The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
Grown up Asuka better marry Baka Shinji. :grumpy:

Hoyle bejeebus that list is huge :eek:
:lol: Years and years of watching anime

Weirdly enough, it was Toonami/Adult Swim that made me start liking anime

I like how a different group of people are having their own conversation when the other dudes are all asleep :lol:

It's not the best anime ever made and it's a little over the top with the violence, but it's good. Deciding it's utter garbage after only 4 episodes is a bit hasty, don't you think?

Though I'd personally recommend the manga over the anime. Even if it is even more ridiculous at times than the anime.

@dice - huge list, needs more ratings! All I can really tell is you're a huge Gundam fanboy! :lol:

@Hatcha - great list, looks like we have very similar tastes!

mine

Time to divert the subject!

Who are some of your favourite Seiyuus?

Aya Hirano - Konata Izumi (Lucky Star), Haruhi Suzimiya, Ekaterina Kurae (Seikon no Qwaser)
Yuuichi Nakamura - Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad), Kyousuke Kousaka (Ore no Imouto)
Rie Kugimiya - Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Yukimura Sanade (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls), Aria H. Kanzaki (Aria the Scarlet Ammo).
Satomi Arai - Kuroko Shirai (Railgun)
Kikuko Inoue - Sanae Furukawa (Clannad), Uraha (Air), Shiina Kamijou (Index)

It's not the best anime ever made and it's a little over the top with the violence, but it's good. Deciding it's utter garbage after only 4 episodes is a bit hasty, don't you think?

Though I'd personally recommend the manga over the anime. Even if it is even more ridiculous at times than the anime.

It's probably better than the score I ended up giving it, but I went into it with a huge amount of optimism due to it's high ratings on a number of different sites. I kind of had a strop and dropped it because it wasn't living up to my expectations, I was also told it doesn't get any better. If thats true of not, I don't know.

@dice - huge list, needs more ratings! All I can really tell is you're a huge Gundam fanboy! :lol:

@Hatcha - great list, looks like we have very similar tastes!

mine

Yeah, you seem to hold Samurai Champloo, Baccano and NHK in the same regard I do.

Aya Hirano - Konata Izumi (Lucky Star), Haruhi Suzimiya, Ekaterina Kurae (Seikon no Qwaser)
Rie Kugimiya - Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Yukimura Sanade (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls), Aria H. Kanzaki (Aria the Scarlet Ammo).

Hanazawa Kana - Pretty much everything I've heard her as has been brilliant.

Wow you guys have some long lists lol! I'm not posting mine now...

Grown up Asuka mmmmmm

Today's Asuka is many Asukas! YAY!

1240922019831.jpg

Bonus:

tumblr_lm0zwojkKp1qfir59o1_500.jpg

e79eb5df5a2203caa1ede942c82c18b4.jpg

1284852701738.jpg

Seiyus:

Unshou ISHIZUKA: Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop), Van Hohenheim (FMA Brotherhood), Marus (Guin Saga), Bunta (Initial D), Job Trunht (LOGH), Zabuza (Naruto), Sanga (FotNS), Kizaku (One Piece), Quent Yaiden (Wolf's Rain), and Ryuuzou Takehara (X'amd) are some of the bigger roles I've seen him in in some of the better animes, but his full lost of roles played is one of the biggest in the industry

Fumihiko TACHIKI: Kenpachi (Bleach), Mana Walker/Narrator (D.Gray-man), Gendou Ikari (Evangelion), Sloth (FMAB), Hasegawa/Narrator (Gintama), like 50+ different parts in Lucky Star, Akainu/Don Kreig (One Piece), Daedalus/Plaktu (Escaflowne), Yuichi Takagi (Wangan Midnight), Yuuichi Kirisaki (Yakitate!! Japan), and Talbo (Zegapain), another of the real powerhouses in anime

Kazuya NAKAI: Kanzo Mogi (Death Note), Miles (FMAB), Hijikata Toshirou (Gintama), Kouzou Etou (Nodame Cantabile), Karasu/Noein (Noein), Roronoa Zoro (One Piece), Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Shizuka Doumeki (xxxHolic)

