The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
-> ...

11073463_859060540814109_4195383036534852217_n.jpg

:lol:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but for the first time I was actually fairly underwhelmed at an episode of Rakuen. It started off great but towards the end, it just got far too outlandish and absurd, and incredibly rushed. I'm slightly disappointed actually as I was expecting great things from it but the fact that they got an entire 'heist' in one episode is a tad lame. Neat seeing Kazaki back in life form, but a aircraft carrier emerging out of water? Jumping out of a sewer and landing on a boat with no damage what so ever? :indiff:

I can't wait for the Visual Novel to blow me away. :D

Well, I burned through the first season of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni over the last few days and finished the last episode now.

Once you get past the animation , the pacing and storytelling is pretty neat, even how the show tied up many things towards the end of each arc. There's still some loose ends but I'll attend to the 2nd Season later tonight. The insanity of some characters left me like :odd:...

Pretty neat watch I say.👍

@SVX , so where's that Bakemono write up? :D

Well, I burned through the first season of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni over the last few days and finished the last episode now.

Once you get past the animation , the pacing and storytelling is pretty neat, even how the show tied up many things towards the end of each arc. There's still some loose ends but I'll attend to the 2nd Season later tonight. The insanity of some characters left me like :odd:...

*Puts a knife in my neck*

"Pretty neat watch I say" :P

I liked Higurashi. This was my most memorable spook in the series:

edit: Week....23? Nase Izumi - Kyoukai no Konata

Bleh show, but Izumi is somewhat badass.

Also, not many of you know this one but there's a new Aria season coming this fall.

ngAwpYS.jpg

It takes place after the 3rd season, so this will pave way to two new characters to join Ai's journey as an Undine.

This show is incredibly light-hearted, and is known for its utopian optimistic worldview. If you find yourself dreaming of a romanticized fantasy world, the Aria series is up your alley.

final edit:

Merry Go Round never gets old.

Last edited:
Let's get this show on the road.

11133772_10153962688659097_7622671780217664828_n.jpg

So I'm making hella slow progress in drawing hair. I wanted to gain that knack of knowing where to draw thin strands and where to leave it coarse (see my avatar for example). Without thinking about it, I end up drawing what keep looks like same length hair strands and it ends up looking like a broom.

Being dissatisfied, I pulled up other characters with short hair and did timed drawings (as labeled). The 2-minute one on the left is a different with the immensely layered hair. The 1-minute above was a drawing with less details on the strands, but the composition was basically what I wanted to aim for. Despite how loose it is, you can get a sense there is volume and a variety of shape to not look so flat as the coloured one up front.

If I have time and or commitment, I'll get around to trying again this week, but I'll try at copying other art styles outside of manga.

*Puts a knife in my neck*

"Pretty neat watch I say" :P

I liked Higurashi. This was my most memorable spook in the series:

That edited one spooked me quite a bit :scared:

2nd Season is off to a decent start thus far. The Animation got some polish which is nice.

I suppose I'll try out Panty & Stocking after this for something that requires less brain power :P

China continues their blacklisting of various anime and manga. Here's what they blacklisted, for convenience...

• Terror in Resonance
  • Blood-C
  • Highschool of the Dead
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Parasyte
  • The Skull Man
  • Another
  • Inferno Cop
  • Afro Samurai
  • Tokyo Ghoul √A
  • Sword Art Online II
  • Tokyo ESP
  • Tokyo Ravens
  • Devil May Cry
  • RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil
  • Attack on Titan
  • Corpse Party
  • Strike the Blood
  • Death Note
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • Date A Live II
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Devilman Lady
  • School Days
  • Those Who Hunt Elves
  • Elfen Lied
  • High School DxD
  • Samurai Bride
  • So, I Can't Play H!
  • Girls Bravo: Second Season
  • Kanokon
  • Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
  • Sakura Diaries
  • Black Butler
  • Claymore
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund

China continues their blacklisting of various anime and manga. Here's what they blacklisted, for convenience...

Yeah, that's... I don't know what to say about that, really.

I mean, why even bother with such draconian censorship laws? And what proves that people won't just try to do something to bypass such limits? Why does China act as an upset grandad when it comes to animes/mangas? There are just simply too many questions that need an answer for me...

They blacklisted Samurai Bride and Kanokon :lol:

edit: omg AND DATE A LIVE TWO?! :lol::lol:

edit edit: Euphonium reveals more and more of Kousaka's cute side.

Last edited:
I mean, why even bother with such draconian censorship laws? And what proves that people won't just try to do something to bypass such limits? Why does China act as an upset grandad when it comes to animes/mangas? There are just simply too many questions that need an answer for me...

This 1000%. China unfortunately has a huge track record in censorship ever since the rise of the Communist party there. They insist they ban everything that is "harmful to the Chinese youth"... More like they ban everything that either isn't painting them on a good light, or is just NSFW. And in my most honest opinion, these are flat-out stupid reasons to ban a work: first, they should really abandon this kind of national pride which isn't winning them a lot of friends abroad, but not abandon all national spirit (because let's be honest, you really need some of it); but also, just because a work is violent doesn't mean people will start imitating said violence IRL, and just because a work is sexually explicit doesn't mean people will become sexual deviants because of said work.

...At least China isn't nearly as bad as North Korea. :lol:

Itasha
You're doing it wrong!

EDIT: Not that I hate Haruhi - I've never watched the series to have an opinion of her, but seriously, that's a pretty bad attempt at an Itasha, not helped by the car being quite a rust bucket.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed in Disappearance is that since I watched the series long before I did the film, Haruhi now seems far more attractive as a whole.
But then the film was drawn better. So that's probably part of the reason.

Not bad. Not good, but not bad.

One thing I noticed in Disappearance is that since I watched the series long before I did the film, Haruhi now seems far more attractive as a whole.
But then the film was drawn better. So that's probably part of the reason.

Now you see why I think she is one of my top anime girls. I haven't watched Disappearance, but my Haruhi she's just...

Chanced it and started watching Shigatsu.. I'll probably be lying to myself in saying I didn't get goosebumps. Visuals work so well with the music it just enthralls me. I'm not acute to classical music or music in general but this is something else. The visuals and music are just impeccable. I even daresay that it even beats out Makoto's stuff. Meanwhile I'm drawing a slew of creative inspiration from this show - something I'm seriously struggling with these days, in addition to other personal issues. Honestly these kids represent passions in anything, not just music. Peering into these kids' thoughts makes me think what these passions mean and how they emerge, and what it means to create art. Also means delving into inner conflicts and resolving them to repair loose ends.

For a pretty hyped-up series it's done quite well

Last edited:
Back