The General Airplane Thread

• Thread starter Crash
  • 2,744 comments
lol, not like you missed much either..

Looked at their YT page and they don't have much activity. Might be elsewhere on the interwebzzzz... What specifically is this add about?

The next super duper stealth bomber from Merica, code named Freedom Eagle (that's a joke)

Heard a plane coming over low, checked flight radar and it was at 27.000ft... Not low but loud! It was an Antanov An-12BP flying at 344kts. Flight data started above sea west of France and that's all it shows.
1329128.jpg

Thought you guys might like this:

I never thought that you could do mid-air takeoffs with the shuttle. If you had told me before showing the proper procedure, I'd imagine it would go something like this:

Finally, here's the new Northrop Grumman advertisement.

12573058_1025785307444446_1364957621389526487_n.jpg

After an uneventful go around, the pilot made a second approach but eventually decided to perform another go around due to difficulties in stabilising the helicopter. As he was making a turn to the right, the helicopter started a spin in a clockwise direction. Whilst the helicopter was spinning, it began to lose altitude and drifted in a northerly direction until it impacted the windscreen of a coach parked in the parking lot adjacent to Sung Wong Toi Road. At the time of the accident, one person was working inside the coach. There was no post-impact fire but the aircraft was damaged. The pilot, the helicopter passenger and the person inside the coach sustained minor injuries.

The investigation concluded the cause of the accident was that the helicopter during a downwind approach experienced a Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness (LTE) that resulted in the aircraft spinning to the right during a low airspeed tight turn to the right. This subsequently led to the total Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness due to a Vortex Ring State developing on the tail rotor disc.

Rip your internet haha

You despicable, spiteful, child!!!!

As this post tries to load, the picture slowly filling the box around the post, then the box expands to load ANOTHER picture, seemingly ad infinitum, I have Photoshop layer-flattening a 3-hour star trails shot. Still at 16-MP resolution.

Task manager has two Chrome processes running about 20-30% CPU each, Photoshop about 15, and Photoshop has taken nearly 5 GB of RAM for itself.

I hate you! :P

Really nice pics, though!!!

Watching the first NASCAR pre-season race right now and I've seen the NG commercial twice, looks cool, but damn the Germans in WWII knew what they were doing.

Oh yeah.... was that flight today or something?

edit:
I think yesterday or the day before was the first day 47 years ago a 747 flew as well..

Looked it up and it seems to be from 27 January. Air France had their last passenger flight the previous month... They are all retired now (or sold?).

The press kit even states that it's the "fastest single engine piston plane in its category," so it's not like he could even use the excuse of it being a turbine.

Back