Akira ISHIDA: Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion), Ryūnosuke Uryū (Fate/Zero), Katsura Kotarou (Gintama), Athrun Zala (MS Gundam Seed), Gaara of the Desert (Naruto), and a whole bunch more stuff that I haven't seen yet

Wataru TAKAGI: Genta Kojima/Officer Takagi (Detective Conan), Eikichi Onizuka (GTO), Kenji (Initial D), Tobi (Naruto Shippuuden), Bellamy (One Piece), and lots of bit parts in things I've seen like Crackerjack (Outlaw Star)

Takehito KOYASU: Shin Kazama (Area 88), Dan Simmonds (Aregentosoma), Luck Gandor (Baccano!), Klowal Febdash (Banner of the Stars), Pesshe Gatiishe and a couple others (Bleach), Shigeru Aoba (Evangelion), Scar's Brother (FMAB), Jubei Kakei (Getbackers), Takasugi Shinsuke (Gintama), Ryousuke Takahashi (Initial D), Neo Roanoke/Mu La Flaga (MS Gundam Seed), Zechs Merquise/Milliardo Peacecraft (MS Gundam Wing), Aokiji (One Piece), Yuri Mihairokoh (Planetes), and many, many more, certified as the hardest working seiyu with 418 roles to his credit, more than 60 more than the next most prolific cast member on the list

Shinichiro MIKI: Makoto Shinjou (Area 88), Urahara Kisuke (Bleach), Assassin (Fate/stay night), Kurz Weber (Full Metal Panic!), Roy Mustang (FMA), Sakamoto Tatsuma (Gintama), Takumi Fujiwara (Initial D), Neil Dylandy/Lockon Stratos (MS Gundam 00), and Tatsuya Shima (Wangan Midnight) among again many other roles, demonstrating incredible versatility

Houchu OHTSUKA: George Miyagusuku (Blood+), Bill Collins (Gunsmith Cats), Yazan Gable (MS Zeta Gundam), Jiraya (Naruto), Masayoshi Kuki (RahXephon), and many other recognizable parts here and there, very distinct voice

Kazuhiko INOUE: Ryuu Takagi (BB), Nefee/Nereis (Banner of the Stars), Hatori Soma (Fruits Basket), Dusty Attemborough (LOGH), Keiichi Tamaru (Haruhi), Jerid Messa (MS Zeta Gundam), Kakashi Hatake (Naruto), Nyanko-san (Natsume Yujin-cho), and again so much more

And I'll second AOS- on Aya Hirano, one of the few female Seiyus that stands out for me

Looking over this list, a couple things are obvious. First, the Gundam franchize is extremely well funded and has gone out and gotten great voice actors as a top priority throughout the years. Second, while Initial D producers failed to get the best animators, they succeeded in betting the best voice actors, something I think many of us who enjoy the series can agree on.

Definitely Nana Mizuki, Aya, and Jun Fukuyama. :D
Pure awesome voice. 👍

Oh $^$&% how did I forget Nana Mizuki?! I knew there was one more that was sitting on the tip of my tongue...

Sephy, MyAnimeList the characters or shows for the Seiyuus.

Lol, you better clean up some virus in HD (Head Disk)first. :lol:
Not just her acting voice that i love, her songs too!
Pity, her album didn't get here. :(

I don't pay much attention to the voice actor's names.

There are some english voice actors that I can definitely recognize though, such as Steven Blum and Spike Spencer.

Might be blasphemy, but I watch the majority of my anime dubbed. :sly:

I have too many favorites.. but Minori Chirarra as Yuki or Michelle Ruff as Yuki is just freaking awesome and sticks out to this day. :D

As for the photos... Hell Yes. :sly:

Hidan no Aria

Aria K. Holmes (pictured above) and Riko Mine (the blonde) is a descandant of Lupin.

Good anime, in my opinion :lol:

Back