The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Actually quick question. Is the multiplayer using your offline stuff like trucks or do you start scratch. Don't fancy going from scratch again. Took me ages to get rid of that loan.

I've got to admit guys, I am really tempted to fire ETS2 back up, and install the multiplayer mod. Any tips for a potential newcomer?

Make sure you have music. Because there is no AI, things can get pretty boring on the motor ways.

Actually quick question. Is the multiplayer using your offline stuff like trucks or do you start scratch. Don't fancy going from scratch again. Took me ages to get rid of that loan.

You can use a prior offline profile but, it may have some issues if you try to play offline with it after playing online. They suggest making a new profile for Multiplayer only.

As KFB says, it's suggested that you make a new profile - especially if you've used mods like ProMods.

If you have mods you will have to disable them or start fresh. The only mod compatible with multiplayer is the real company logos mod.

I am about to start downloading the multiplayer mod. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Turns out I need a Steam account to download it. I do have one, but I only signed up to download Sniper Elite V2. It's been so long I probably forgot the password. Of course, I could make another account for ETS2...

Last edited:
I am about to start downloading the multiplayer mod. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Turns out I need a Steam account to download it. I do have one, but I only signed up to download Sniper Elite V2. It's been so long I probably forgot the password. Of course, I could make another account for ETS2...
No matter what way you choose, you should be able to enter you serial code (also if you bought ETS2 via Origin) and Steam should automatically acknowledge it, as you most likely already know. 👍

Now I have a new account, I'm trying to figure out how to add ETS2 to my games list.

EDIT: I have managed to add ETS2 to my Steam Library, but the downloader for the multiplayer mod doesn't seem to be picking it up.

So while I wait, my account name is FirehoundETS, in case someone wants to add me to a group or simply wants to know who to look out for out there.

Why does there have to be so many hoops to jump through...

Last edited:
So while I wait, my account name is FirehoundETS, in case someone wants to add me to a group or simply wants to know who to look out for out there.

Alright, you should have received an invite to the group now :)

Pictures from earlier today with @Leggy1 and @DG_Silva at the Hull ferry and subsequently at the Europoort, Holland.
9jhws4.png

2vuc08l.png

Good fun. Hopefully my game will stop acting up so I can join you again soon (and we should probably stay the hell out of the Netherlands next time, too ;)).

Last edited:
Goddammit... I just realized you have to have a Steam version of ETS2 to download the multiplayer mod. I own a physical copy. Looks like I won't be going online after all.

I have no idea how or where to enter my serial number.
Download Steam (if you don't have it already- if you don't then make a steam account, fairly straightforward), then in the bottom-left corner click '+ADD A GAME', then 'Activate a product on Steam', agree to the T&C's, put your CD serial number in, and you're done.

Alright, you should have received an invite to the group now :)

Pictures from earlier today with @Leggy1 and @DG_Silva at the Hull ferry and subsequently at the Europoort, Holland.
9jhws4.png

2vuc08l.png

Good fun. Hopefully my game will stop acting up so I can join you again soon (and we should probably stay the hell out of the Netherlands next time, too ;)).
Poland, Slovakia and Hungary are quiet as they're part of the Going East DLC. My game runs much more smoothly there than in Germany or Holland 👍

How in the hell do I update on steam? Sorry I'm a steam noob. I have never used steam before.

Name is m8h3r by the way!

I don't know whats going on. It says non steam mod but I'll try downloading the demo from steam and put in my serial code.

Time for the first organized convoy!

Turin to Leipzig, Saturday June 21st 2014

9zwsxt.jpg

Time and Place
The convoy will take place on the Europe #1 server of ETS2MP and will begin at 13:00 UTC+2/CEST.
  • 12:00 PM UTC+1/BST (British Summer Time)​
  • 1:00 PM/13:00 UTC+2/CEST (Central European Summer Time)​
  • 8:00 PM/20:00 UTC+9/JST (Japan Standard Time)​
Use this fancy time zone converter if you are still unsure of the timezones.​

