The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
It's kind of strange for me, that I use 720p 200%, but the image is quite blurry too. I'm not sure if it's my TV or in fact the game. I'll try bumping up to 300% and see if there's a change.

My GTX 660 Ti runs the game on max with ProMods, Mercedes Actros and Actors MPIV mods installed. The seem doesn't need too much to run max.

SCS announced that a patch in the near future will officially replace the Majestic trucks with actual Mercedes trucks.

MHA Europe or TruckSim 5.0 ?

Theses 2 mod are obviously not compatible. I started a game with MHA Europe and I was wondering if I didn't make a mistake and need to start a new one with TruckSim

Guys, has anyone made a street racing sim out of this yet? The open world of EuroTruck has amazing potential for P2P races etc. I think I mentioned this on some other thread but I'm posting this here as well.

SCS announced that a patch in the near future will officially replace the Majestic trucks with actual Mercedes trucks.

Considering the DAF XF Euro 6 was announced before the Mercedes Benz Actros MP IV and it has not been released yet, I think "near future" probably means some time this year. I've been waiting for the DAF far too long! I want it so badly!

Considering the DAF XF Euro 6 was announced before the Mercedes Benz Actros MP IV and it has not been released yet, I think "near future" probably means some time this year. I've been waiting for the DAF far too long! I want it so badly!

DAF is already in isn't it? Mercedes is the last one that's not in yet. They said that it will be in the 1.9.5 patch. Or are you talking about the specific models, and not the brands?

DAF is already in isn't it? Mercedes is the last one that's not in yet. They said that it will be in the 1.9.5 patch. Or are you talking about the specific models, and not the brands?

Daf XF Euro 6 is the new 2014 model Daf put into production. Along with the Merc it's supposed to be licensed but... *shrugs* dunno what's keeping either of them.

Guys, has anyone made a street racing sim out of this yet? The open world of EuroTruck has amazing potential for P2P races etc. I think I mentioned this on some other thread but I'm posting this here as well.
If you really want to, you can get mods that allow you to drive cars in ETS2.
Yes DAF is in the game, but the new Euro 6 model is not (yet). Really want it though, looks great :drool:

Next truck I'm going to buy is the Volvo FH. The company I work for is currently developing a version of the D13C that runs on natural gas. We actually imported a brand new FH into Canada.

Daf XF Euro 6 is the new 2014 model Daf put into production. Along with the Merc it's supposed to be licensed but... *shrugs* dunno what's keeping either of them.

There has been a rumor going around that they recently signed a license for the Renault T as well. Which actually isn't too bad to look at.

There has been a rumor going around that they recently signed a license for the Renault T as well. Which actually isn't too bad to look at.

Looks like it has a handlebar mustache.
That brown color still makes me think of 'Rusty Renault' though.

Renault_T440_-_Lyon_Bellecour_-_Truck_de_Ouf.JPG

Personally what I would like to see is that they license some older truck models. Going back to the late 80's/early 90's and up till 5 years back ish, which than could be sold at those small truck garages as occasions and young timers/old timers.
I think that would be pretty fun personally.

Renault Trucks is actually owned by Volvo now. The D13C service manual is actually a Renault Trucks service manual.

I thought I would organise another drive for those that are available:

ets2_00000.png

Praha to Milano (Prague to Milan)

Saturday June 28th

Time:
15:00 BST
(British summer time). Later than the last one as @Kamuifanboy said he is unavailable and for the benefit of those across the pond.
Heres a handy time converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Before departing make sure:
Your multiplayer client is updated
You are connected to Steam group chat
Your truck is in Praha, fueled and ready to go
We'll meet at the parking area in the centre of Praha (below)​
ets2_00029.png

Red star on the map:

ets2_00031.png
Once we're all there we'll decide what jobs to take, to Milano or the nearest city
When we have our loads we'll meet outside Praha, on the western highway, at the parking lot (red arrow):
ets2_00028.png

The route:
I chose this route because it should be quiet as it's south east and far away from Holland. It is also mostly single carriageway through the countryside, with hills and twisty roads. However, the GPS will tell us to head towards Verona (south at Munchen/Munich). We will instead go straight to Milano from Munich as the roads are more interesting, twisty and hilly with scenic views instead of all motorway.​
ets2_00027.png

Please follow these guidelines so that it all runs as smoothly as possible:
Try not to exceed 90km/h (55mph) on the highway and 70km/h (43mph) on single carriageways (because there are plenty of corners).
Check your mirrors to make sure nobody gets left behind (various levels of power and cargo weight).
Keep a distance of at least 50 to the truck in front (lag slams can cause big damage).
Check the Steam group chat often, there is also the in-game chat if needed.​

Let me know if you're able to join by responding here. Unfortunately I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do it due to my internet speed at the moment, but when the time comes I will set up a Steam chat group for you all.

