The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
It is in the game file, BUT it seems to be in code... The format is .SCB Does anyone know of a good .SCB reader?
I think you have to use the free software from Scrambls, of which the filetype is associated to. I don't know this company though and I'm not sure if something like Winrar will open it.

That's the freedom I love about PC gaming, whether it be changing the software to add a new car, or changing the hardware to support 3 screens.

I should be there, and I was on it earlier and thought, we need a paint scheme of some sort for all our trucks.
I wont be able to do it because of my internet at the moment, but I will set up a Steam chat for you all.

Great idea with the paint though, although I do like the individuality of our trucks.

Rather than a paint scheme we should use that ETS2 mixed with GTP logo that was used in the convoy post and put it in a specific place on all of the trucks. That way we can keep different trucks and still match ;)

I thought I would organise another drive for those that are available:

View attachment 175848

Praha to Milano (Prague to Milan)

Saturday June 28th

Time:
15:00 BST
(British summer time). Later than the last one as @Kamuifanboy said he is unavailable and for the benefit of those across the pond.
Heres a handy time converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Before departing make sure:
Your multiplayer client is updated
You are connected to Steam group chat
Your truck is in Praha, fueled and ready to go
We'll meet at the parking area in the centre of Praha (below)​
View attachment 175857

Red star on the map:

View attachment 175858
Once we're all there we'll decide what jobs to take, to Milano or the nearest city
When we have our loads we'll meet outside Praha, on the western highway, at the parking lot (red arrow):
View attachment 175867

The route:
I chose this route because it should be quiet as it's south east and far away from Holland. It is also mostly single carriageway through the countryside, with hills and twisty roads. However, the GPS will tell us to head towards Verona (south at Munchen/Munich). We will instead go straight to Milano from Munich as the roads are more interesting, twisty and hilly with scenic views instead of all motorway.​
View attachment 175868

Please follow these guidelines so that it all runs as smoothly as possible:
Try not to exceed 90km/h (55mph) on the highway and 70km/h (43mph) on single carriageways (because there are plenty of corners).
Check your mirrors to make sure nobody gets left behind (various levels of power and cargo weight).
Keep a distance of at least 50 to the truck in front (lag slams can cause big damage).
Check the Steam group chat often, there is also the in-game chat if needed.​

Let me know if you're able to join by responding here. Unfortunately I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do it due to my internet speed at the moment, but when the time comes I will set up a Steam chat group for you all.

Hopefully it will run smoother than the last one :gtpflag:
I figured I'd quote it to bring it to the end of the thread.

Do we run on Europe server or USA?

Thats a good question. Last time we were on Europe so I suppose it'll be Europe again.

I was just trying to work out which would be quieter, USA at like 6-9am, or Europe mid Saturday afternoon.

I was just trying to work out which would be quieter, USA at like 6-9am, or Europe mid Saturday afternoon.
Ah yeah the US one is much quieter anyway, but it seems harder to connect/stay connected to, at least for me anyway.

Playing it for 2 days and for some reason, I'm hooked on driving trucks around LOL! Listening to the UK Rock radio while driving gives me the pleasures :D

What are some of the mods you use? Here's the list I use:

Promods
Project Realism
Realistic Lighting
Realistic AI Traffic mod 2.0
Realistic Physics mod 9.0

EKR is my favorite radio station too. They play some great stuff and it really adds to the atmosphere :)

Mods I use:

Promods 1.62
Volvo straight pipe sound

Jazzycat:
AI traffic 1.1.1
Truck traffic 1.2
Painted truck traffic 1.3
Military cargo 1.4
Railway cargo 1.3
Trailers and cargo 2.4

When the opportunity arose to haul some Duff last week , I couldn't refuse :D

ets2_00248.png

Gotta take a look at Jazzycat's stuff, Duff skin looks absolutely fabulous!

EDIT: Looked through steam forums a little, found out Jazzy's mods clash with many other stuff! Can anyone clarify on this?

Playing it for 2 days and for some reason, I'm hooked on driving trucks around LOL! Listening to the UK Rock radio while driving gives me the pleasures :D

What are some of the mods you use? Here's the list I use:

Promods
Project Realism
Realistic Lighting
Realistic AI Traffic mod 2.0
Realistic Physics mod 9.0
Promods 1.62
Russia Map 1.2
Scania Streamline Stock Rework
Volvo FH 2013 v 12.6s
Kamaz 4410-6450
Engine Overhaul v 1.05

Jazzycat:
Cargo pack 2.2
Raliway pack 1.3

The first trip in the Kamaz, a 70T train! Handled it well actually:

ets2_00040.png

2014-06-28_00002.jpg

A very good mod, high quality, lots of tuning and real life engines and gearboxes 👍

Back