Before departing

torino.png
  • Make sure your ETS2MP client is updated. A new update was released today ;)
  • Make sure that you are connected to the Steam group chat at the and that your truck is located in Turin.
  • Due to the fact that jobs are not synchronized yet, we'll meet up at Sell Plan's Torino parking lot (blue star), where we'll figure out which jobs to take. If you don't have a Leipzig-bound job available, just pick the job destined for the nearest city (Magdeburg, Erfurt, Berlin, Dresden, Prague etc.)
  • When you have picked up your trailer, drive north to meeting point (red star) at the eAcres terminal outside Torino where we'll rendezvous before heading onto the northbound Alpine roads when we're all together.
Route description
For the first cruise, we'll be starting in Turin (Torino), Italy, and follow the scenic serpentine roads through the Alps to the Swiss Autobahn outside Bern. (see full map of the route here). At the first exit after passing Zürich going eastbound, we'll leave the Switzerland to head due north into Germany on the Autobahn 81/6. We follow this road until reaching an interchange near Nuremberg (Nürnberg), where we stay in the left lane to join the northbound Autobahn 9, which leads all the way to Leipzig.

I've chosen this route because the jobs in Torino are fairly consistent in that they are often destined for Germany, the roads to Germany are gorgeous and challenging, and I don't know how many here have got the Going East DLC. Thus I've chosen to stay within the vanilla map for now.
Guidelines
When we're on the road, please follow these rules to make sure everyone goes smoothly.​
  • Always check your mirrors regularly to make sure nobody is left behind :)
  • Refrain from exceeding a speed of 90 km/h/55 mph on highways. Pulling a 25 ton trailer can be tough if you’re driving a moderately powerful truck in hilly terrain.
  • Keep a good distance to the truck in front (50+ meters) to prevent collisions, as lag slams may occur, possibly causing pile-ups.
  • Make sure to make room in case we need to merge. Sometimes it can be difficult to position yourself in the right lane when crossing/turning off at a single lane interchange.
  • Do your best to pay attention to the Steam group chat, as it’s our primary communication channel. If all else fails, use the in-game chat to stay in contact.
How do I join?
Let me know here on GTP by responding to this post or sending me a PM if you want to join, or you can let me know on Steam by sending me a message or posting a comment on the event on the Steam group (it should be in our calendar by now) if you're participating. I hope to see you out there!

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Lets hope the servers are working then. Good route, far away from Holland of course, south Germany and Italy is fairly quiet so should run smoothly.

I should be able to do it :)

Unfortunately I'll be sitting on a plane to Italy so, I won'tbe able to make it. Everyone have fun there? I'll be in Europe for a month so, I won't really be able to join until then.

For anyone who haven't bought ETS2 yet, this is your big chance. Right now, there's -75% on Steam until June 29th.
Going East: €2,49
ETS2 Gold (Game+GE): €7.42
And ETS2 Collector's Bundle: €9.24
Collector's bundle includes:
Euro Truck Simulator 2, Euro Truck Simulator, Going East, Halloween Paint Jobs Pack, Scania Truck Driving Simulator, Ice Cold Paint Jobs Pack, Force of Nature Paint Jobs Pack, Trucks & Trailers and Bus Driver.

There might be another price drop around the 29th, so I'm waiting. :D

What's in the going east pack?

It extends the original Polish, Czech, and Slovakian maps by 12 cities and even adds another country (Hungary). Many miles of country road goodness. The vanilly map frankly feels a bit cramped without it, and you get longer, more varied jobs. I don't regret buying it at full price, so I'd say it's well worth it at €2,49. It ceratinly extended the lifespan of ETS2 for me.

Sweet! My game was being a right arse and after following about 10 different guides it wouldn't work with steam. I'm just going to buy it again if I can get the extension for cheaper than I've found elsewhere included with the game.

Give me like until the end of June and I'll be on there with you guys! 👍

Edit: Bought it! For the main game and the Going East for £4.99! :bowdown:STEAM

Last edited:
Did anyone see this?

Tomas Duda, one of the developers on the game, was banned from Steam for a year for using a "Daily Deal" announcement to bring a potentially serious security vulnerability to Valve's attention.

If you hit yesterday's announcement that Euro Truck Simulator 2 was the Steam Daily Deal, you might have found yourself redirected to an unexpected place: the Harlem Shake video. The idea, according to Duda, was to force Valve to take notice of the security flaw in community announcements, and then fix it, but what happened instead was a one-year ban "for violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/17/e...f&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0#null

Back