy, up to 75t. Even 750 hp really struggled then, but yes pulling normal loads doesn't require any more than 600.

Those should be better, I think ill downgrade to a 580/560 hp V8 in the Scania. The normal 6 cylinder ones go up to 500 ish hp, are more economical but the V8s sound so much better. Maybe the range estimate is different for each truck, I usually cruise at 90km/h on motorways and at that speed the range falls slower than the distance to the destination. But if I have to do stop/start for toll booths the range falls faster. Poland and France just kills the economy.

How many would be up for a convoy this weekend? Most of us seem to be from Europe, but since @Kamuifanboy is in Tokyo, I'd suggest we do it earlier in the day, around 13.00 GMT or 12:00 GMT if possible. We also need to agree on a meeting spot. I'd suggest we start in Germany and move out from there, as it's a short drive from all the other countries to everything even if you only own a few garages.

The problem is, however, that I don't think we can take on jobs to the same destination.
That leaves us with two options as I see it:

a) We choose loads destined for somewhat the same part of Europe and drive a predefined route we've agreed on beforehand, regardless of whether the route actually takes us to our destination city. After we're finished, we split up and deliver our trailers.

b) We agree on a 'target' destination and then get an overview of the destinations available to each one of us. Then we can coordinate and make sure we all get jobs with destinations as close to the target as possible. We'll convoy for as long as we can before splitting up to drive to our respective destinations.

Any thoughts?

How many would be up for a convoy this weekend? Most of us seem to be from Europe, but since @Kamuifanboy is in Tokyo, I'd suggest we do it earlier in the day, around 13.00 GMT or 12:00 GMT if possible. We also need to agree on a meeting spot. I'd suggest we start in Germany and move out from there, as it's a short drive from all the other countries to everything even if you only own a few garages.

The problem is, however, that I don't think we can take on jobs to the same destination.
That leaves us with two options as I see it:

a) We choose loads destined for somewhat the same part of Europe and drive a predefined route we've agreed on beforehand, regardless of whether the route actually takes us to our destination city. After we're finished, we split up and deliver our trailers.

b) We agree on a 'target' destination and then get an overview of the destinations available to each one of us. Then we can coordinate and make sure we all get jobs with destinations as close to the target as possible. We'll convoy for as long as we can before splitting up to drive to our respective destinations.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a good plan, a motorway fuel station/rest spot could be a good place to meet, there are plenty of those in Germany.

Quote from developer's forum:
"Q: Will we be able to do the same job as another person?
A: Yes. You can do group jobs all going to the same location so you can drive in a Convoy."

So we should all be able to go to the same place with the same trailer. :)
Also, I can't do Sunday :( Only Saturday for me

Sounds like a good plan, a motorway fuel station/rest spot could be a good place to meet, there are plenty of those in Germany.

Quote from developer's forum:
"Q: Will we be able to do the same job as another person?
A: Yes. You can do group jobs all going to the same location so you can drive in a Convoy."

So we should all be able to go to the same place with the same trailer. :)
Also, I can't do Sunday :( Only Saturday for me

I didn't know jobs were synchronized yet. If so, that's one less (huge) thing to worry about :)

I'll see how many people chime in. If it's not a good time, we'll just find another day. Anyway, I'm on most of the time, so if anyone wants to join, just send me a message.

Last edited:
I would prefer Saturday, I make the mother-in-law's Sunday lunch (she's had a hip replacement and can't stand for long periods of time).

Any time of day would be good for me, are we going to use Teamspeak?

I would prefer Saturday, I make the mother-in-law's Sunday lunch (she's had a hip replacement and can't stand for long periods of time).

Any time of day would be good for me, are we going to use Teamspeak?

I understand. Nothing has been decided yet, so if Saturday is better suited, that'll be the target. Getting a meeting up tomorrow is probably a bit ambitious on such short notice, but I'll be there anyway. I currently don't have a working microphone (although I probably will order one before long), so I can't contribute with TS right now. The easiest way to chat, then, is through the Steam chat on the overlay, which is only accessible while stationary.

Anyway, here's a shot of me and Leggy on the Polish motorway earlier today. Hopefully more people will join in soon.

2elfk1s.png

I'd have issues using microphone in the weekend (most likely) so chat is the only way for me too. Nevertheless, I can't promise I'd be able to join Saturday (tomorrow?). :indiff:

The easiest way to chat, then, is through the Steam chat on the overlay, which is only accessible while stationary.
You can use it while moving, you can steer but can't accelerate. And its hard to see so not really a good idea.

Here's a shot I took of our trucks today, I apologise for the low qualiy.
ets2_00003.png

We're probably the only people on multiplayer that don't drive the new Volvo :D

Last edited:
I've been lurking watching this thread because I'm just a little busy for about another week but I will be up for a convoy soon. Just need to download it and set back up my wheel.

If it's planned a week or so in advance like Gran Turismo 5/6 races are on here I'm sure I'd be able to make it.

I've got to admit guys, I am really tempted to fire ETS2 back up, and install the multiplayer mod. Any tips for a potential newcomer?

Back