Hopefully it will run smoother than the last one :gtpflag:

I thought I would organise another drive for those that are available:...
...Hopefully it will run smoother than the last one :gtpflag:

I normally would make this but I can't saturday as I have Orientation for school starting this fall. Going into my first of 6 years to get my PharmD (Dr. of Pharmacy)

I normally would make this but I can't saturday as I have Orientation for school starting this fall. Going into my first of 6 years to get my PharmD (Dr. of Pharmacy)
Ah, that's unfortunate, maybe next time.
Personally what I would like to see is that they license some older truck models. Going back to the late 80's/early 90's and up till 5 years back ish, which than could be sold at those small truck garages as occasions and young timers/old timers.
I think that would be pretty fun personally.
Yes that would be awesome :D
Would love to drive these in ETS2:

Volvo F10
p1757674246-3.jpg

Scania 111

scania-111-04.jpg

Mercedes NG1632

dscf1432o.jpg

Ah, that's unfortunate, maybe next time.

Yes that would be awesome :D
Would love to drive these in ETS2:

Volvo F10
p1757674246-3.jpg

Scania 111

scania-111-04.jpg

Mercedes NG1632

dscf1432o.jpg

That Mercedes reminds me of a German trucking series in the early 90's that was called "Auf Achse". Loved it!
Actually that series is the reason why our family at the time moved from a table served dinner to having our dinner in front of the television. Later on Macguyver became my to watch series and well... never went back to the dinner table since. lol

The other truck in Auf Achse was this Volvo F12-20 from 1978:

46517bn.8268.jpg

This was a episode of Auf Achse:

I would love to see an old school Mack. This is an 1985 Mack Superliner. Very different from euro style trucks. And if I'm not mistaken they are owned by volvo or vice versa?

Edit: Looked it up and they are owned by Volvo AB while Volvo cars are owned by a Chinese Company named Geely Automotive.
images

@LogiForce Ah television...

There was also an F16 a few years later, basically the same truck with a 16 litre engine. Also, I found an old trucks pack mod for ETS2. Could be interesting but I doubt it would work with the latest version.
I would love to see an old school Mack. This is an 1985 Mack Superliner. Very different from euro style trucks
Thats possibly the most American looking truck I've ever seen, love it.
1024x578.resizedimage

Why tease me with a super jump ETS2?

Yes, I have to play on that quality online.
Purple Scania I see ;) I have to play that quality all the time :(

I can at a push run on the next one up offline but it's not brilliant and the FPS will drop from time to time so I run that lowest all the time.

I can at a push run on the next one up offline but it's not brilliant and the FPS will drop from time to time so I run that lowest all the time.
Thats a shame, so you wont be running it online? I have to run low quality too, the fps really takes a hit online. Thats why I chose a quiet (hopefully) route so its playable. Hopefully in later versions of the MP mod it will run much more smoothly.

Yes the frame drops are annoying online. It haven't been too bad for me, as I'm quite used to 15-17 fps due to my GPU, but it should be fixed anyway. I've seen people report 4-7 fps in the worst areas (Europort) but I don't think I've been that low down.

I would love to see an old school Mack. This is an 1985 Mack Superliner. Very different from euro style trucks. And if I'm not mistaken they are owned by volvo or vice versa?

Edit: Looked it up and they are owned by Volvo AB while Volvo cars are owned by a Chinese Company named Geely Automotive.
images

Nice truck, but keep it out of Euro territory please!
The reason I say this is because these types of trucks are too big for European roads and cities. Else we could just as well have roadtrains moving through tight Alpine hairpins. Not going to work.

@LogiForce Ah television...

There was also an F16 a few years later, basically the same truck with a 16 litre engine. Also, I found an old trucks pack mod for ETS2. Could be interesting but I doubt it would work with the latest version.

Meh... I prefer official trucks instead of mods. Mods always seem to lack in some areas or have bugs somewhere, at least from my experience.

Nice truck, but keep it out of Euro territory please!
The reason I say this is because these types of trucks are too big for European roads and cities. Else we could just as well have roadtrains moving through tight Alpine hairpins. Not going to work.

Meh... I prefer official trucks instead of mods. Mods always seem to lack in some areas or have bugs somewhere, at least from my experience.
Yeah so do I too. I have persevered with new truck models but almost all of them have bugs and cause fps drops. A pack o classic trucks as official DLC would be nice but thats unlikely.

I also agree with what you say about American trucks. I've tried a Kenworth W900 mod before, lovely truck but the turning circle just made it far too hard to drive. Shouldn't be a problem in American truck simulator though.

Thats a shame, so you wont be running it online? I have to run low quality too, the fps really takes a hit online. Thats why I chose a quiet (hopefully) route so its playable. Hopefully in later versions of the MP mod it will run much more smoothly.
I will be in the next drive, but just in that quality and hoping the trucks around me won't do too much to my FPS.

I had it drop to about 2-3 if that in Rotterdam. It was crazy and like watching a slide show of pictures.

I completely agree. The only reason I've added the Mercedes Actros mods to my mod game save is because it should be in there, because it was before.

Back