The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Then it was middle of the night (1:05) and raining too so I could barely go. First guy I passed beeped his horn, so I beeped back, I then beep at about 50 trucks to nothing back.
Yeah, not many uses their horns now. In the beginning it was at least 90%, but now you're lucky to get 3 in a row.
I never saw another AI car, are these disabled in the multiplayer mod?
I haven't seen any either, so I expect they're disabled, yes.
Biggest problem though was the ferry to Netherlands. I got on fine but where you get off was crazy. Must have been 30 odd trucks on top and inside of each other's after lots of horns and reversing sounds I settled on my roof. So I called the emergency rescue services, that place was overrun too, my destination was just round the corner from it. I try and drive and the FPS doesn't top 1 or 2, with many like for like comments in the bottom left corner. It then wouldn't let me deliver the trailer.
Oh yes, the Europort is a crazy place. I saw some of a Twitch stream today; absolute chaos there.
I hope it's not always like this, I had high hopes for the Multiplayer. Maybe if you can enable AI and do a private server, or limit the participants in it a bit.
It isn't always like so, no. :D It'd be awesome for people to make private servers, but I sadly think it'll be a long time before the possiblity is there. :boggled:

Well I'm glad it's not always like that. I remember people saying about Netherlands being crazy in game.

When the next run?

Is it normal that when I was about to complete a job I got kick out of the game ? That was only happening in the MP mode. I was able to finish the job fine in single player

Is it normal that when I was about to complete a job I got kick out of the game ? That was only happening in the MP mode. I was able to finish the job fine in single player
No that shouldn't happen. Perhaps you got automatically kicked for high ping or not moving for a while?

I can't deliver my loads in multiplayer, I'm doing a quick job, Plymouth to Plymouth, just to escape from Netherlands and I can't do the quick park thing?

I can't deliver my loads in multiplayer, I'm doing a quick job, Plymouth to Plymouth, just to escape from Netherlands and I can't do the quick park thing?
Autopark? I dont think you can do that in MP, have to do it yourself.

Oh my really? Well this will take a while. I just spent 10 mins detatching and moving trying to do it, before quitting, going offline, and doing the auto park thing.

Oh my really? Well this will take a while. I just spent 10 mins detatching and moving trying to do it, before quitting, going offline, and doing the auto park thing.
Yeah, can be annoying sometimes. Parking should get easier the more you do it 👍

Nope. I park the trailer, press T and got kicked.
Never heard of that one before, check out the forum on the developer's site, could be a known issue.

Edit: @m8h3r I might get a route planned for this weekend, sadly without @Mark II Blit

Last edited:
Next time I will be joining the European server. I made the mistake of joining the USA one and i witness some a-hole fighting over a parking spot to complete their job. Of course I was waiting patiently and gave enough room to the previous trucker who was honestly just trying to complete his job. While the 2nd guys, just ran in and piss everyone off.

Next time I will be joining the European server. I made the mistake of joining the USA one and i witness some a-hole fighting over a parking spot to complete their job. Of course I was waiting patiently and gave enough room to the previous trucker who was honestly just trying to complete his job. While the 2nd guys, just ran in and piss everyone off.

The city zones have contact disabled?

As far as I can tell it's just the delivery and job zones. They should really extend it to the ferry/train zones though.

It is really disorienting delivering a trailer in the same place as 4 people.
Don't go to Liege, there's a problem where contact isn't disabled. It's a nightmare.

To my knowledge, Calais, IJmuiden, Europoort, and all other transport hubs have non-collision zones that extend onto the highway.The few cities that only have non-collision zone at loading areas are, in my experience, located solely in the 'Going East' area, which makes it less of a problem since traffic is generally lighter the further southwest you go.

I never go to Liège anyway since it's too close to Holland.

Been playing on my offline profile recently as my internet is being annoying, some screenshots of the mighty Scania (apologies again for low quality)

ets2_00020.png

ets2_00022.png

A rather strange load:

ets2_00024.png

I've upgraded it quite a bit since then. I've upgraded to the nicest cab, and upgraded to the most powerful engine. When it was still using the base engine it was a total turd. It could barely get up to highway speeds. After I upgraded the engine, I was able to bomb down the highway at over 120km/h while towing a trailer, sometimes up to 150km/h. It's terrifying driving that fast in these trucks while towing a trailer. I've since took out another loan and bought an Iveco Hi-Way. That truck looks a lot better, but it's actually inferior because the fuel tank has less than half the capacity of the normal Stralis. But now I'm driving the new truck, and I hired someone to drive the old one (a hot chick named Tina, lol).

I've upgraded it quite a bit since then. I've upgraded to the nicest cab, and upgraded to the most powerful engine. When it was still using the base engine it was a total turd. It could barely get up to highway speeds. After I upgraded the engine, I was able to bomb down the highway at over 120km/h while towing a trailer, sometimes up to 150km/h. It's terrifying driving that fast in these trucks while towing a trailer. I've since took out another loan and bought an Iveco Hi-Way. That truck looks a lot better, but it's actually inferior because the fuel tank has less than half the capacity of the normal Stralis. But now I'm driving the new truck, and I hired someone to drive the old one (a hot chick named Tina, lol).

My 3 maxed out garages all have female drivers. I call them my... Well, it's best that I don't say.

I just realized that the fuel tank capacity gets reduced if you upgrade the chassis from 4 wheels to 6 wheels. That kind of sucks. What is the advantage of a 6 wheel chassis anyway?

I just realized that the fuel tank capacity gets reduced if you upgrade the chassis from 4 wheels to 6 wheels. That kind of sucks. What is the advantage of a 6 wheel chassis anyway?
6x2/4 is more stable at speed, 6x4 is good for heavy loads and has much more traction. Good for getting out of the quarries 👍

As anyone have any graphics issues? I have a pretty good gaming PC can run BF3 at High/Ultra, and most other games at the highest setting. But after configuring the graphics to ETS2 everything looks pixelated and not crisp at all while my two rear view mirrors (The ones you can toggle on and off) are perfect looking. So Idk and was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

As anyone have any graphics issues? I have a pretty good gaming PC can run BF3 at High/Ultra, and most other games at the highest setting. But after configuring the graphics to ETS2 everything looks pixelated and not crisp at all while my two rear view mirrors (The ones you can toggle on and off) are perfect looking. So Idk and was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

are you using any mods ? I am running an R290x with 3gig RAM on ultra everything is looking good for me. That's with Jazz AI mods and MHPA Europe 1.4.3

6x2/4 is more stable at speed, 6x4 is good for heavy loads and has much more traction. Good for getting out of the quarries 👍

I just got the 6x4 because it looked cool. I miss the large fuel tank though.

are you using any mods ? I am running an R290x with 3gig RAM on ultra everything is looking good for me. That's with Jazz AI mods and MHPA Europe 1.4.3

No mods currently. Don't know why it looks weird.

Also I am free for whenever we decide to do our next meet 👍

Back