The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
I wasn't going to report it, but heck, my avatar's too pretty.

Week w/e week#: Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier). Get some.

Looks like Tumblr made it, really. Not surprised.
But it's still Oreki! How people even came around and convinced themselves Oreki is badass makes me hell kininarimasu.

You should be thankful. If that was 2 years ago, after 3 days it would have been 10 pages.
Then people stopped posting like that because everything related to Japan is slowly turning to 🤬

But it's still Oreki! How people even came around and convinced themselves Oreki is badass makes me hell kininarimasu.
They think he's cool because "oh he's lethargic but smart just like I am :P" when in reality they're just a bunch of fat, useless turds.

How to destroy your backlog like a boss.

Also, a little something I drew the other day - wanted to try out a random .05 pen. You can guess who it is (scanner goofed up some parts sadly):
4spT76.png

EDIT: Think I'm gonna try a routine to draw something at least one character a week, then post it here.

Last edited:
How to destroy your backlog like a boss.

Also, a little something I drew the other day - wanted to try out a random .05 pen. You can guess who it is (scanner goofed up some parts sadly):
4spT76.png

EDIT: Think I'm gonna try a routine to draw something at least one character a week, then post it here.

Not too shabby there :)
I'd lower the eyes a little bit.

In other news, I started watching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni tonight. Bit of head scratcher, not the best animation (I know, I was told all of this beforehand) although I like the way the storytelling and pacing are done.

Looking forward to the rest of the show and the 2nd season that answers all the questions.

Also, a little something I drew the other day - wanted to try out a random .05 pen. You can guess who it is.

Could it be.... Sakura?! :P

Think I'm gonna try a routine to draw something at least one character a week, then post it here.

I said I would do that since the last drawing but I broke that promise the very next week. It'd be awesome if you could do it though.

Not too shabby there :)
I'd lower the eyes a little bit.

yeah, probably should've done that.

Could it be.... Sakura?! :P

I said I would do that since the last drawing but I broke that promise the very next week. It'd be awesome if you could do it though.

Nice guess, but nope ;)

I'll probably manage. But would like you to join in as well, plus anyone else here

Yo dawgs. If both of you do this I'll give it a go too. Been ages since I drew something, sadly.

Yo dawgs. If both of you do this I'll give it a go too. Been ages since I drew something, sadly.

I've been meaning to do some drawing too. Can't time it though, not skilful enough.

SVX
I've been meaning to do some drawing too. Can't time it though, not skilful enough.

Come on dude, you're not as skillful as I am, but I am not as skillful as my brother. To heck with it! It's su´pposed to be about having fun and puchins us to drawing some stuff. You don't have to di a full-on masterpiece, just doodle stuff up and that's it!

Come on dude, you're not as skillful as I am, but I am not as skillful as my brother. To heck with it! It's su´pposed to be about having fun and puchins us to drawing some stuff. You don't have to di a full-on masterpiece, just doodle stuff up and that's it!

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to drawing - I'm not one to doodle so much, I prefer getting as accurate as I can with my skill set. I'll definitely try and join in but I can't really promise as to when I'll finish each drawing. :)

I could be slightly busy but I could give it a shot.

Somewhat related:

^AFEBE35565991D3C37B7133615EF9FFDAB6C141B7B1739ED20^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Did this in a few mins awhile back. Was good fun, was happy with outcome too.

Ok chaps, challenge time!

By the end of this week I want to see what you guys can draw. I'm sensing the enthusiasm in this :P

SVX
Hoping for the later, :lol:

Also, this:

16127802187_bbcc82c2f8_z.jpg

Colouring is no way near as bad in real life, thankfully.

I usually use a soft tissue and rub on the coloured bits to smooth it out the colouring and also cover any white areas.

Try it out if you want

New avatar. Found it while looking for pictures for my Bakemonogatari itasha livery. Decided non-anime avatars just aren't for me, was a nice try though @Danny. :P

Speaking of Bakemonogatari, seeing as I finished it this morning, I feel like writing up a mini review slash essay on it, or something. Expect that... whenever I can feel bothered enough. :lol:

I usually use a soft tissue and rub on the coloured bits to smooth it out the colouring and also cover any white areas.

Try it out if you want

Appreciate the advice, will try it out sometime this week!

Ryosuke changes his wheels real fast. :lol:
View attachment 385255 View attachment 385256

:lol:, yes. I remember going through Second Stage the first time noticing the exact same thing.

Last edited:
SVX
I'm a perfectionist when it comes to drawing - I'm not one to doodle so much, I prefer getting as accurate as I can with my skill set.

You can't expect to reach the level of perfectionist if you don't doodle even as practice.
Let's try treating this more like practice than a show & tell.

Drop all critiquing unless we're asking for feedback.

We can slowly hone accuracy with each drawing we make. For now, I think what's most crucial is developing a comfortable routine of drawing on a regular basis. I'll see to getting in a draft or two per week. Baby steps, guys. We'll get to making nicer drawings, but right now I'm pretty sure all of us are currently not at our best.

SVX
I could be slightly busy but I could give it a shot.

Somewhat related:

View attachment 385183

Did this in a few mins awhile back. Was good fun, was happy with outcome too.

That's a perfectly fine entry. Not asking for anything complicated, but if you want to go ahead

So the entries are due by friday or so, or can we just post it whenever the heck we finish?

Either way is good. Deadline's just there so you know you should finish your piece(s). Since this is an anime thread, the piece(s) should be anime/manga-related.

SVX
Hoping for the later, :lol:

Also, this:

16127802187_bbcc82c2f8_z.jpg

Colouring is no way near as bad in real life, thankfully.

Nice. As what @TayeezSA said, I would blend it in with a blending stump or similar to make it look more solid. The tooth of the paper matters a bit too. Bristol works best I think. Markers like Copic work too but they're expensive

Last edited:
Back